NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by Big Monster

Negative on the sweat. You can see that the ribbing on the arms is lighter grey. Also the grey is same grey as blocking on shoulder area.

i'm not sure what you're saying, but if you're saying it's a 2 tone gray, that's not accurate.

they are a solid gray. i got there early enough to see them before the sweat made them a darker gray. i didn't take a picture because i never thought this would be an issue.

if the Nike Media picture isn't enough, here's the Nike catalog picture:
Screen-shot-2011-07-28-at-10.54.20-AM.png
you can also mix-n-match your own uniform combination here:
http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/uniform-creator.html

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

are you not suppose to sweat during a football game?? i think Ok. State jerseys are sick. Gotta love grey jersey's.

Of course you are.  Everyone does.  But not everyone looks like it.

^ Those cleats are ill. Bet if they were Nike people would be going crazy over them. Plank is doing a great job. Maryland is everywhere today. Even on CNN for their jerseys. Say all you want but in the end, Maryland won
pimp.gif

Yeah I do have feeling, that if they were Nike uinforms people would be going crazy for them  Although I do think Nike wouldve  done the shoes differently

i like how ok st. incorporated the grey into their new unis.  i wish texas would do the same with black.  they're killing me with this good ol' boy way of only wanting to go with tradition.  

I don't care who made the Maryland uniforms, I'd be smh
30t6p3b.gif
 no matter who it was.  Just seems to me like UA is trying really hard to be Nike...and as the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  I thought it was pretty shameless how they also featured a neon green color (like Cam's cleats) during the combine that was very similar to the volt color by Nike.  I'm all for innovation and creation, but if you're just gonna copy Nike's playbook, then you've gotta execute better than them to get credit.

A lot of people didn't like Georgia's pro combats (me included), so it's not like everyone here is blindly pro-Nike.

Those LSU uniforms are on display at the new Nike Experience store here in Dallas...they have been doing a great job since opening displaying all of Nike's latest releases...

I am going to go by there and will take some more photos.

has anyone seen MSU's pro combat uni's? theyre wearing them against u of m this year...i hope theyre black.

Originally Posted by bc60997

Those LSU uniforms are on display at the new Nike Experience store here in Dallas...they have been doing a great job since opening displaying all of Nike's latest releases...

Thanks - I was wondering where those photos came from.  Please take some more photos that would be great.

LSU Helmet, cleats, and socks are
pimp.gif

As for the actual uniform, its a little too "retro" for me, but everyone has their thing.

I would love to see Washington and Arizona Pro Combats.

As for this year's new unis and helmets, I must say, while not a fan at all of the team or school, ASU is simply awesome- matte black helmet is just tough as #$%

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i like how ok st. incorporated the grey into their new unis.  i wish texas would do the same with black.  they're killing me with this good ol' boy way of only wanting to go with tradition.  
Grey is actually an official color schem for OK State.  Black is not for Texas.  Players have been begging to wear black at Texas since at least 2004.  Mack has said (thankfully) over his dead body.  

It isn't good ole boy.  It's tradition and good aesthetics.  Texas is a brand that doesn't need any of that garbage like Maryland does and Oregon did.

Originally Posted by jayli

30t6p3b.gif
 no matter who it was.  Just seems to me like UA is trying really hard to be Nike...and as the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  I thought it was pretty shameless how they also featured a neon green color (like Cam's cleats) during the combine that was very similar to the volt color by Nike.  I'm all for innovation and creation, but if you're just gonna copy Nike's playbook, then you've gotta execute better than them to get credit.

A lot of people didn't like Georgia's pro combats (me included), so it's not like everyone here is blindly pro-Nike.
It's sad.  All UA has done is copy what Nike did.  Special one time only crazy uniforms.  Helmet print.  Print on number fonts.  Schools specific designs in the print.  Print on glove palms.  Desings on the back of socks.  Etc...  It's just sad IMO.

Originally Posted by sagolous

has anyone seen MSU's pro combat uni's? theyre wearing them against u of m this year...i hope theyre black.
Nope.  Prob will be a little while before they leak or are released.  I expect either a dark grey or black component.  Maybe bronze.

Originally Posted by mjpit23

Originally Posted by bc60997

Thanks - I was wondering where those photos came from.  Please take some more photos that would be great.
Those other photos came from the Nike in LV IIRC.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

30t6p3b.gif

It's sad.  All UA has done is copy what Nike did.  Special one time only crazy uniforms.  Helmet print.  Print on number fonts.  Schools specific designs in the print.  Print on glove palms.  Desings on the back of socks.  Etc...  It's just sad IMO.

I agree it is sad but this whole business is about stealing from each other.  If you are going to get technical about it ... NIKE stole the whole Pro Combat apparel concept from Under Armour.  UA came up with the whole base layer thing and then NIKE bit that from them.  Even the damn name of the line is similar to UA ... Armour ... Combat ... all the same stuff with some slight differences. 

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Grey is actually an official color schem for OK State.  Black is not for Texas.  Players have been begging to wear black at Texas since at least 2004.  Mack has said (thankfully) over his dead body.  

It isn't good ole boy.  It's tradition and good aesthetics.  Texas is a brand that doesn't need any of that garbage like Maryland does and Oregon did.

TRUTH.

I do not want to see texas in black, I hate when I see even the knock off stuff in black.

Just to clear up any confusion, the darker grey areas are the "sweat zones" that we have incorporated into our jerseys. It's where we have channeled the sweat/moisture to go for quicker evaporation. All the jerseys are one solid color.

Here's an example:

6fe3668d1f3d2bf906811d0bb84f0c50f453cae0_r.jpg

^^^^ Either way, it's not a good look.

The pewter/carbonish Oregon helmet is sweet though.  Ditto on the matte black.  I would however love to see the retro colors brought back for one game this year like they did a few years back. 

As for Texas, once Mack Brown leaves, you best believe they'll incorporate some goofiness.  Look at Duke- who would have thought the Blue Rat would have signed off on black jerseys at Duke of all places?

As for the "gimmicky" unis, I don't think they're amazing, but they add a different dimension and at least contribute to all the hype surrounding certain games.  I would be all for teams wearing different unis once or twice a season- even bowl games, but I don't need to see a different combo each game a la Oregon, or even Maryland now.  Does Maryland seem a little "late to the game" Yes, they do, but who can blame them based on the fact that recruits and players want the stuff.  No one wants to seem old fashioned and lame.  Even Adidas is getting into the mix- albeit even worse than UA in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

^^^^ Either way, it's not a good look.

The pewter/carbonish Oregon helmet is sweet though.  Ditto on the matte black.  I would however love to see the retro colors brought back for one game this year like they did a few years back. 

As for Texas, once Mack Brown leaves, you best believe they'll incorporate some goofiness.  Look at Duke- who would have thought the Blue Rat would have signed off on black jerseys at Duke of all places?

As for the "gimmicky" unis, I don't think they're amazing, but they add a different dimension and at least contribute to all the hype surrounding certain games.  I would be all for teams wearing different unis once or twice a season- even bowl games, but I don't need to see a different combo each game a la Oregon, or even Maryland now.  Does Maryland seem a little "late to the game" Yes, they do, but who can blame them based on the fact that recruits and players want the stuff.  No one wants to seem old fashioned and lame.  Even Adidas is getting into the mix- albeit even worse than UA in my opinion.

I'd be amazed if Texas ever wore black in a game.

Duke has done some form of black for awhile in Basketball, they just recently incoporated black into the uniform.

Originally Posted by mjpit23

30t6p3b.gif

I agree it is sad but this whole business is about stealing from each other.  If you are going to get technical about it ... NIKE stole the whole Pro Combat apparel concept from Under Armour.  UA came up with the whole base layer thing and then NIKE bit that from them.  Even the damn name of the line is similar to UA ... Armour ... Combat ... all the same stuff with some slight differences. 

UA definitely pioneered compression gear for regular consumers, and the truth is that they still get credit for that.  Whenever someone makes a comment about a compression shirt I'm wearing, they always refer to it as "under armour".  There's clearly going to be some situations in which you see what your competitors do and then attempt to out-execute them if their strategy is good (Nike took the McDavid padding concept to another level and then marketed it smartly too).  When I first bought compression stuff, I tried both Nike and UA, and legitimately preferred the feel of Nike's (the pro vent line, I'm not a big fan of the current compression tops, as I've mentioned).

UA is obviously the upstart, adidas the #2, and Nike is the 800 lb. gorilla in the industry.  If you're the challenger and you want to make some real noise, you've got to innovate (like UA with compression), not just imitate.  That's what I really love about Nike - even though they're the clear leader, they continue to evolve and push as if they were the challenger.

jeff - amen on all of the various cues/items that UA has just copied from Nike.

That roller derby pic is hilarious, I can't believe they copied that!

Back
Top Bottom