NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Why is Tannehill critical this season? Year 2, another step forward, but far from critical.

Brees should be in tier 1.

Sanchez should be left off the list entirely.

Flacco absolutely should not be with 3 turnover machines. I don't think you slot him up with the futures, but you can't put him with Romo, Stafford and Cutler. Rivers should go in with those 3 and rename them the interception gang or something. Make a new spot for Flacco as solid dude with Schaub and maybe Smith. (maybe not)

It bothers me they list Matt Ryan before Eli. Alot.

Carson Palmer should go just ahead of Sanchez, right behind all the practice squad QB's in the league.

I have no idea why everyone is on the Tannehill bandwagon, dude showed signs last season but I feel like every article I read everyone has the dolphins as a sexy pic.

One article even said now that Gronk is hurt that the Phins could sneak up , wtf?

As for Schaub, dude last year down the stretch played :smh: I understand the defens ddidnr help but that offense looked stagnant at times.

Kubes needs to get it together, that offense has talent and we shouldn't have to put all the weight strictly on defense.

Wasn't a shot or disrespect. There's no denying Brees is a different QB without Payton. We saw it last year and portions of the season Payton was injured.

He's still elite, right behind Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers for me. Top-4 first-class.

Wow. Can't believe that NFL.com article that has Josh Freeman as the 25th ranked quarterback in the NFL....

Dude has had 3 different coordinators/offenses in the last 4 years with the Bucs. This will be the first year that he'll be playing in the same offense in consecutive years since he's came into the league. Led the Bucs offense last year to the best passing offense in the league for 5 weeks straight and finished with over 4,000 yards passing, 27 TD's and 17 INTS. I'll admit, he has to be one of the most inconsistent quarterbacks I've ever seen in my life. But when he's on his game there's nobody I'd rather have then him. The problem with him is that he'll make some of the best throws you've ever seen, then the next play throw the worst throw you've ever seen. In a contract year with his defense finally good enough that he won't have to go out there and lead his team back all the time I expect a huge season out of Freeman. We're going to have to pay him a lot of damn money next summer....

I believed that about Freeman last year. Thought it would be his money season.

Let's see if it was merely a year delayed.

Wow. Can't believe that NFL.com article that has Josh Freeman as the 25th ranked quarterback in the NFL....

Dude has had 3 different coordinators/offenses in the last 4 years with the Bucs. This will be the first year that he'll be playing in the same offense in consecutive years since he's came into the league. Led the Bucs offense last year to the best passing offense in the league for 5 weeks straight and finished with over 4,000 yards passing, 27 TD's and 17 INTS. I'll admit, he has to be one of the most inconsistent quarterbacks I've ever seen in my life. But when he's on his game there's nobody I'd rather have then him. The problem with him is that he'll make some of the best throws you've ever seen, then the next play throw the worst throw you've ever seen. In a contract year with his defense finally good enough that he won't have to go out there and lead his team back all the time I expect a huge season out of Freeman. We're going to have to pay him a lot of damn money next summer....

Where would you put him?

Make a list. I cant see him ranked higher than 20

Nicks went down too and they kept chugging along.

The team had weapons, it's make or break year for dude, ESP win Glennon over this shoulder

I just realized that Drew Brees has never won a MVP award. I could have swore he won in 09, but it turns out it was P.Manning.

On another note I feel like this is the year Eli finally has a Elite statistical year. I'm talking a 15> int, >30 tds, and 4,000yds with a >90 qb rating.

Could be. I thought it was going to come last year, but he didn't throw for as many yards and TD's that I thought he would. He's got the weapons too, that's for sure...If Nicks can stay healthy.

He was visibly forcing things this past season, thus the giveaways.

Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers elite regardless.

Just highlighting Payton's impact.

Back
Top Bottom