NFL/NCAA Feet & Gear: '13-'14 Seasons Football Equipment/Cleats/Gloves/Jerseys etc.

I've often seen older guys in the leagues that play before us that wear softball (MCS) cleats in games. As I have never worn them before is there that significant of a difference between a TD plate and a MCS plate?

I've also noticed that, at least to my knowledge Jordan Brand has never released a GR football cleat with a TD plate. It has always been a detachable plate.

Sorry my bad on that. Let me clarify...I don't think I have ever seen a numbered Air Jordan cleat released as a GR that wasn't detachable.

So I sold a pair of Retro II's on Craigslist last week and when I met up with the guy I realized he played for ASU (Arizona State). Real cool dude and told me he was going to ball in them, so I had to keep an eye out for them. He was true to his word:
View media item 712087
Also, Carson who always is rocking something nice is wearing some VII's.

View media item 712088

So I sold a pair of Retro II's on Craigslist last week and when I met up with the guy I realized he played for ASU (Arizona State). Real cool dude and told me he was going to ball in them, so I had to keep an eye out for them. He was true to his word:
View media item 712087
Also, Carson who always is rocking something nice is wearing some VII's.

View media item 712088
Wrong thread but it's good to see jahii reinstated hope he does well this season

The University of Texas Longhorn's Equipment Twitter page posted these pictures of their Alamo Bowl cleats the other day: 

If you had to pick between Vapor Pro Low or Alpha Pro Low, anyone got pros and cons? priced the same

If you had to pick between Vapor Pro Low or Alpha Pro Low, anyone got pros and cons? priced the same
My .02...

Cleat Pattern: Vapors have blades at the back of the cleat that I believe help for lateral stability and cuts more than the Alphas that have cones at the rear.  I also think the Alphas are better in both grass and turf where the Vapors would only be great in turf (assuming you would get TD cleats).

Upper: The Alphas use flywire which lock your foot to the footbed.  This results in less slippage and enables quicker movements.  My heel slipped more though because the eyelets didn't come back as far as I wanted on my ankle but then again I have tiny ankles.

Midsole: The Alpha have more cushion overall. There is more cushion in the heel for support and a thinner layer in the forefoot for responsiveness.

Those are the main differences I noticed.

My .02...

Cleat Pattern: Vapors have blades at the back of the cleat that I believe help for lateral stability and cuts more than the Alphas that have cones at the rear.  I also think the Alphas are better in both grass and turf where the Vapors would only be great in turf (assuming you would get TD cleats).

Upper: The Alphas use flywire which lock your foot to the footbed.  This results in less slippage and enables quicker movements.  My heel slipped more though because the eyelets didn't come back as far as I wanted on my ankle but then again I have tiny ankles.

Midsole: The Alpha have more cushion overall. There is more cushion in the heel for support and a thinner layer in the forefoot for responsiveness.

Those are the main differences I noticed.
Thanks for the detailed post @mrinkredibul. Decided to buy both since they were so cheap, 82.50 shipped for both. Got em here

http://www.footballamerica.com/lev/...tx/mode+matchallpartial/Ntt/pro low/index.cat

Antoine Betha is wearing some PE Jordan XII cleats, black/royal blue in the Chiefs/Colts game

Ok so I feel like a dummy. Was in a marshalls and what did I find. The blue Calvin Johnson hoody with 81 on the front. The one that sells for 95$ Well it was in there for 39 bux. I passed on it.  Now I regret it so bad lol.

Can anyone tell me how these cleats are. Looking at some on ebay and didnt know if they are worth the 40 bux they are going for.

Nike Super Speed Td's low

Light

Comfortable

Last edited:
$40 bucks isn't bad for the Super Speed Lows. Make sure you go a half size up. They will take a game or two to break in but after that they will be a good, solid cleat.

Has anyone seen a release date for the Oregon Ducks Vapor Jet 3.0's being released to the public. Same gloves that they wore in the Alamo Bowl. I think a poster talked about this release earlier and as I was looking on eBay I noticed pairs are starting to pop up.

Back
Top Bottom