NFL week 5 week in review: Shoes requested it & has QOTW locked & loaded

Cam
AJ Green

pimp.gif

Discuss...

-Someone tell Patrick Peterson and the rest of the Cards secondary that it's OK to try to tackle...

-That blunder before the end of the first half in the Eagles game perfectly sums up how Vick ain't the smartest dude out there and how Andy Reid sucks at playcalling.

-At some point folks here on NT gotta give the Bills credit. Quit using the word "lucky."

-Mike Jenkins...any other WR, u might have had the upper hand....but Steve Smith ain't any other WR
laugh.gif

-Speaking of Smith, did yall catch his vert on that TD pass???

-Congrats to Tony Romo for not having any pick 6s yesterday. He played well.

-Carlos Rogers...hands???!!!??? The #+%#?
laugh.gif

-Matt Schaub panicked.

-Out of curiosity, how often is Revis penalized? We go in on Woodson for the !%@! that he gets away with....Revis is cut from the same cloth. He gets away w. murder.

-Cedric Benson w. a workman-like effort......
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

-Cam Newton w. the strongest arm in the L???

Texans
-This is why they can't be taken seriously
-Our special team really sucked yestrerday
-Schaub...
indifferent.gif

-And we lost Mario for the season appartently

NFL
-Eagles, so damn disappointing
-Packers still the best team
-Matt Ryan can't be called Matty Ice for some time, if ever
-I'm surprised by the 49ers and their start
-How do you lose to the Seahawks, c'mon Giants
-Jets are still struggling, I wonder if they can turn it around
-Cam
pimp.gif
, the guy just keeps proving people wrong
-Everyone thought the Bengals would be awful, I still think they'll finish with a losing record. But they might have something in Dalton
-San Diego has a winning record but they just haven't looked impressive. All that matters is wins though, and they usually start slow but not this year
-Minnesota finally held on to a lead

* prays this reply even goes through

NYG:

- NYG game was hard to watch, they sleep walked for 3  1/2 quarters and still should have won, something about playing at home
sick.gif

- Cruz with the catch of the week, was nuts. (sucks he slipped on that final drive, would have been another 4th quarter comeback for Eli and an ugly WIN). Eli is the reason we have been winning.

- NYG defense gives up big plays but have made important stops when it matters most, yesterday was no exception (except the last drive)

- O Line played awful most of the game, had good spurts during NYG scoringdrives, they will be up and down all year.

- Again....run defense looks very soft without Tuck out there.

- Did not know the Giants had the best red zone offense until yesterday

- Eli has a 139 QB rating in the 4th quarter, surprised he has played the best QB out of everyone in the division.

- Gilbride went back to his slow it down offense again, he needs to stick with what worked the past 3 games.

- Fewell (d coordinator) is the worst in the entire NFL at making IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS, did not see one single blitz on 3rd down until the start of the 4th quarter.
- Like I said, Vick never makes the best decisions, people want to blame Red Zone ALL ON REID. Both arenumskulls.
- Bills have been lucky the past few weeks, but you cannot deny how hard they play especially on the defensive end.

- This week's picks have been difficult, I think I only got 5-6 games correct (gave the Eagles the benefit of the doubt, Jets as well)
sick.gif

- Told ya'll Steelers would win, everyone quick to write them off.

- Bears win today

This was pretty cool.

Cowboys(and ********...) won
Even though they were held to 30 points.... Patriots offensive looks even more dangerous if green-ellis runs like that every week
Dolphins didn't lose this week
lolEagles
Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers
Tebow almost won them that game, and refs could(should) have easily called PI on that last play
Bills Lions and 49ers all surprise early year top teams and don't seem to be slowing down. I think 49ers have already won their division
CJ 3 TDs tomorrow

-Props to Mike Vick for passing Randall Cunningham for mostQB rushing yards in NFL history
pimp.gif

-Speaking of, he was getting absolutely drilled on some of those INTs. He canobviously escape pressure, but I wish the Eagles O-Line would allow him tostand flat-footed once in a while.

-Vikings pick up the W, you get up 28 in the first quarter against a %%@@@$offensive team like the Cardinals... there's no way THAT lead would disappear.

-Bills... three straight games with a INT returned for a touchdown
glasses.gif

-Chris Cook did a great job on Calvin Johnson a couple weeks ago.... now hecontained Larry Fitzgerald. I'm likin what I see.

-Hue Jackson crying after the win on the sideline.
tired.gif
I'm really starting to become a fanof his.

-Jared Allen... what a goddamn beast.

-Curtis Painter doesn't look all bad. Fool's silver, though.

-How did Lawrence Vickers not catch that screen???! How?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

-Devin Aromashodu needs to send flowers to the family of the camera man heflattened. RIP.

-Heyward-Bey having a good game in the wake of Al Davis' death.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

-Matt Schaub's game-ending interception.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

-Steve Smith punking Malcolm Jenkins
laugh.gif

Top 5

1. Packers

2. Patriots

3. Ravens

4. Saints

5. Chargers

Originally Posted by JPZx

-Chris Cook did a great job on Calvin Johnson a couple weeks ago.... now hecontained Larry Fitzgerald. I'm likin what I see.

How is 2TDs and Megatrons only 100 yard game this year a great job?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

wes welker...discuss

How he had an all expenses paid trip to Revis Island?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

-Out of curiosity, how often is Revis penalized? We go in on Woodson for the !%@! that he gets away with....Revis is cut from the same cloth. He gets away w. murder.

Revis getting away with murder? He never gets penalized. Yesterday was a +$$*!*%% exception, probably because it was against Welker/NE.

He doesn't get away from murder because there is no murder being committed. He's just that good of a CB.

-49ers are playing extremely well.
pimp.gif
It's clear that coaching makes a HUGE difference. Alex Smith has looked like a much better QB so far, and it seems like everyone is buying into what Harbaugh wants.
-Aaron Rodgers killing it.
-

-Cruz's catch
eek.gif

-Cam
sick.gif
That throw at the end of the game too
eek.gif

-It's time for Tebow to start... They're already playing bad, plus the energy he brought to the game was impressive
-Good to see the Raiders pull off that W with all that's gone on for them this week
-Impressive FG's by Janikowski
-Peterson in that 1st quarter
sick.gif

-Congrats to Vick on the rushing record

roll.gif
@ Smitty. Dude went WWE psych up head pound before gettin after Malcom Jenkins aka Lil Youngsta.

Falcons playcalling was cute in the first half and they got up a little but they got dominated after the half.
Glad Aaron was able to prove some of the people who say he cant come from behind wrong.
101 Career TD's now
pimp.gif
101 Career QB Rating
pimp.gif
Public better be prepared for some big time Media slurpage... I wonder if hell get the Favre treatment because of it.
laugh.gif

James Jones starting to earn his contract...

Raiders
pimp.gif

Adrian Peterson was a SAVAGE yesterday
eek.gif
... Patrick Peterson wanted none of it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

roll.gif
@ Smitty. Dude went WWE psych up head pound before gettin after Malcom Jenkins aka Lil Youngsta.

Falcons playcalling was cute in the first half and they got up a little but they got dominated after the half.
Glad Aaron was able to prove some of the people who say he cant come from behind wrong.
101 Career TD's now
pimp.gif
101 Career QB Rating
pimp.gif
Public better be prepared for some big time Media slurpage... I wonder if hell get the Favre treatment because of it.
laugh.gif

James Jones starting to earn his contract...

Raiders
pimp.gif

Adrian Peterson was a SAVAGE yesterday
eek.gif
... Patrick Peterson wanted none of it.
laugh.gif

Saw him in a State Farm commercial yesterday....

colts- 
indifferent.gif

other:

laugh.gif
 at matt cotton swab

30t6p3b.gif
 Vick with 4 ints

will ferrell went HAM on the titans

is ocho just there to ride the wave, or they just not playin him?

kyle orton, take a seat

hue jackson's kneel down moment was deep...u can tell that win meant alot to him and the organization...RIP Al   

First off, Yuku is POOR as hell

Eagles
- it's a damn shame how Eagles fans all over been BEGGING for these changes on defense and when they FINALLY started blitzing, playing man coverage in the second half we mounted a comeback, Castillo has got to go man
30t6p3b.gif

- Vick and Reid are complete idiots for that last throw in the first half. Why even run a play there? Let alone with ONLY two receivers going out
laugh.gif

- O-Line still garbage, I don't know if I could solely blame Vick for those picks. Woulda happened to any QB who gets clocked while throwing, Bills made great plays though
- without Vick we don't even make a comeback in that game. Dude NEEDS to run more, stop putting faith in this terrible O-Line
- TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL!!! (SIG CHECK!) The ONLY CB in the league CONSISTENTLY playing 10 yards off coverage on a 3rd and 3!
- cut Jarod Paige, dude can't wrap up to save his life. what does Jaiquan Jarrett have to do to get some PT?
-
indifferent.gif
at Juqua Parker jumping offsides, it can't possibly be that hard to just sit still
- once again, next week is a must win
30t6p3b.gif
. We kill ourselves every week with mistakes, once we play fundamentally sound we can win

Everyone Else
- San Fran put the BEATS to the Bucs. My God! The defense has been incredible, how the hell did they lose to Dallas? Bad break for Morgan though, why were they still throwing the ball anyway?
30t6p3b.gif

- Patrick Peterson is getting exposed weekly it seems. Wanted no parts of AD (which is understandable) on two of those TD's
- If anyone didn't see that Pats/Jets game playing out like that they're delusional. Typical, wear em down game the Pats always play, Welker's numbers are CRAZY!
-
laugh.gif
at Matt Shaub's last pass. That was an Eli moment right there
- Packers keep on trucking
30t6p3b.gif
, looking like no competition for them besides New Orleans. Falcons offense after the first half
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

- Jimmy Graham
eek.gif
, dude is becoming a MONSTER. Saints have just as many weapons as Green Bay if you ask me, that defense is awful though
- Steve Smith's vertical on that TD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
(Cam with a jump pass AGAIN!),
indifferent.gif
at Roman Harper with the late hit. Chump!
- Tebow time finally, made a few plays. At this point why not? Season is a wash, Rivers been playing average so far and still getting wins
laugh.gif

With the media and other talking heads. The Steelers win, they're experienced and taking care of business. Steelers lose, they're old and sloppy.
laugh.gif

RIP Al. 
tired.gif

Steve Smith. 
pimp.gif

Man, I love watching Carolina's offense, I can't wait til they take a #2 WR in the first round next April.  That joint is gonna be insane. 

Jimmy Graham may have taken the title from Gates right now.  Gates all time, but Graham is right now.  That kid is a stud.  But, who saw him with the Manu? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Carolina coaching cost them that game though, why you take a timeout to end the half when they weren't gonna get the kick off?  Cost you 3 points, and getting a PAT blocked? 
sick.gif

DHB made a play. 
eek.gif

I hated to see the last play, but Matt Schaub is so underrated.  Dude did 400 with no AJ, and he was taking a pounding out there.  The guy gets it done, but he has a little Romo in him I guess.  That last play was terrible. 

Vick to 5K next week, least they have something to enjoy. 

Greene and McCoy are two backs that need more work.  I know it's a passing league, but those two settle everything in for their offenses, this Vick drop back 40+ times a game is for the birds.  And any time you can take the ball out of the hands of Pick 6, I'm sorry, 3 and out, I'm sorry Sanchize, the better. 

I thought for absolute sure that hail mary by Tebow was getting caught.  If the ball up and floated around a defender to nessle softly in the receivers hands, I wouldn't have even flinched. 

Gollson on Mike Williams hit. 
eek.gif
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
eek.gif

Jim Harbaugh can coach, the man can coach.  They ain't great, but under Mike they are 1-4 right now I bet. 

Olsen and Gore score for the U, 144 weeks and counting. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom