NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Just to clear up any confusion, the darker grey areas are the "sweat zones" that we have incorporated into our jerseys. It's where we have channeled the sweat/moisture to go for quicker evaporation. All the jerseys are one solid color.
Thanks for the clear up.  I don't really understand why you'd want certian areas to be "sweat zones" though, it seems more for aesthitics.

Originally Posted by mjpit23

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by jayli

I don't care who made the Maryland uniforms, I'd be smh
30t6p3b.gif
 no matter who it was.  Just seems to me like UA is trying really hard to be Nike...and as the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  I thought it was pretty shameless how they also featured a neon green color (like Cam's cleats) during the combine that was very similar to the volt color by Nike.  I'm all for innovation and creation, but if you're just gonna copy Nike's playbook, then you've gotta execute better than them to get credit.

A lot of people didn't like Georgia's pro combats (me included), so it's not like everyone here is blindly pro-Nike.
It's sad.  All UA has done is copy what Nike did.  Special one time only crazy uniforms.  Helmet print.  Print on number fonts.  Schools specific designs in the print.  Print on glove palms.  Desings on the back of socks.  Etc...  It's just sad IMO.

I agree it is sad but this whole business is about stealing from each other.  If you are going to get technical about it ... NIKE stole the whole Pro Combat apparel concept from Under Armour.  UA came up with the whole base layer thing and then NIKE bit that from them.  Even the damn name of the line is similar to UA ... Armour ... Combat ... all the same stuff with some slight differences. 

I have no problems with them copying ideas that lead to safer athletes.  If a helmet technology is better, everytone should use it.  I am talking about design elements in particular.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Just to clear up any confusion, the darker grey areas are the "sweat zones" that we have incorporated into our jerseys. It's where we have channeled the sweat/moisture to go for quicker evaporation. All the jerseys are one solid color.

Here's an example:

6fe3668d1f3d2bf906811d0bb84f0c50f453cae0_r.jpg

I understand that.   It looks terrible.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

As for Texas, once Mack Brown leaves, you best believe they'll incorporate some goofiness.  Look at Duke- who would have thought the Blue Rat would have signed off on black jerseys at Duke of all places?

I think the guys running Texas football are smarter than that.  It was bad enough they let the bball wear black.  I think they learned their lesson.

i see my quote function still isn't working, but at any rate, thank you for your input jeff.  first of all, i didn't ask if black was an official school color for texas, but it can clearly be seen that the school's athletic department and NIKE uses the black/burnt orange scheme often. 

thumb.aspx
-shirts worn by coaches on the sidelines-
thumb.aspx
-replica black football jersey-
image_2022949.jpg
-black basketball uni chosen to be worn by the men against duke in '05 or '06-

the ladies basketball team uni's have prominent black piping around the letters, numbers and side hip design.  i don't follow the ladies volleyball squad, but i've seen pictures of them practicing in all black unis with burnt orange texas and number on the front.

yea, i call it "good ol' boy" mentality and you just proved my point with your quote from that bum mack brown.  the student athlete wanted to change up the uniforms a bit or simply just add to what's already there, but they were denied by a guy who isn't even an alum. 

i don't need to tell you that what you deem to be aesthetically pleasing may not be the case for everyone else.

^as a Texas fan. I do not want to see black uniforms on the football field. Texas uni's have been a constant and are a tradition. My grandfather is an alum and a booster, Texas football is close to my heart. Mack is not a bum...get off that.

Granted I see the appeal to having the black, I think it fits more in the other sports. However, I'm not seeing in football...call me old school but that's just how I see it.

^^^ Touchy
wink.gif
.  I hear you on the traditionalist thing- TEXAS is uniquely TEXAS- I agree that black somewhat "cheapens" the look and feel of their football unis.    Same may be said for ND, MICH, OSU, Nebraska, Miami, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc... However, all of them with the exception of Nebraska to my knowledge have altered their look in some way at least a handful of times over the past few years.  Nothing permanent but you know the drill.

Anyway, I don't think black looks good with Texas color scheme, however I would like to see an all burnt orange with white logo helmet at some point and maybe a burnt oranged out look(pants and jerseys) just for the hell of it- use your colors- just tweak around with the combos.  Is that ok with the purists??

^lol...not me.

Rich-I'd put it like this, altering the Texas uni in a major would be the same as doing it for the Packers...just don't do it.

Obviously tech will improve so the overall look will change over time, but I hope they keep it as true as possible.

Texas is not Oregon...and I like both
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i see my quote function still isn't working, but at any rate, thank you for your input jeff.  first of all, i didn't ask if black was an official school color for texas, but it can clearly be seen that the school's athletic department and NIKE uses the black/burnt orange scheme often. 

thumb.aspx
-shirts worn by coaches on the sidelines-
thumb.aspx
-replica black football jersey-
image_2022949.jpg
-black basketball uni chosen to be worn by the men against duke in '05 or '06-

the ladies basketball team uni's have prominent black piping around the letters, numbers and side hip design.  i don't follow the ladies volleyball squad, but i've seen pictures of them practicing in all black unis with burnt orange texas and number on the front.

yea, i call it "good ol' boy" mentality and you just proved my point with your quote from that bum mack brown.  the student athlete wanted to change up the uniforms a bit or simply just add to what's already there, but they were denied by a guy who isn't even an alum. 

i don't need to tell you that what you deem to be aesthetically pleasing may not be the case for everyone else.

So Texas should wear the state flag on their helmet too?  And neon shoes?  And follow every other stupid trend out there, because you think they should?  Again, thankfully the football team is smarter than that?

Why would they do that?  Other schools do it to improve recruiting and bring in money.  Texas as already #1 in those.  They don't need gommicks like Oregon and Maryland.  Is the men's bball team?  Nope.  That's why they brought in the black.  Worked out real well for them.  1 and done. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
neon shoes and state flag helmets?  ok, this back and forth with you has become a waste. 

where did i write that texas should use off the wall colors and designs in their unis as a gimmick?  it appears that you are so caught up in your way of thinking that you are attempting to put words in my mouth. 

i'm a fan of UT and tradition, but i also like to change things up every now and again.  it's funny you are so headstrong with your point that i think you missed the part where you and i both have shown that some at the school like change also.  look, i'm not here to bicker with you or anyone else over uniform colors.  at the end of the day, your opinion on the matter carries as much weight as mine does.....................none.

good day sir. 

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
neon shoes and state flag helmets?  ok, this back and forth with you has become a waste. 

where did i write that texas should use off the wall colors and designs in their unis as a gimmick?  it appears that you are so caught up in your way of thinking that you are attempting to put words in my mouth. 

i'm a fan of UT and tradition, but i also like to change things up every now and again.  it's funny you are so headstrong with your point that i think you missed the part where you and i both have shown that some at the school like change also.  look, i'm not here to bicker with you or anyone else over uniform colors.  at the end of the day, your opinion on the matter carries as much weight as mine does.....................none.

good day sir. 

I am stating my opinion and that of the administration of the football team at Texas.  It isn't just a "when mack is dead..." kind of thing like you said.  I was correcting you, not trying to start an argument.  For your benefit, I told you why some schools need to do gimmicky things like add black to their uniforms.  Texas is on the opposite end of those reasons.

You are painting me to be good good ole boy who doesn't like change and that simply isn't the case.  I have my undergrad degree from TCU and I love that they are participating in the Pro Combat Rivalry program.  I love their modern new uniforms.  I love that their designs are a bit outside the box.  I love Oregon's new template.  My personal opinion is that some teams (like Texas, PSU, Bama, USC etc don't need to mess with their uniforms just because some young kids like adding black or whatever).  I was also letting you know that I have some ins with the Texas athletic department and they feel the same way as I do.  If you want to debate whether or not you and I think Texas should add black, we can do that.  If you want to talk about whether they will, I will tell you what I've already said: that it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by Shox23

and colorado might get pro combats

Colorado is not on the Pro Combat list for this season.

Per the Denver Post
"…Embree said the school has talked to Nike about a possible “combat-style

Originally Posted by sho3tym

^as a Texas fan. I do not want to see black uniforms on the football field. Texas uni's have been a constant and are a tradition. My grandfather is an alum and a booster, Texas football is close to my heart. Mack is not a bum...get off that.

Granted I see the appeal to having the black, I think it fits more in the other sports. However, I'm not seeing in football...call me old school but that's just how I see it.

Didn't Texas have some black game-cuts that they gave to QBs for practice? I seem to remember them having nameplates stitched on and being impressed.
It looked good. But wasn't UT.

OK, so mesh but nameplates.

006.JPG

^practice gear. Not uncommon for QB's, that no hit jersey.

Would hate to see it on game day.

It's confusing because people use the wrong terms.  Pro Combat = the template and materials.  Pro Combat Rivalry = the special designs worn by TCU, tOSU, Boise, LSU, etc... over the past couple of seasons.  Wyoming and Appalachain State have worn pro combat uniforms, but were not part of the pro combat rivlary program.  That is what Colorado would be doing, if anything.

It's confusing because people use the wrong terms.  Pro Combat = the template and materials.  Pro Combat Rivalry = the special designs worn by TCU, tOSU, Boise, LSU, etc... over the past couple of seasons.  Wyoming and Appalachain State have worn pro combat uniforms, but were not part of the pro combat rivlary program.  That is what Colorado would be doing, if anything.

That's what i was thinking don't see CU as a school that would get special pro combats

where is said Pro Combat list for the season? i would like to know what teams are on it and when they are expected to dress.

That's what i was thinking don't see CU as a school that would get special pro combats
According to a friend of mine on the CU's team, Nike will provide with a special uniform this year. I would guess it would be for he Colorado State game. My little cousin plays at CSU and said they are getting special uni's for the game, so I wouldnt be surprised. 

Back
Top Bottom