NFL Week 8 In Review...

If Harrison Smith was playing, I'd be willing to do the bet. Mistral Raymond, Josh Robinson, Jamarca Sanford, and Chris Cook make Orlando Scandrick look like a first ballot Hall of Famer. No one in their right mind would :lol:

Last edited:
Saying team success is relative just proves his point about having lowered expectations. :lol:

If youre comparing youre team to another success should be a hard line.

Enjoying a season is something else entirely. I enjoyed last years cowboys, always came back in the second half no matter the deficit or team. It wasnt a successful season.

Ask patriot fans about 07, if they consider it successful. Wouldnt that be the perfect control test? You dudes are saying championships aren't the end all be all. They won every game but. See what they say.

I didn't say that at all. I just said that if you are a bandwagon fan you can't understand what it's like to be a real fan. That's what's relative.

Success is a championship. Like you said, enjoyment is different. If you just pick winners as a front runner I can't really identify with your sense of enjoyment, though. As a sports fan I'm not built that way.

Last edited:
I like fraij, but knowing fraij over the years on here, he's not about to risk NT on one game. :lol:

fraij da 5 11 fraij da 5 11

Last edited:
I didn't think you'd be foolish enough to take my bet.

"just as long as I can get that other Packers fan involved, it's a bet."

If we're talking about never posting again, are you saying that you are such a troll that it would take 2 NTers to retire for you and only you to retire?

Or is it because, its like the....Cowboys we're talking about.

Last edited:
Why the hell am I getting an email about this thread?

Shoes I already told you I'd bet cash once the game rolls around. We can paypal it to Proshares if hes willing to hold it.

Damn games 6 weeks away and dudes trying to get me to never post on NT again lmao.

Pipe down.

If we're talking about never posting again, are you saying that you are such a troll that it would take 2 NTers to retire for you and only you to retire?

...as I said before, I don't know you. So you not posting again........who cares?

...but with that other clown..... if I could stop one more post from being posted about how Jordy is Top 5 or how he is #1 in the league on toe tap on the sideline catches, I 'm all for the bet.

...as I said before, I don't know you. So you not posting again........who cares?

...but with that other clown..... if I could stop one more post from being posted about how Jordy is Top 5 or how he is #1 in the league on toe tap on the sideline catches, I 'm all for the bet.
roll.gif

Pull up where I said any of that and it wasn't said with sarcasm.  Jordy top 5 is the latest running joke in the NFL threads on NT. 

On second thought maybe you're not even talking about me...  Cause I know I never talked about any toe tapping stuff other than posting a gif after like 10 other gifs were already posted.

Gat damn JPZ dragging me into this garbage.
mean.gif

Carry on.

Last edited:
Ask patriot fans about 07, if they consider it successful. Wouldnt that be the perfect control test? You dudes are saying championships aren't the end all be all. They won every game but. See what they say.

absolutely furious . other than the Moss and brady records , that season to me is a failure . i didnt watch ESPN at all for a whole week after that game

on point

Last edited:

:rofl:

He is though. He's basically a Chris Carter lite with them toe tappin abilities.

I think I do remember you now. You the clown that said you watched a documentary on how Obama is a terrorist and how it changed your life.

No dice.

I'll catch ya'll Week 9.

Saying team success is relative just proves his point about having lowered expectations. :lol:

If youre comparing youre team to another success should be a hard line.

Enjoying a season is something else entirely. I enjoyed last years cowboys, always came back in the second half no matter the deficit or team. It wasnt a successful season.

I didn't say that at all. I just said that if you are a bandwagon fan you can't understand what it's like to be a real fan. That's what's relative.

Success is a championship. Like you said, enjoyment is different. If
you just pick winners as a front runner I can't really identify with your
sense of enjoyment, though. As a sports fan I'm not built that way.

You definitely meant that team success was relevant :lol: but lets go with the obviou coverup. Sticking with your example (picking the boys in the 90s) the only way to have a true warped sense of success/enjoyment/fanhood is for the cowboys to have won every single championship since or for shoes (or any other cowboy fan at the time) to have changed to all the championship teams between now and then. Now, im pretty sure that hasn't happened.

So i'm confused, please explain further how fanhood is relative. Youre so smart.

Last edited:
You definitely meant that team success was relevant :lol: but lets go with the obviou coverup. Sticking with your example (picking the boys in the 90s) the only way to have a true warped sense of success/enjoyment/fanhood is for the cowboys to have won every single championship since or for shoes (or any other cowboy fan at the time) to have changed to all the championship teams between now and then. Now, im pretty sure that hasn't happened.

So i'm confused, please explain further how fanhood is relative. Youre so smart.

If you pick your team because they are having a winning experience at that time, your experience as a fan is going to be different from mine. It's really that simple.

If you pick your team because they are having a winning experience at that time, your experience as a fan is going to be
different from mine. It's really that simple.

Yeah I covered that. Like I asked boys have lost plenty since then, you're still "realer" as a fan? :lol:

And don't think i'm just arguing to stir the pot. I do agree with you about one thing. I also can't identify with you enjoying your team's success. Don.t get me wrong you a true blue fan. You roll with the home team and they weren't even good when young 1027 became a fan. Ya'll just ain't never won ****.

Yeah I covered that. Like I asked boys have lost plenty since then, you're still "realer" as a fan? :lol:

And don't think i'm just arguing to stir the pot. I do agree with you about one thing. I also can't identify with you enjoying your team's success. Don.t get me wrong you a true blue fan. You roll with the home team and they weren't even good when young 1027 became a fan. Ya'll just ain't never won ****.

It's cool because I did get to enjoy my Red Sox winning their third World Series of the decade last night. Also my Lakers are probably gonna have a down year, but we did get 5 championships in the last 10 years.

Plus my favorite director, Ang Lee just won an oscar. And my favorite mayoral candidate Bill DeBlasio is about to win the election here in NY. Also, Pankaj Advani, my favorite player, just won the world billiards championship .

I love that winning feeling, yknow? (Pat on my back as a fan)

Anyway I'm not calling ya'll bad fans. Props for following the cowboys during the disaster that has been Jerry Jones as GM.

I just think it's mad silly to crow about how much you've won when you chose to root for a team solely because they won. Anyone can do that. It's like placing a bet after the result is already decided.

Anyway I'm not calling ya'll bad fans. Props for following the cowboys during the disaster that has been Jerry Jones as GM.

I just think it's mad silly to crow about how much you've won when
you chose to root for a team solely because they won. Anyone can do that. It's like placing a bet after the result is already decided.

Didn't you do that with the yankees? Or you have that peep game amnesty because you teleported back and forth between both cities growing up, right?

Or is it that totally legit seahawks-yankees connection?

I just think it's mad silly to crow about how much you've won when
you chose to root for a team solely because they won. Anyone can do that. It's like placing a bet after the result is already decided.

Didn't you do that with the yankees? Or you have that peep game amnesty because you teleported back and forth between both cities growing up, right?

Or is it that totally legit seahawks-yankees connection?

wait, you can't be a seahawks fan and a yankees fan now?

I was born in Seattle and have most family there, but grew up in NY.

You're pretty much right though, but I accept my status as a bandwagon Yankee fan and that's just kind of a default fanship anyway... I'm not a big baseball guy and don't get too excited about their victories (World Series included)

That's sort of what I mean. I was always a hardcore Seahawks and Sonics fan. Since I feel a bond to those teams it's a whole different level from the Yankees winning, who I really just cheer for because I've been to a lot of games and they have a fun history to bandwagon around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom