NFL Week 8 In Review...

That Texans radar goes off quick!
laugh.gif

I'm tellin you...

That Denver Schedule from here on out...
nerd.gif

Some close L's for Denver against good teams... They got a chance to get 6 more wins this year man... Watch out for them.

Texans better hope they get home field cause I got a feeling they'd get bamboozled on the road.

That Texans radar goes off quick! :lol:
Mario Williams might have something to say about that label..

Did u see the report that Mario Williams "secretly" had arthroscopic surgery on his wrist? Dude never showed up for practice and texted a coach that he was having the procedure done - obviously to the surprise of the Bills.

Actually, I never said the words "Peyton Manning" and "MVP" in the same sentence... I only brought up the point that they lost by six to the Texans.

But whatever helps you kids sleep at night!

****... I said Texans again. Here comes three quotes.

Last edited:
leading a offense that is avg in all areas of offense stats wise so thats not saying much. palmer is in the same sentence with all those guys CP threw out. and saying he is your best QB since gannon ant saying much at all my man

overrated at what? the jets should be worse then what they where the past few years but he made em better. you really going to put this year on him? ya he talks to much at times but hey thats him and his players from his ravens days swear by him.

The Jets are the least talented offense in the NFL and have mediocre defensive persona but its Rex's Fault? He's not the GM but he hurt CP's feelings so blame gets put on his shoulders apparently.

:lol: :lol:

anyways back to the topic at hand.

Peyton is not the MVP.

Id take Eli and Tom (who has to the carry his team every week cause that defense is :x)

Did u see the report that Mario Williams "secretly" had arthroscopic surgery on his wrist? Dude never showed up for practice and texted a coach that he was having the procedure done - obviously to the surprise of the Bills.

i caught a glimpse of that in the news. i was like what?

it was reported earlier that he had a wrist injury (maybe a week or 2 ago)

but for him to do something like that is :smh:

I'm not sayin but I'm just sayin... I think people getting on yall Texans fans because of your omnipresence in NFL threads this year... Seems like a couple of yall got google alerts for every time the team is mentioned. And its not like yall were on this game before your team was tops in the AFC either.
laugh.gif

Like I said, I'm not mad but I can see why people keep jabbing yall.

general question. does elite mean playing **** or mediocre football for three quarters and then balling out in the fourth quarter? playing from behind all game and then getting it going when defenses back off and play softer coverage? it's clutch. is it elite? :nerd:

separately...as far as MVP...peyton wouldn't be my first choice, but he belongs in the convo.

Last edited:
I'm not sayin but I'm just sayin... I think people getting on yall Texans fans because of your omnipresence in NFL threads this year... Seems like a couple of yall got google alerts for every time the team is mentioned. And its not like yall were on this game before your team was tops in the AFC either. :lol:

Like I said, I'm not mad but I can see why people keep jabbing yall.

fair enough.

general question. does elite mean playing **** or mediocre football for three quarters and then balling out in the fourth quarter? playing from behind all game and then getting it going when defenses back off and play softer coverage? it's clutch. is it elite? :nerd:
separately...as far as MVP...peyton wouldn't be my first choice, but he belongs in the convo.

Exactly. Comeback Player of the Year? Hell yeah. But right now: Watt, Brady and Matty Ice are all ahead of him.

As far as that first question goes... a little of both? Gotta be able to ball for the first three quarters AND man up if you screw around for the first 45 minutes of a game. You have to be able to pull your team out of a ditch if needed, but you also need to have games where you tear it up from whistle to whistle.

Eli is not the kind of guy to really get MVP kind of credit, it would be tough to top what he did last season.

He is not a 40 TD quarterback, he'll give you 27-30 now though....maybe less with a rushing attack this season

I'm sure he would take another Superbowl MVP any day of the week instead.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, what was Mike thinking sending RG3 out deep against the Steelers safeties as an eligible WR? Lucky Clark didn't catch him, no reason to put him in danger like that

i'm just going to assume it's because he's always a great regular season qb, but doesn't get acknowledged since he is incapable of showing up at all once the playoffs begin.
also, there's at least two games the falcons shouldn't have won, but managed to do so because of stupid play at the end of games by their opponents. if they're 5-2 right now, would you even begin to post your sentence on nt?

You are what your record says you are. Falcons also posted 4th quarter comebacks, even against my team. The mark of a good team is winning games when you do not play your best. They've done and deserve credit.

Matt Ryan hasn't even crossed my mind for MVP, not sure why either.

Peyton has been doing something special. He's not my #1 for MVP but he's in the running. He's making Stokley look like he's young and he's doing ok with these receivers that are dropping balls and ******g up routes left and right.

Eli isn't having an MVP season but I'd take him over most.

More SB's than Big Bro/Breesus, defeated TB12 head to head twice on the biggest sports stage there is.

Eli gets it done when you need him, I don't know how... But he does. 

he does, when he makes it to the post season.

dont get me wrong, dude has done it.

but can you trust him to carry your team thru the regular season?

no one is taking away his accomplishments. But He squeaks into the playoffs and his defense gets hot. So it isnt all him.

TB12 / Arod / Big Bro/ Bresus light it up all season ( for the most part) and alot of times their defense fail them. (not Arod, he got bumped last year cause he played a **** game)

Peyton has been doing something special. He's not my #1 for MVP but he's in the running. He's making Stokley look like he's young and he's doing ok with these receivers that are dropping balls and ******g up routes left and right.

All things considered, Peyton deserves a ton of credit, but let's not act like he has bums that he's upgrading on offense. I distinctly remember Demariyus taking a few bubble screen passes to the house. And going up and catching those wobbly *** footballs Peyton has thrown this year. Decker...has had a few memorable drops though.

That's all Eli did last year.

Last edited:
no one is taking away his accomplishments. But He squeaks into the playoffs and his defense gets hot. So it isnt all him.

That's all he did last season.

it was ALL him last season, defense was hurt all last year and last in league in rushing. defenses played to defend the pass, make shift O-line. Defense began to get healthier by week 15 vs ******** and the running improved during the playoffs.

Giants also had one of the tougher schedules in the league, and a few of those losses came down to the last second (goal line vs Seahawks which Cruz dropped, 4th down vs 49ers, etc)

Last edited:
he does, when he makes it to the post season.
dont get me wrong, dude has done it.
TB12 / Arod / Big Bro/ Bresus light it up all season ( for the most part) and alot of times their defense fail them. (not Arod, he got bumped last year cause he played a **** game)

You must be as new to football as the Texans organization.

Eli can't carry a team through the regular season?
Rodgers played a horrible game and is the reason the Giants dominated GB in GB?

All things considered, Peyton deserves a ton of credit, but let's not act like he has bums that he's upgrading on offense. I distinctly remember Demariyus taking a few bubble screen passes to the house. And going up and catching those wobbly *** footballs Peyton has thrown this year

I agree with that BUT I think Peyton is gonna make their game so much better throughout the season. These guys are young and still learning but they have the best professor in the game.

Back
Top Bottom