NFL Week 14 In Review...

It's an absolute joke that Lavonte David's name isn't on anybody's Defensive Player of the Year lists. Better numbers than Kuechly at every single category. Dude is amazing. One of the best defensive players in the entire league regardless of position IMO.

He's now one of only four players in NFL history (and the only LB) to have 6 sacks and 5 interceptions in the same year.
:lol: at how right after this post you changed your avy.

The integrity of the Super Bowl?

Playing indoors would actually be taking away the integrity of the Super Bowl and it's grass roots

Clown
Totally disagree with this.  No one wants to see a Superbowl that is played differently than pretty much every other game played in the given season. 

Playing indoors would actually be taking away the integrity of the Super Bowl and it's grass roots

No one cares about rain or slight snow.

A game where the two best teams play and they can't even kick extra points is taking it back to it's grass roots? LOL. You sound foolish.

Miami:
-Sometimes you need a little luck in this league, this week we got it with Brown stepping out after he was gone for the TD.
-Still in the Wildcard hunt. Minny almost pulled the upset against B-More, I'm not too worried though, their remaining schedule is rough.
-Feel bad for Gronk, but I'm not going to sit here and front like it doesn't help the Fins against the Pats next week.

Rest of the League:
-Truth be told, I really don't give a ****.

when romo throws a pick, giants fans LOL at him even though they're not all his fault.
cowboys fan respond by LOLing at eli when he throws picks in similar fashion.

same excuses by both sides too. "______ is having to do everything, we have no run game /offensive line/defense stinks. _________ can't do it all by himself"

*shrugs*

Thanks dog. For understanding lol.

Take this Rep.

Raiders - just lose & hope off season treat us good fa wise & the draft.

Ravens-Vikings gm is prob the best 4th quarter I've watched this season. And Joe seem better w/pitta back

Jags- good win streak. Have a feeling this tm win hv a good def nxt yr

Bucs- good defensive play within the last few wks & Rainey s a beast

Texans- glad y'all finally cleaning house

Dead skins - fire shananan already. Y'all a joke & he ruined rg3

Eagles- shady :x & chip Kelly looking like a genius with his offense. Hope u guys win NFC east

Browns- Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron & defense is good. Hope you guys finda qb since u guys hv potential

Get well gronk & honey badger

No one cares about rain or slight snow.

A game where the two best teams play and they can't even kick extra points is taking it back to it's grass roots? LOL. You sound foolish.

Is snow and sleet not how the game was originally played back when? Yeah thought so

Should we start playing playoff games in neutral domes too?

If it snows in NJ then it snows, weather has always been the great equalizer in football

the Superbowl should not be played indoors. you want a site less inclined to be hit with a blizzard, sure i get that. but **** that dome crap. the game should be outside and subject to any random weather occurrences that may occur.

That's the whole point tho. Nobody wants an "equalizer".

We want everyone at 100% running as fast as they can, cutting as sharp as they can, etc.

Imagine if the broncos and saints make the bowl nd two of the highest scoring fastest paced offenses in football are reduced to running every down nd not kicking field goals.

Takes away from the game if yu ask me.

I'm all for games in the elements. But not The biggest game of the year.

the passing game is actually helped by snow on the field…there's no lack of offense in the snow. it's defenses that are crippled in it. IMO

pats v tenn, pats v chicago come to mind right away for me.

Last edited:
55-0 pats vs titans.

35-7 pats vs bears.

The patriots score but no one else. Lol. I see what u did there.

Last edited:
Weather is more apart of football than any other sport. And I like it like that. Snow, rain, wind, whatever the case you have to play through. 

Eagles:

Chip Kelly, coach of the year if this team wins the east

Shady McCoy :pimp:

Best win Ive seen from Philly since Miracle in the Meadowlands part 2

Great mid game adjustments and ball security especially in these conditions... 2 things that were non existent these last few years

Rest of NFL:

Pats-Somehow managing to pull off these wins.... never can count out Brady & Bill but I don't see this as a SB team.

Skins- LMAAOOOOOOO continuing to be a complete joke of a franchise

Giants-Elite Eli.  Eli Prayer/miracle throws all used up

Broncos- Still best in the AFC

Niners- Big win, still can't see them beating Seattle on the road & offense still looks mediocre at times

Josh Gordon is a monster

Feel bad for AP if its serious... although id be glad if Philly doesn't see him this week

Minnesota/Baltimore-Craziest ending to a game ever

Best NFL Sunday in a long time yesterday

Last edited:
55-0 pats vs titans.

35-7 pats vs bears.

The patriots score but no one else. Lol. I see what u did there.

:lol:

i mean my point was, prolific passing offenses typically aren't hampered in the snow. you can totally take advantage of DB's slipping and sliding since their game is more reactionary. so if you want to see high passing yards from denver and new orleans…snow won't ruin the day :lol:

IMO the Superbowl should be played indoors and warm weather city's only. Being from the east coast I don't mind the snow, as a kid playing football in the snow was fun and watching some of these snow games is fun too but the the Superbowl is supposed to be at a neutral site. That "Football should be played in the cold" talk sounds good but I'm not tryna watch a team struggle cuz they're not used to playing in those conditions.

IMO the Superbowl should be played indoors and warm weather city's only. Being from the east coast I don't mind the snow, as a kid playing football in the snow was fun and watching some of these snow games is fun too but the the Superbowl is supposed to be at a neutral site. That "Football should be played in the cold" talk sounds good but I'm not tryna watch a team struggle cuz they're not used to playing in those conditions.
Yea a couple cold weather 14-9 Super Bowls will have the fans crying for domes and warm weather real quick

Yea a couple cold weather 14-9 Super Bowls will have the fans crying for domes and warm weather real quick

54 points were scored in that offense hindering game that was referenced for why a Superbowl should be in a dome

People really wrote the book too early on Chip Kelly, they were so ready to call his offense a fad/gimmick

People really wrote the book too early on Chip Kelly, they were so ready to call his offense a fad/gimmick

That's cause most people don't know what they are talking about, Chip has changed his offense multiple times as a head coach he's not attached to the spread zone read.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-hire-of-chip-kelly-could-be-nfls-worst-ever

[h1]Philadelphia Eagles' hire of Chip Kelly could be NFL's worst ever[/h1]
  • 0ap1000000057809.jpg
  • By Heath Evans
  • NFL Media analyst
  • Published: Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:45 p.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 16, 2013 at 02:46 p.m.
  • 999+ Likes  |  585 Comments

Now that the Philadelphia Eagles  have reeled in perhaps the biggest fish on the coaching market, I am going on the record calling Chip Kelly one of the worst hires in pro football history.
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Kelly hired as Eagles coach
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
More:  
» Eagles make offer Kelly can't refuse  
» Rosenthal: How the Eagles landed Kelly  
» Schein: Kelly saves Eagles in one fell swoop  
» Debate: Was Kelly the best coaching hire?  
» Evans: Kelly hire could be worst in NFL history  
» Rosenthal: Will Vick fit as Kelly's QB?  
» Oregon recruit: Kelly 'at my house two days ago'  
» Photo essay: College coaches in NFL  
Video:  
» Can Kelly's offense work in the NFL?  
» Jenkins impressed with Kelly's accomplishments[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Yes, worse than Steve Spurrier, the old ball coach who is one of college football's top offensive minds ever but who failed miserably in the NFL, going 12-20 in two seasons with the Washington ******** (2002-03). Kelly, too, is a dynamic college head coach, but what he's about to bring to the NFL simply won't work. Here are three reasons why:

1. No recruiting advantage

For the past four years, Kelly had the biggest recruiting advantage ever known to a college coach. His name is Phil Knight, the CEO of Nike and a major University of Oregon donor and school alumnus who pumps millions of dollars into the football program each year. Despite the enormous benefits of this relationship, Kelly never brought a BCS title to Eugene.

In four years with the Ducks, he had a 46-7 record but never finished higher than third in the polls, including 2010 when he lost to Auburn in the BCS National Championship Game. In the NFL, you don't get 10 first-round picks, and in Philly, the league's best free agents aren't lining up to join the Eagles.

2. Out-coached by Stanford

Nearly two months ago, Stanford beat Oregon 17-14 to ruin the Ducks' hopes for a perfect season. Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason had 20 working hours that week (mandated by the NCAA, which includes practice, weightlifting, and meetings) to prepare for this so-called NFL-ready offense, and he held them to two touchdowns, 4-of-17 on third down, 0-for-2 on fourth down, and forced a turnover.

I love the discipline and structure that Jim Harbaugh  installed at Stanford and that current head coach David Shaw and Mason have continued. And they've done it with much less athletic players than what Kelly had at Oregon. If Kelly's high-powered offense could only manage 14 points against Stanford, how will this offense work in the NFL, where all teams -- more or less -- are on equal footing?

3. QBs exposed to injuries

If we've learned one thing this season in the NFL, it's that you can't expose your franchise quarterback to vicious and violent hits. I'm sure the RG3phenomenon is adding to the Chip Kelly hype but Robert Griffin III  was knocked out of a game three times -- once by concussion, once from a brutal hit fromBaltimore Ravens  nose tackle Haloti Ngata, and a final time in the playoffs that required surgery and puts his NFL future in jeopardy.

Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota carried the ball 106 times in 13 games for Kelly this season. Overall, Oregon quarterbacks have rushed the ball 464 times in Kelly's four seasons with the Ducks. I'm not sure he can maintain that in the NFL against much bigger, quicker and faster defensive players without losing a quarterback -- be it Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Geno Smith or anyone else -- to injury for a significant amount of time.

The game is constantly changing in small ways, but the basis of championship football will always be physical and mental toughness in the NFL, not gadget offensive schemes. When Kelly and his Oregon squads faced physically tough and defensively sound teams, they did not fare well.

Sure, Oregon kept it close against Auburn in the 2010 title game, and the Ducks didn't do so badly against LSU in 2011 either. But "keeping it close" and "not so bad" will only get you one thing in the NFL: fired.

Heath Evans is an analyst on NFL Network's "Total Access."

Back
Top Bottom