NFL Week 12 In Review...

Not ones getting as much hype as the packers are

Well no one is playing as good as the Pack other than the Patriots.

Aside from the Vikings game, no other team has even came close. Complete blowouts. Broncos have been struggling, Seahawks and Niners are winning but haven't looked good, Colts are up and down as well.

Well no one is playing as good as the Pack other than the Patriots.

Aside from the Vikings game, no other team has even came close. Complete blowouts. Broncos have been struggling, Seahawks and Niners are winning but haven't looked good, Colts are up and down as well.
Lots of teams look good against cupcake schedules.  The Packers have a cupcake schedule.  It's similar to the way the Colts were held up earlier this season before we realized they're just a team that blows out bad teams.

I agree the 49ers and Seahawks haven't looked great, but they have extremely hard schedules.  That's the way it breaks down.

I'm still not sold on Green Bay, however, they're gaining a lot of momentum and confidence right now. I think it'll take a team that can control the ball in order to have the best chance at beating GB. It's obviously not wise to get into a shootout with Rodgers. I think Seattle, SF and Dallas would have the best chances against the Packers.

I think Green Bay gets exposed come playoff time but as long as Rodgers is there...they always have a chance

COLTS:

we own the afc south :lol:
the oline is hot grabage
cribbs still got it :smokin the only reason luck didnt throw for 300 (again) is because cribbs set him up with great field position all game!
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY :smokin

NFL:
miami let me down... smh. D THOMAS didnt even spit on it before he put it in yall
patriots are good... really ****** good (pains me to say this)
odells catch was alright... im jk **** was off the chain son!!!
texans lost!!
AZ got housed by seattle

NFL THANKSGIVING > nba christmas

They're doing what they are supposed to do, it just doesn't make it impressive.

Eagles with Mark Sanchez doesn't impress me, and Miami essentially blew that game, while being a team that isn't going to make the playoffs.

I'm a big fan of a-rod he's the goods, but quite frankly this is two teams with amazing offense, however NE's defense has gotten better & better by the week & Hoody knows how to take away your best options their isn't gonna be many of those big plays down the field.

laugh.gif
 Okay.  So instead of calling them overrated then why don't you say the jury is still out instead?

This ain't CFB where teams pick their cupcakes to beat up on.  Packers are handling business vs those put in front of them.  I know that doesn't impress you but that's all they can control.

no need to defend your squad til you're blue in the face, fraji. just let our respective teams duke it out on sunday and then we can draw conclusions thereafter. *pats your back* how's that sound?

laugh.gif
but seriously, sometimes its like whats the point. people see what they want to see, draw their own conclusions, all that....but it bodes well for your argument if the pack beats the pats but yeah, no let's hope not.
grin.gif

yeah i see no issue with the packers being favored at home. it's the two teams playing the best right now. GB at home where they have quite the homefield advantage similar to NE in foxboro.

laugh.gif
 Okay.  So instead of calling them overrated then why don't you say the jury is still out instead?

This ain't CFB where teams pick their cupcakes to beat up on.  Packers are handling business vs those put in front of them.  I know that doesn't impress you but that's all they can control.
Well it depends who's doing the rating.  I've heard them described as Super Bowl favorites or an elite team in some places (Grantland Podcast and Around the League are both all over them) because of these victories, and for that reason I think they are overrated.

I agree with you that the jury is still out...  I didn't say they are bad or average.

and as far as The Broncos.... if Peyton doesn't get homefield he's done in the second game. although i rather him last & have to come into foxboro :evil:.

Last year we had injuries all over the field, and lost our only good corner during the game, & all in all had a shot at victory. If we play them in Foxboro i fully expect him to have a game reminiscent of the Ty Law slaughter he faced.

no need to defend your squad til you're blue in the face, fraji. just let our respective teams duke it out on sunday and then we can draw conclusions thereafter. *pats your back* how's that sound?

laugh.gif
but seriously, sometimes its like whats the point. people see what they want to see, draw their own conclusions, all that....but it bodes well for your argument if the pack beats the pats but yeah, no let's hope not.
grin.gif
I'm fine with where the teams at... I was excited as hell to play a legit team like the Eagles, excited for Pats game as well.

Just annoys me that the schedule card gets played even though the Packers have bodied all of the cupcakes put in front of them.

Rodgers has been on the sideline with clipboard and headset calling plays for Flynn at least 3-4 times so far this year in the 4th quarter. 

I want nothing more than to beat the Patriots though. 
sick.gif
 Losing this game would be worse to me than dropping the Vikes game last week. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
you can only play who they put on your schedule. every year i have to listen to people ***** and moan about a cupcake pats schedule :lol:

yeah i see no issue with the packers being favored at home. it's the two teams playing the best right now. GB at home where they have quite the homefield advantage similar to NE in foxboro.
Exactly, dude acting like it's absurd that they're favored by -3. It's a pick em game. Not shocking that vegas sees them as even at Lambeau, where GB usually wins. 

I went with Packers and Broncos as a Super Bowl pick I think? I feel far less confident about it than I did before the season, but somewhat more confident because since the season began nobody has taken advantage of a down league and GB/DEN are the least flawed of the bunch I'd say? Strange season.

It's going to be a year for match-ups more than any other year. There are maybe 1-2 teams in the NFC that would have a shot at beating the Packers, Lions and Cowboys. There are only about 1-2 teams the Lions could beat in the playoffs too. Would be an interesting matchup if the Lions sneak in and get to Rd. 2.

Strange year.

Last edited:
and as far as The Broncos.... if Peyton doesn't get homefield he's done in the second game. although i rather him last & have to come into foxboro :evil:.

Last year we had injuries all over the field, and lost our only good corner during the game, & all in all had a shot at victory. If we play them in Foxboro i fully expect him to have a game reminiscent of the Ty Law slaughter he faced.

No way he has a Ty Law type massacre in Foxboro :rofl:. I think the defense and run game carries Peyton come that game, if he even makes it.

Or my dude might 1 and done it.

What do I know

Last edited:
I went with Packers and Broncos as a Super Bowl pick I think? I feel far less confident about it than I did before the season, but somewhat more confident because since the season began nobody has taken advantage of a down league and GB/DEN are the least flawed of the bunch I'd say? Strange season.

It's going to be a year for match-ups more than any other year. There are maybe 1-2 teams in the NFC that would have a shot at beating the Packers, Lions and Cowboys. There are only about 1-2 teams the Lions could beat in the playoffs too. Would be an interesting matchup if the Lions sneak in and get to Rd. 2.

Strange year.
Packers wins:  Jets, Bears 2x, Vikings 2x, Panthers, Dolphins, Eagles

Packers losses:  Seahawks, Lions, Saints

"You only can beat who you play" is fine, but you could make the case that they've beaten only one good team and one average team.

They've lost to the two other good teams they've played (badly).  They've beaten 3 HORRIBLE teams and 3 bad teams.  

If destroying horrible teams in your division was meaningful, the Colts wouldn't get rocked in the first round every year.  All I'm saying.  

Now if they can beat the Pats and the Lions, that would mean something to me.

Rest of what they have left is Falcons, Bills, Bucs 
sick.gif

So I'm not seeing where anything puts them ahead of anyone else in the NFC.  As far as I am concerned they have shown nothing.  They are a complete enigma.  

Patriots game will be huge. Beating the Lions don't prove nothing :lol:

Last edited:
Patriots game will be huge. Beating the Lions don't prove nothing
laugh.gif
It does if you couldn't beat them the first time though.

I mean I think the Lions are good.  First round loss good at best, but good.  Maybe even with the Packers, maybe worse, hard to know at this point.

Last edited:
Packers wins:  Jets, Bears 2x, Vikings 2x, Panthers, Dolphins, Eagles

Packers losses:  Seahawks, Lions, Saints

"You only can beat who you play" is fine, but you could make the case that they've beaten only one good team and one average team.

They've lost to the two other good teams they've played (badly).  They've beaten 3 HORRIBLE teams and 3 bad teams.  

If destroying horrible teams in your division was meaningful, the Colts wouldn't get rocked in the first round every year.  All I'm saying.  

Now if they can beat the Pats and the Lions, that would mean something to me.

Rest of what they have left is Falcons, Bills, Bucs :x

So I'm not seeing where anything puts them ahead of anyone else in the NFC.  As far as I am concerned they have shown nothing.  They are a complete enigma.  

taking shots at the colts for no reason... smh

you can only play who they put on your schedule. every year i have to listen to people ***** and moan about a cupcake pats schedule :lol:

Yep. And then the moment they suffer a loss

"SEE! SEE! SEE! They lost to a good team!" So now those 9 games they won in a row are suddenly meaningless, and then the term 'fraud' is interjected at some point shortly after.

The irony of what you stated though is that the Patriots actually end up playing the division winning teams every season since they finish as the division winner every year as well.

When you actually break down and analyze it, NT ends up contradicting themselves week after week because they'll state team 'X' is overrated, and then team 'Y' is a fraud, but then come back and say 'team Z' is good not realizing that the only team with a winning record they might have beaten was team 'Y" which was already established as a 'fraud.'

Note: This was not directed at you 10027 but in general, there are terms that are used too loosely. But by now, everyone should be used to it.

It's also interesting that people threw teams like Seattle in the bushes in week 6 with all the alleged "implosions" taking place with Marshawn, Percy, etc, and Pete Carol has them 1 game behind first place in the division.

With all that being said, there's still a ton of football left to be played.

The real frauds of the NFL play in Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom