NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

Any idea on the prices for the Megatron stuff ??

I NEED those gloves and socks in my life for football.

190 for the Flyposites, $140 for the Huarches, $70 for the hoody, $100 for the gloves, $28 for the tee, $25 for the socks, $28 for the hat. Nike is getting out of control with the glove prices, $100 for the NFL gloves and now $100 for these. Its seriously ridiculous, I mean really who the hell is gonna actually wear these in a game when they are so limited?

190 for the Flyposites, $140 for the Huarches, $70 for the hoody, $100 for the gloves, $28 for the tee, $25 for the socks, $28 for the hat. Nike is getting out of control with the glove prices, $100 for the NFL gloves and now $100 for these. Its seriously ridiculous, I mean really who the hell is gonna actually wear these in a game when they are so limited?

Where at?

In the NFL, don't the Jordan logos have to be 'blacked out'?
Yeah, I thought so too....they didn't pay some license fee or something, is what I thought someone said....but noticed these during the game yesterday al well.

In the NFL, don't the Jordan logos have to be 'blacked out'?

NFL is Nike now so no

Yeah, I thought so too....they didn't pay some license fee or something, is what I thought someone said....but noticed these during the game yesterday al well.

I don't think so. You still see cats wearing adidas cleats, ua cleats/gloves. Indiviudal athletes have their sponsorships. The NFL "being" Nike only refers to the team merchandise/uniforms. Cleats/ gloves/ and that stuff depends on the athlete.

I don't think so. You still see cats wearing adidas cleats, ua cleats/gloves. Indiviudal athletes have their sponsorships. The NFL "being" Nike only refers to the team merchandise/uniforms. Cleats/ gloves/ and that stuff depends on the athlete.
This was in another thread....
Nike and UA are the only brands that are allowed to display their logos, adidas and Reebok are not licensed anymore. Thats why you see Jones-Drew, RG III, Eli and Peyton, etc wearing blacked out cleats and non-descript gloves. Its a bit odd to see. What gets me is how many dudes wear differing cleats and gloves, like Willis and Davis on the Niners wear UA cleats and are supposedly UA athletes but wear Nike gloves every game.
Nike has always been licensed for the cleats in the league, Jordan Brand however has still not procured a license, thus all the JB athletes cleats don't have the Jumpman and still why they wear Nike-branded gloves.
Nike paid a serious licensing fee in previous years to showcase their cleats.

Their entire placement of the Swoosh was imperative on designs based on their License and what they were paying for it.

If you remember towards the end of the season a few years back all of a sudden everyone all of a sudden started wearing Nike gloves with swooshes on them.

I want to say Jordan Brand only needs to pay into this fee with a few hundred thousand dollars....but its not really worth it to them for what they produce in cleats every year and send out in free product.

The showcasing of their cleats in the NFL doesnt give their inline stuff any push at all. 

I assume this is the reason Adi and Reebok dont bother either... but then again Nike may have paid extra NOT to have anyone else other than UA  be able to sport logos and UA is well liked by the league and its only opinion but I dont think Nike could have done anything to keep UA from getting a license.

Where at?

Well Nike botched the hell out of this release, Champs only has the Flyposite and hat online now, NDC does not have any of the Flyposites left, and 21 Mercer and Champs Yardline barely has anything left either. No one has the gloves it seems. The Huaraches release 11/27.

derkro,

Thanks for going back and getting those quotes! :D And I see Dez wearing those but I doubt JB is gonna sign him. He's the furthest guy that represents the Brand well with all his on-field antics and off-field troubles.

My question is, how much money does Nike have to pay Hasbro for the rights to use that logo and name?

The logo is not Hasbro's. It is a custom Nike made logo that is a "football facemask" styled Transformers logo. The shirt with the name on it? I have no idea how they could use "Megatron" without having to pay Hasbro.

I know that but since Nike and JB go hand n hand they are allowed to have the logo

Random thought.

Why does Phil Knight allow Nike to outfit Oregon State? Couldn't he easily tell them to F off and go to Adidas? Nike uni's obviously make OSU more competitive and help with recruiting. I heard OSU is getting a complete re-branding this summer just like ASU got before last season. Just wondering if anyone had some insight as to why Uncle Phil helps out the enemy.

Last edited:
Random thought.

Why does Phil Knight allow Nike to outfit Oregon State? Couldn't he easily tell them to F off and go to Adidas? Nike uni's obviously make OSU more competitive and help with recruiting. I heard OSU is getting a complete re-branding this summer just like ASU got before last season. Just wondering if anyone had some insight as to why Uncle Phil helps out the enemy.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Random thought.

I see your point. But at the end of the day the jerseys can only go so far. Look at the Oregon facilities he has contributed towards, that kind of stuff is what really seals the deal for getting an edge recruiting wise.

Also keep in mind Oregon st is one of the last teams to get a re-vamped look, an yet they are in Nike's backyard. Ironic though they were product testing all those new jerseys and cleats etc during practice before the other teams actually got outfitted in them.

But at the end of the day we only have 2 football teams on a national level (probably 1.5 on avg since OSU has had a rough few yrs prior to this one :lol:), I think either way Nike wants a piece of that pie because that's such a large market share in our state, there aren't a lot of alternatives. Plus making business decisions based off that would be irrational. Phil knows whats good.

Just picked this stuff up as a Christmas present to myself! I am pretty excited about the TR1's. I have wanted them for awhile now just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Also trying to find a KO hoodie, but I haven't been able to find one in a medium. Does anybody have any idea where I can get one in a medium for less then 70 bucks. Don't want to pay that for a hoodie. Thanks!!

Well today is cyber monday so there should be plenty of sales. Check out footballfanatics.com.

^, always have impressed me this shoe. I wonder what stuff we are gonna see for all the bowl games, new cleats and gloves

Any recommendation on thick socks? The cleats fit a tad bit big and I cant exchange/return them... I have elites but they arent really thick around the foot area

Back
Top Bottom