NFL Week 1 In Review...

Refs giving 49ers a free down.
Please.  We converted a 4th down later on in the game against your swiss cheese defense.  No doubt in my mind that we could have done it again...........and again.
Well, that settles it... No doubt in Champ's mind that they woulda done it again...

Except its pretty unlikely that he would have gone for it on 4th and 2 from the 5 or whatever it was.  You know damn well they would have taken 3 points.

Anyways, I'm not blaming the loss on that but the game would have been set on a different path had they called it 4th and 2.  There's absolutely no denying that fact.
I see it like this.  Had your overzealous defender Clay Matthews NOT went for a cheap shot on Kaep as he was running out of bounds and just let off the gas it would have been 4th down and we probably would have went for a field goal.  However, because Clay Matthews wanted to do what he wanted to do instead of putting his team first, he got a penalty for his actions and rightly so.  Which then caused us to score on the very next play.  Simple cause and effect champ.

Last edited:
- Say what you want about Rex as a clown but that man can coach up a football team...that Tampa team is the antithesis of us, loaded with talent all-around but poorly coached. We have half the talent they have and managed to win the game.
- With that being said, I'd be stunned if Schiano/Freeman are there next year, that team is a disaster. The Schiano hire was always puzzling especially after Raheem Morris.
- Geno, him and EJ already competing for the 2nd best QB in the division :pimp:
- That Lions offense is going to be fun to watch, hope Bush is healthy.
- Steelers are cooked, Rothlisberger looks like he's been hit one too many times.
- Peyton really is a gawd.
- Honey Badger, the kid just makes plays.
- Cincinnati runaway train coming back to Earth when they play the NFC. They'll always be limited by the fact that Andy Dalton is just Matt Schaub in a red wig.
- NFC is just going to be a blood bath all-season.
- This is the most well-round Cowboys team I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for some of you guys to realize the difference between him and Eli is really a couple of lucky bounces here and there.

Last edited:
 I see it like this.  Had your overzealous defender Clay Matthews NOT went for a cheap shot on Kaep as he was running out of bounds and just let off the gas it would have been 4th down and we probably would have went for a field goal.  However, because Clay Matthews wanted to do what he wanted to do instead of putting his team first, he got a penalty for his actions and rightly so.  Which then caused us to score on the very next play.  Simple cause and effect champ.
Yeah Clay did something dumb but your boy big Joe retaliated and caught a penalty of his own... Which, by RULE meant that the penalties offset and its 4th and 2.

Not sure how you're not getting that part.
laugh.gif
You can see it however you want but the refs got it wrong and in all likelihood it was a difference of 4 points had it been called correctly.

League:
-Geno getting that GW drive, hopefully saves the fans from having to watch Sanchez at QB this season
-Everbody in the AFC North lost :lol: :smh:
-We got rid of Boldin for no reason, Harbaugh must have owed his brother a favor :smh:
-How in the hell is Gabbert still starting over Henne :x ? I understand trying to put your 1st round QB out there but at some point you gotta do whats best for the team (same goes for Locker..and to a lesser extent Weeden, Bradford, Ponder)

Ravens:
-The final score wasnt a true reflection of that game, it got outta hand quickly after a few mistakes/bad decisions, Broncos do look like the most well rounded team in the AFC tho
-TE's suck, cant trust the Wr's right now either :smh:

Yes let's quote **** we all said about David Wilson having a big year this year after one game. Go read Coughlin and his teammates quotes from after the game. They know they need him and they will go right back to using him next game.

Lavonte David is one of the best young players in the entire league. Dumb *** ref made his name known to the rest of the country for all the wrong reasons.

Josh Freeman :smh:

I said people were under estimating that Jers defense but Freeman :smh:

Dude was sailing passes, throwing into coverage, gonna be a long year for the bucs.

The ending of the jets / Bucs game :lol: :smh:

Jags looking to win 2 games, they need to trade MJD for what ever they can get and be done with it and blow up the team.

Cowboys / Giants :lol: :smh:

No on wanted to win that game.

Wilson :stoneface:

Packers Did well holding up the LOS.

Q :wow: :smokin

Agree with OP on Suh. Dudes a play away from stabbing someone on the field.

Tonight's picks

******** / Texans.

Week one is done :smokin

THE ATLANTA FALCONS

-I love Matt Ryan, thought he was going to end up in a coffin the way our Oline played the second half. He still made plays and put us in a position to win as usual

- The Oline was terrible in the second half..they just seemed gassed after playing well in the first half of the game..we are starting 3 new Oline men so I expect them to get things together soon

-Roddy white...should have not played

-Steven Jackson is gonna be good for us..12 carries for 77 yards

-Our coaches are **** heads..we shouldve been went into hurry up offense. When those blitz were coming..screen plays shouldve been used.

-Julio...that damn fumble cost is big time buddy

-Our cornerbacks are ******g impressive..both rookies did there thing

-Our linebackers with the exception of spoon are trash...the corners played well so guess what Brees did ? Exposed our linebackers..SPECIFICALLY AKEEM DENT

-Our safeties...just had an off game..don't know what to say bout them

-Dline play did improve

Game went to down to the wire..as usual when we play The sAINTS..so I'm not even mad at this lost..our defense did play well enough to hold them to 23 points...I'll blame the Oline for this loss! The Rams are dead next week!

The rest of the league

-I don't understand NFC east football
-EJ looked real
-Kaep looked very good against the packers
-Carolina from 7 is real..too bad that offense isn't
-Seattle is still kind of weak when they don't play at home
-Bucs lost that game

JJs...there's a reason we call Colston the GOAT around here, son :lol:

- tom brady was not letting NE lose that game despite the offense's dumb f***ery
- amendola gutted it out and was MAJOR
- tough weekend for RBs in general outside of a select few
- shotgun and pistol formation taking over the league
- bigger gift to their respective QBs: welker or boldin?
- peyton and the bronco receivers...im scared, dog.
- good for sean payton...nice return
- pittsburgh...will give them a pass for this week, but damn.
- i hope the honey badger keeps his hands clean...love his game
- AFC North swinging and missing
- i told y'all tampa was not going to have a cakewalk
- niners and packers both are going to be a problem for everyone
- glad fitz has a QB again
- raiders aren't getting clowney...no chance
- jaguars are getting clowney
- NFC West is the division to watch out for
- cowboys breaking the jerry world curse last night. good for romo gutting out that game.

- bums of the week: CP's guy lavonte david, stevan ridley, david wilson

Last edited:
49ers
Kap making that progression, couple off throws but still :pimp:
That release is beautiful
Play clock management HAS to improve
Thanks for Boldin, Ravens

Pack is fine, d improved and Lacy looks good
Bucs :lol:
How did the Steelers get that terrible?

Yo JJ.....your Texans defense and Nuk better ball out for me tonight with you talking all this ****

Where to start ... just glad it's football season ...

• #18 ... 7 tds ... enough said ... superbowl victory of bust though
  • AP ... damn i thought he was going to go ham after that first one ... i still jumped out of my seat when he shook dude on the second level
  • AJ green ... am i wrong for continuing to argue that he is a class above julio and other contenders ... there is Mega and Green and everyone else ... btw ...
  • Raiders ... i don't blame Pryor for that int.... should have run McFadden on 1st and goal ... there were still 80 seconds left ... just hated that play call
  • Bills ... EJ ... this isn't the same EJ i've watched drive me crazy at FSU over the years ... happy for the kid ... the bills D was legit was yesterday ... gotta win that game
  • Cap = BEAST ... BOLDIN and VD on the same squad ...
  • Cards ... Fitz makes it look so easy ... competitive yes ... will they win? nah ... damn larry ... go to a contender
  • Lions ... Reggie Bush ... give the guy a chance ... put him in open space and watch him wreak havoc ... Stafford please keep the turnovers low this year ... Mega ... gotta work on the foot and ball control ...

bum(s) of the week ...
David Wilson ... he holds on to the ball well when running but he just looked so small when they kept ripping it from him ...
Giants ... offense, defense, special teams and coaching ...
Steelers ... that was disgusting ...
Mike Wallace ... WRs stay on they diva nonsense ... your time is coming ... would a team really give you $60 mil and not use you ... play decoy and help your team ... ****
SJAX ... that's wha you do when you get on a contender ... drop the game winning TD ...
Cam ... what happened?

Quotes Of The Week
David Wilson....huge season.-Buc Em
I've been seeing a lot of 4th place finishes. Just doesn't make sense IMO. They deserve a little bit more optimism than just that.-Vikings fan who has never seen his QB throw a pass until yesterday apparently.
I think Jennings will start to receive more credit than he was given with Packers due to being labeled as a "System WR"-Packers fan who's still blinded.
Kaepernick gonna come back down to earth.-Buc Em
I'm looking for Wilson to have a multi-highlight game. 100+ yards easily.-Giants fan
I expect Wilson to have a big game against that cowboys defense-kid Texans fan
Giants 34-24
David Wilson 165 2Tds-Giants fan
Agreed with those Wilson numbers.-Buc Em
If the Bucs make the playoffs....Lavonte David.-Buc Em

That's pretty bad, :x. But to give credit where its due he was the first to pretty much call (at least on NT) the Bucs losing which a couple days ago everyone thought was in the bag because it was the Jets. And he was the first to call (on nt) the saints losing to the seahawks in the playoffs when they were 7-9. Good at calling NFC south teams getting upset loss.

Still though, yikes.

Bengals blew that one big time. TOs, penalties, wasting time outs. Don't understand the Dalton hate, he played very well and both of the picks were on AJ Green. Gio Bernard has to get more carries. The split between him and BJGE was 64/36 yesterday, that's unacceptable. 

Steelers are in for a longgg season. (By their standards)

Cowboys tried to give that one away as well. 

Kap 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom