NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

i watched the game. he made huge plays with his legs. and yet, had scored 13 points on one of the worst defenses in the national football league when it was all said and done. if not for richard sherman's pick 6 to tie it, the texans kill the clock and win 20-13. i don't doubt his talent, but surely you can find a better example than that game

russell wilson is apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread, second coming of jesus, etc.. its never gonna end with this dude, he is a game manager and everyone outside of seahawk fans realize it, dude had a below average playoff run it is what it is. but he just won a super bowl and they are still trying to argue about it. go out and celebrate dawg why you still on here defending bruno mars brother... if my team had just won the super bowl id be going ape **** for a few days...

It's really not even a debate worth having.  Anyone who watches football knows Russell Wilson has been outstanding for his first two seasons...  Both the stats and the wins bear that out.  To argue anything else is just being in denial.

like i said put the team on his back in the end to win the game. I mean if you really want to get into it, did you forget how terrible the line was that game?

russell wilson is apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread, second coming of jesus, etc.. its never gonna end with this dude, he is a game manager and everyone outside of seahawk fans realize it, dude had a below average playoff run it is what it is. but he just won a super bowl and they are still trying to argue about it. go out and celebrate dawg why you still on here defending bruno mars brother... if my team had just won the super bowl id be going ape **** for a few days...

so unless he chucks it 40 times he is a game manager? I guess having a high completion percentage and a top YPA mean nothing.

so unless he chucks it 40 times he is a game manager? I guess having a high completion percentage and a top YPA mean nothing.

you are still on here defending him huh? go celebrate bro i know people in seattle are out there getting hammered and your on here... smh

I don't think Russell is a game manager, I do think he has big game / big play potential.

But I don't think he's top 5/10.

That 10-15 range

I think he's handcuffed by Bevell.

i think that's a fair assessment. he has the potential, we just haven't really seen it out of him.

and it's not unfair to see his playoff run was less than stellar.
against the saints a QBR of 25.9.
against the 49ers a QBR 38.9.

can he be better, yes. anyone would be foolish to doubt that. but imo he still hasn't shown it yet. i'd put him closer to 7-12 than 10-15, but it's really semantics

I partied all saturday and sunday. Im good boss

i guess i would just do it differently if my team had won its first super bowl, especially if i lived in the city that team resides. i know damn well they are out there going crazy in seattle, am i right?

Im pretty positive people went home
laugh.gif

obviously genius, but im sure people are out there and having fun today (not as in all night till today)... idk i guess we just do things differently in cali, because when lakers and kings won the nba and nhl title there was mounds of people @ la live getting crunk the whole week after they had won.

Tom Brady was a game manager when the Patriots won all their Super bowls.

Look at Tom Brady's numbers when they actually won anything.

They mirror Russell Wilson's playoff numbers.

Look at Peyton's when he actually won something.

I pray to God my team gets to the point when Stafford can throw for 2 hundred yards 1 touchdown and we win.

Because that's what championship teams consistently have

Last edited:

I pray to God my team gets to the point when Stafford can throw for 2 hundred yards 1 touchdown and we win.

Agree.

It is why the term game manager never bothered me. Generally applied to winning QBs, and as a fan that's all I want

winning games is the most important statistic at the end of the day. there's no style points in the NFL. winning is what matters.

Doing the gunslinging thing might be more exciting.  And I believe a lot of QBs are capable of doing it.  But that doesn't necessarily mean it's what they should be doing.  

It seems like coaches now believe that if your QB can throw 35x a game, that's what you want to aim for.  But it seems like we've seen that fail down the stretch so many times.  

I mean, have we, or have we not said that only about 250 times the last month?

NOW, it's ok? :lol:

I thought for absolute sure, Chester and I have both said, "WE LIKE RUSS", BUUUUUUUUUUT, he has luxuries other QB's do not, HENCE, he gets W's, they do not.

Have we not been sayin that?

Now SneakerPro compares him to early 2000's Tom Brady, and it's cool now? :lol: :lol:

Hawk fans been actin like I called the kid Jarmarcus Russell when I said over and over and over, he really just needs to not screw up, and he's fine. IE fumble on his own 15, and it only costs him a FG. Any other QB does that, and what happens?

Thank you SneakerPro for making it easier to breathe in here. :lol:

all we have ever said was that he wasnt better then luck when being compared to the young qbs of the league. never did i say russ was trash, just stated that he benefits from being on a great team with the all madden secondary.

laugh.gif
  Team Save-A-Luck returns.

Don't see the relevance to the reasonable discussion that was being had.  Maybe you can take it to the Pro Bowl thread?

laugh.gif
  Team Save-A-Luck returns.

Don't see the relevance to the reasonable discussion that was being had.  Maybe you can take it to the Pro Bowl thread?

dont see the relevance? dude thats all the qb discussions have been about a good part of the season but now they are not relevant?

Its funny because everybody said Luck will have a better career than Wilson. All we said is Wilson has had a better career SO FAR
:rofl:

Its funny because everybody said Luck will have a better career than Wilson. All we said is Wilson has had a better career SO FAR
roll.gif

actually it was about how luck has to do more with less and russ has to do less with more... was never about overall careers... im done with this stupid discussion congrats on the super bowl man enjoy it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom