NFL Week 1 In Review...

Also I don't know what kool aid were drinking about the browns but that seems to be poured out now.

- Say what you want about Rex as a clown but that man can coach up a football team...that Tampa team is the antithesis of us, loaded with talent all-around but poorly coached. We have half the talent they have and managed to win the game.
- With that being said, I'd be stunned if Schiano/Freeman are there next year, that team is a disaster. The Schiano hire was always puzzling especially after Raheem Morris.
- Geno, him and EJ already competing for the 2nd best QB in the division :pimp:
- That Lions offense is going to be fun to watch, hope Bush is healthy.
- Steelers are cooked, Rothlisberger looks like he's been hit one too many times.
- Peyton really is a gawd.
- Honey Badger, the kid just makes plays.
- Cincinnati runaway train coming back to Earth when they play the NFC. They'll always be limited by the fact that Andy Dalton is just Matt Schaub in a red wig.
- NFC is just going to be a blood bath all-season.
- This is the most well-round Cowboys team I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for some of you guys to realize the difference between him and Eli is really a couple of lucky bounces here and there.

:rofl:

-Giants looked so sloppy, last night smh. Entertaining game as always with the NFCE. Good win for the Cowboys
- , I predicted that Ponder won't finish the season starting
-This might be the year that Chicago's offense finally clicks.
-Nice start for Andy and KC (Even if it was over the Jags). Dude really looked like the kool-aid man with all that Red on :lol:
-I honestly didn't know there was still doubt about how "Real" Colin Kaepernick is
-Very anxious to see if EJ and Geno can improve after their week 1 performances.

- Cincinnati runaway train coming back to Earth when they play the NFC. They'll always be limited by the fact that Andy Dalton is just Matt Schaub in a red wig.

Aside from the fact that Andy Dalton was 6-2 versus the NFC in his first two years. 
laugh.gif
 Group think is crazy.

If the Bucs make the playoffs....Lavonte David.-Buc Em

Couldn't have worked out better :rofl:

Geno Smith surprised me. Didn't seem rattled at the fact that he had to hurry up and drive down the field; seemed a bit poised. Not discrediting Sanchez's game-winning drives, but I think it's safe to say the Sanchez era might be on its way out. Geno's gotta just be a game manager and hope the D plays like they did yesterday, outstanding other than the late, typical Jets collapse.

View media item 571297
Folk is money :pimp: .

Couldn't have worked out better :rofl:

Geno Smith surprised me. Didn't seem rattled at the fact that he had to hurry up and drive down the field; seemed a bit poised. Not discrediting Sanchez's game-winning drives, but I think it's safe to say the Sanchez era might be on its way out. Geno's gotta just be a game manager and hope the D plays like they did yesterday, outstanding other than the late, typical Jets collapse.

View media item 571297
Folk is money :pimp: .

:rofl: Your team still blows

Yes let's quote **** we all said about David Wilson having a big year this year after one game. Go read Coughlin and his teammates quotes from after the game. They know they need him and they will go right back to using him next game.

Lavonte David is one of the best young players in the entire league. Dumb *** ref made his name known to the rest of the country for all the wrong reasons.

The fact you still won't admit it was an idiotic play by David is comical. HE put the game in the ref's hands.

.gif just in case no one has seen it...

geno-smith-late-hit.gif

*edit*

If V-Jax had speed, game is a wrap. Homie got chased down by a LB.

Last edited:
:rofl: Your team still blows

Never said we didn't :lol: . Our D is not our problem, especially the line. I recognize we lack on the offensive side of the ball. However, if Geno can manage the ball and continue plays like the "short yard dumps" to the middle of the field, and eat the chains, things can go in our favor.

Thursday night is gonna be rough, can't say I expect to beat NE, but I've seen weirder things happen...

Anyone who blamed panthers loss on cam. Or says he looks like ship is a liar or sidnt watch the game. Cam was balling and had nothing to do with deangelo Williams fumbling inside the 10 on the potential game winning drive

*Roger mayweather* Most people don't know **** about football.

Young GZ

coach Schottenhiemer got to go Already.
Robert Quinn is out of this world good.
jared Cook is a walking mismatch

i knew Luke kuechly was very good but he's on some other **** :nthat:

Cortland Finnegan needs his as whupped again

reggie bush take off is still insane. He sure can't hold that top end for long tho.

Steels didn't dress.thru back up center wow and pounced done for the yr early. Footed out. Bell out 4 more weeks, they could be done

Last edited:
Says the Dolphins fan :rofl:

Statistically in the regular season, Romo actually has a far superior passer rating. The Giants have never been a juggernaut so you're acting like I'm saying Romo is Brady/Rodgers/Peyton. They are similar QB's with a pension for making bad mistakes at times (ie that horrible screen pass to a 3rd string RB to seal the game last night). Those Giants teams barely made the playoffs the year they won the SB. And in many of those games (ie Tyree catch/Asante int drop) they nearly lost the game and the narrative would be vastly different at this point.

People overrate playoff success so much. Jake Delhomme was nearly a Super Bowl MVP and Jeff Hostetler is a Super Bowl MVP. ****, Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP right now. Super Bowl's are not the best measure of QB success like you guys consistently hold it up to be.

And Takeover, call it group think, but I just don't see it with Andy Dalton. Not a bad QB by any means, I just don't think he is the guy you want under center with the way the QB position is evolving in the NFL.

Two things:

1. Why do people :wow: at Andrew Luck's athletic ability? If you watched him at Stanford, you should know that he can move EXTREMELY well for a guy his size. To put things in perspective, his combine #'s were very similar to Cam Newton's.

My favorite Andrew Luck @ Stanford video:

:pimp:

Rest of the week:
  • So happy the Packers lost.... again. For the last few years, we've had to listen to this fanbase drool and spit all over itself as it babbles on about their receivers (James Jones is a top-five third receiver in the end zone), coach, GM, and everything under the sun. They've even posted stats like "highest percentage in the 4th quarter when up by two scores against a home team in a dome" to show that Aaron Rodgers is 'the GOAT.' Well, y'all can go ice fishing or whatever the hell else y'all do up in Green Bay because the NFC is locked up.
  • Peyton.
  • Quan.
  • Arizona's defense is filthy.
  • Rams are going to be scary good in a short amount of time.
  • Told y'all Reggie was gonna ball out.
  • Carolina's LB core is fun as **** to watch.
  • Andrew Luck da gawd.

Football is back. No more MLB ******** on my TV... :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
^ No, Cam Newton doesn't look good. I don't care if they win or lose that game. He's not living up to the hype. His leadership and focus has been questioned mad times. I think he prefers the spotlight more than football.

Brandon Weeden may in fact be the worst QB in the league.

Whether he is 30 years old, 20, 10, 5 he still would suck.

What a pitiful performance.

How many of Weeden's interception were.tipped off his own Wrs?

"He doesn't look good". U guys watch too much 1st take. Cam Newton looked Good in that game. Clearly you didn't watch the game.

S/o Russellmania too :nthat:

Greg Olson had 3 drops in The 1st quarter alone.

Last edited:
Seattle:

-Worried about our O-Line play today.  Carolina has a great front-7, but Russell was running for his life all day, and we barely opened any holes for RBs.

-A little disappointed Michael didn't get any burn.  Guess he can't block yet.

-Russell was great.  Baldwin was great.  Receiving core looks strong with our without Percy.

-Can't say this win gives me huge confidence with the 49ers coming next week, but it's nice to get a 10AM victory on the road against a decent squad.

-Our defense is still the best in football.  Even missing Browner, Avril, Irvin, Clemons...

Everyone else:

-AJ remains great.  Bengals will be fine after that loss, they looked best out of the AFC North losers.

-Pittsburgh looks bad, and I love it.  I just hope this isn't a Colts-like year where they tank badly enough to get the #1 pick and are right back at it next year.

-EJ Manuel looked awesome on those two touchdown throws- dude just looks like an NFL QB, has that calm leadership thing down.  Geno didn't look that great, but they did win- things people saying about him remind me of what people said about Sanchez when he was winning games.

-Reggie Bush DAMN

-Yeah, 9ers looked very good.  But they always look good against Green Bay.  Next week will be tougher...  Fingers crossed

-Jags historically awful.  Raiders playing with serious heart out there.

-Cowboys win in game 1 expected.  They did not look good out there.  Giants looked worse but it's hard to know with them.

-Liked what I saw from Carson and Bruce Arians.  That team will be fun to watch.

Chester McFloppy said:
•So happy the Packers lost.... again. For the last few years, we've had to listen to this fanbase drool and spit all over itself as it babbles on about their receivers (James Jones is a top-five third receiver in the end zone), coach, GM, and everything under the sun. They've even posted stats like "highest percentage in the 4th quarter when up by two scores against a home team in a dome" to show that Aaron Rodgers is 'the GOAT.' Well, y'all can go ice fishing or whatever the hell else y'all do up in Green Bay because the NFC is locked up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though....if Doug Martin took that **** back for a TD on that kickoff that would have been the most insane ending of all-time. My head would have exploded.

Says the Dolphins fan :rofl:

Statistically in the regular season, Romo actually has a far superior passer rating. The Giants have never been a juggernaut so you're acting like I'm saying Romo is Brady/Rodgers/Peyton. They are similar QB's with a pension for making bad mistakes at times (ie that horrible screen pass to a 3rd string RB to seal the game last night). Those Giants teams barely made the playoffs the year they won the SB. And in many of those games (ie Tyree catch/Asante int drop) they nearly lost the game and the narrative would be vastly different at this point.

People overrate playoff success so much. Jake Delhomme was nearly a Super Bowl MVP and Jeff Hostetler is a Super Bowl MVP. ****, Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP right now. Super Bowl's are not the best measure of QB success like you guys consistently hold it up to be.

And Takeover, call it group think, but I just don't see it with Andy Dalton. Not a bad QB by any means, I just don't think he is the guy you want under center with the way the QB position is evolving in the NFL.

To Flacco's credit, it wasn't just him winning the SB MVP, or just being a one-game flash in the pan. His post season run last year was arguably one of the best in NFL history.

So happy the Packers lost.... again. For the last few years, we've had to listen to this fanbase drool and spit all over itself as it babbles on about their receivers (James Jones is a top-five third receiver in the end zone), coach, GM, and everything under the sun. They've even posted stats like "highest percentage in the 4th quarter when up by two scores against a home team in a dome" to show that Aaron Rodgers is 'the GOAT.' Well, y'all can go ice fishing or whatever the hell else y'all do up in Green Bay because the NFC is locked up.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...GM2YjzPWMMwq7ppjvl1jg0eA&ust=1378826932631358

You know yesterday was the first game of the year, right?

49ers do seem to have the Packer's number though.  Bad matchup for you guys.

Now, as far as the NFC being sewn up, I think you might be getting ahead of yourself there champ.

Back
Top Bottom