NFL Week 6 In Review...

What reoccurring mistake did Geno make yesterday? The pick six when we were down at our own 5 yard line with no timeouts and 20 second on the clock?

I hardly consider that much of anything. Against a pretty good Broncos defense, he had some halfway decent drvies yesterday and his recievers dropped about 5 balls which seems to happen every week. Also he his running backs combined for 20 yards on the day. Considering who he is at the moment and the talent level around him, I thought he was decent yesterday.

I like Vontaze but he went after Cam's injured leg when the play was dead, that's scumbag status and can't abide by it.

Last edited:
You predicted a Jake Locker led team to make the playoffs? Wow

Don't remember the play in question, but I do remember Cam yapping at him after a play.

In this soft *** league I'll take a player like Vontaze at LB any day. He toes the line every week, which ends up having guys from the other team targeting him.

Thought that we could still win that game at home down AJ, Eifert, and Gresham, and it comes down to the ******* kicker missing a 38 yarder. Unreal.

Another week, another struggle for the front 4 to generate pressure. Geno Atkins looked better. Saw him winning some matchups on the interior, but Margus Hunt is no Michael Johnson.

Dalton balled. One bad throw for a pick and the other his arm was hit at the line. Possibly his most impressive performance considering the circumstances.

Gio :pimp: Not much that really needs to be said. Our Brian Westbrook
Can we get some Sanu love or nah.

What reoccurring mistake did Geno make yesterday? The pick six when we were down at our own 5 yard line with no timeouts and 20 second on the clock?

I hardly consider that much of anything. Against a pretty good Broncos defense, he had some halfway decent drvies yesterday and his recievers dropped about 5 balls which seems to happen every week. Also he his running backs combined for 20 yards on the day. Considering who he is at the moment and the talent level around him, I thought he was decent yesterday.

I like Vontaze but he went after Cam's injured leg when the play was dead, that's scumbag status and can't abide by it.
Referring to Geno's body of work this season, Broncos game was not indicative of Geno's 2014 struggles with decision-making, turnovers, and reads. He actually looked his best yesterday, and receivers plus Amaro did not help with untimely drops.

Boys:
Marinelli is doing a great job with the defense.

McClain is balling. Definitely best player on our defense

Stupid turnovers but glad we stuck to the run even when down 10-0

The O-line is balling!! Gotta give Jerry credit.

That Romo to Williams play :x :pimp:

Rest of the league:
Hate to see that happen to Cruz.
The Bucs are awful
Rodgers :x
Cousins is who we thought he was

MVP Candidates through Week 6...Murray, Watt, Manning, Rodgers...with Forte and Rivers close behind.

-The FREAKING Dallas Cowboys just went into Seattle and won. Where the Romo haters at? He just did something Manning and Rodgers couldn't do this year.

-Cleveland could easily be 6-2 in three weeks...next three games against Oakland, Tampa, Jax.

-Pittsburgh is just not good...at all.

-I just sacked Eli Manning.

-Cardinals are the best team no one talks about.

-Julius Thomas is Jimmy Graham last year...an absolute beast in the Redzone.

My updated playoff predictions...

AFC

1. Denver

2. Indy

3. Cincy

4. New England

5. San Diego

6. Houston

NFC

1. Seattle

2. Green Bay

3. Dallas

4. New Orleans

5. Arizona

6. Philly

How could I forget Terrance Williams' huge catch?! Play of the game hands down. Props to Romo for keeping it alive despite Irvin chasing twice, not many better than him or Big Ben at eluding massive pass rush.

tvobach tvobach :
Forte is having a poor season by my standards. His first rush TD of the season yesterday. One 100-yard rushing performance against the worst run D in the league.

How could I forget Terrance Williams' huge catch?! Play of the game hands down. Props to Romo for keeping it alive despite Irvin chasing twice, not many better than him or Big Ben at eluding massive pass rush.

@TVobach:
Forte is having a poor season by my standards. His first rush TD of the season yesterday. One 100-yard rushing performance against the worst run D in the league.
Yeah, I may have overstepped that one. Just has been unreal as a receiver the last couple weeks...if he can continue that and run like he did yesterday, then he should at least be in the discussion. But, you're right, I'm too early on that one.

Yeah, I may have overstepped that one. Just has been unreal as a receiver the last couple weeks...if he can continue that and run like he did yesterday, then he should at least be in the discussion. But, you're right, I'm too early on that one.
You, @DeadsetAce, and I are really pushing each other in the NFL Pick 'Em.

the thought of a 14-2 or 13-3 Cowboys season followed by a blowout loss in the playoffs might be to good for the football gods to pass up

2007 :pimp:

TONS of people were ready to write the dude off, man. the demise stories were over exaggerated. not just on here, but media across the country and local fans/media as well. and now we got people backtracking like crazy on it.

agree with you...anyone with any sense and anyone actually watching pats games knew what the main issue was. again, decline in play? sure. he's 37. but still one of the top QBs in the league.

Eh, seems like a bunch of defending Brady for no reason. Him and Bill had some bad games and got criticized for it. Of course the media exaggerated that's what they do.

rodgers gawd :smokin

romo gawd :smokin . rushing + defense is killin it. the o-line :x

iggles :smokin . hope sproles is ok. chip gots those boys full throttle.

giants :smh:

cousins :stoneface:

panthers are low key in the mix. dont know which team shows up weekly.

falcons :stoneface:

seahawks looking average right now :nerd:

cards playing well.

lets go rams :nerd:

bengals let one go.

ravens flying under the radar.

browns outchea!

steelers need to blow it up and start fresh.

amendola :smokin kraft nailed it by replacing wes. brady gonna brady.

dolphins are allergic to winning.

titans :nerd:

carr :smokin . he will get better.

needed a chargers loss :smh: . chargers with a good gutsy win.

broncos started slow but got it rolling. hope danny is ok. broncos need him to make a deep playoff run.

Great win in Seattle yesterday.
pimp.gif

I was dreading the inevitable Cowboys' collapse and they seemed to be on the cusp of that in the second half with the back to back turnovers, but Cowboys showed resiliency for a charge and overcame those mistakes.

That Romo to Williams catch.
pimp.gif
DeMarco Murray.
pimp.gif
The O-line.
pimp.gif

Major props to the defense. They were in Russell's face all game. He and the Seahawks' offense were anemic.

Hopefully the Cowboys keep this up and Murray stays healthy.

On another note.

giphy.gif

Real recognize real.
pimp.gif

Colts:

Luck once again shredding a secondary. :smokin
TY!!!!
Pat Mcaffee earning himself a trip to the pro bowl with his punting and kickoff activities. :smile:
Cant wait to play the Bengals next week. :D

NFL:
Peyton look frazzled early but he took care of the Jets.
Romo.....cookin out there boy!
T. Williams with the catch of the year.
Bucs really are terrible and as stated before, I too am amazed that a Lovie Smith defense looks this bad.
Get out of here with this Cousins is good talk.
BOLO Phil :smokin
Giants.....damn man. Elisha is average. Smh
Rodgers GAWD
Fins.....smh....cmon now how do you lose that game?
Jets need to tank for MM8

Cowboys win was no doubt impressive; Thanksgiving could be epic
Chargers finding a way to win yesterday shows they are legit IMO
Dolphins :smh: :lol:
Geno screwed Vegas something good yesterday; all the money was on the Broncos :lol:
Lovie Smith has been unreal in a bad way
Cardinals are the team no one takes for real but they are for real

COLTS:
-pep took his foot off the gas
-ty owns houston
-andrews been on fire
-cant wait for cincy this sunday :smokin
-pat mcafee is the best punter/special teams player in the nfl

REST OF THE NFL:
-russ played like ****, cant count on him to put the team on his back... especially when playing from behind...
-cowboys are the best team in the nfc
-steelers are complete garbage

Last edited:

You, @DeadsetAce, and I are really pushing each other in the NFL Pick 'Em.
Really need San Fran to cover tonight...a 5-10 week would be 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom