NFL Week 8 In Review...

Did the Dolphins forget they still had to play the 2nd half? After they lose Thursday I don’t want to hear from any Phins fan about the playoffs. Mike Wallace is a bum.

KC Andy Reid called some awful plays in the 2nd half. Still 8-0

Aaron Rodgers - Jordy Nelson LEATHAL

There are some real bad O-lines out there. I'm talking to you Washington and you Atlanta.

No problem with Dez being vocal talking with Romo on the sideline but I did have a problem when he got in Wittens’ face.

Can someone tell Jason Garrett in clock doesn’t run on incomplete passes.

I said it two weeks ago that the Bengals would win 4 of there next 5. Marvin Jones have a day.

Jets aren’t a come from behind team and that game got out of hand quickly.

Raider played very nice defense yesterday. I think TP is still running. One first down in the 2nd half though they almost gave the game away.

Chip Kelly show us some of that groundbreaking offense. How does LeSean McCoy only get 15 carries?

Calvin Johnson you sir are a mans man :x :smokin

Hate seeing great players stuck on bad teams.

Tony
Fitz
AP

Last edited:
:lol: most of those GIFs aren't him piling on anyone in particular. he's pissed with a lack of results. nothing wrong there imo.

the game from earlier this year was bad. and the incident with bill o'brien was bad. most of what chester posted is nothing.

Your bias is clearly showing.

Spiking the ball on a penalty? Throwing water cups in frustration? Dude is throwing tantrums on the sideline and on the field.

And he still gets to be called a fiery leader :smh:.

what other player is getting criticized for tossing water bottles or spiking balls in frustration? we're talking about yelling at teammates and coaches. no one gets criticized for throwing water bottles and ****...happens in EVERY sport when players are pissed.

Dez Bryant = Starscream.

:rofl:

tPZB38q.gif

Last edited:
Literally, all year during Pats game, I hear Tom Brady just can't get on the same page with his receivers, how he is having trouble integrating these new rookies into the fold...instead of the fact that he just hasn't been very good.

i agree 100% with you there. the media is blaming the receivers when it's been brady's who's been just as off (in particular, the last 3 or 4 games). and that's wrong...tom needs to get the blame as well.

but you said earlier he's yelling at dudes when he's sailing throws. that's not true.

Last edited:
If Dez Bryant starts throwing **** in frustration or exhibits any type of frustration, I m going to go ahead and say the media is going to make that a story.

Maybe I'm reaching. But I don't think so.

and as far as race having anything to do with it...not true. jay cutler is gets killed for blowing up on the sideline as well.

really it has to do with the perception of the player as a leader. not saying that's right or wrong...but that's what it is.

Tom Brady getting in his WRs face about dropping catchable balls vs Dez blowing up because he isn't getting the targets.

While I agree passion is passion those 2 aren't the same.
How do we know that Dez was blowing up because he wasn't getting targets?

If Dez Bryant starts throwing **** in frustration or exhibits any type of frustration, I m going to go ahead and say the media is going to make that a story.

Maybe I'm reaching. But I don't think so.

i don't think it becomes a story. it might make a highlight, but no one is going to make a big deal about it. it happens in every sport all the time.

it's the getting on teammates and coaches that gets everyone's attention. like it did with brady, and like it's doing now with bryant.

How are we comparing Tom Brady and Dez Bryant though? :lol:

Obviously theyre going to be treated differently. Why shouldnt they be ? TB12's resume speaks for itself; Dez isnt even trusted to go about his business day to day without someone overseeing everything to make sure he doesnt do anything stupid :lol: :rolleyes

Tom Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt. Dez hasnt. Thats life :lol:

Tom Brady getting in his WRs face about dropping catchable balls vs Dez blowing up because he isn't getting the targets.

While I agree passion is passion those 2 aren't the same.
How do we know that Dez was blowing up because he wasn't getting targets?

i doubt he was yelling at his coach and QB about the defense being bad. i mean, what else do receivers yell at QBs for anyways other than targets :lol:

I feel like if any WR goes up to the QBs and OC meeting and starts yelling at them, it would get media attention.

“He’s never complained to me about getting the ball. He knows that the ball is going to go where it’s supposed to. When you guys sometimes see emotions from Dez, it’s just trying to ‘rah rah’ more than it is being a ‘me’ guy.”

Last edited:
Serious question: Have you ever seen Jason Witten spazzing on the sidelines?

MY POINT EXACTLY. This core group of players (Romo, Witten, Ware) are SPECIAL talents and awesome atheltes. But they are CONTENT with mediocrity. I am SO glad Dez wasn't infected by this virus.

ChesterMcFloppy said:
I'm more annoyed at the fact that when Tom Brady throws a temper tantrum, he's a leader. When Starscream does it, he's a cancer. Passion is passion, period. These guys don't like to ******g lose.

Double standards FTL.

do work son said:
ehh disagree. i don't think he's saying he wants more catches for the hell of it. he knows he's the best WR on that team, and he makes big impact plays to help win a game. when you're not winning games, and he's not getting enough touches, easy to see why he's frustrated. dude just wants to win games.

Co sign. Goes back to what I said in the Cowboys thread of not imposing our will on a defense and them (defense) dictating what we do

AG 47 said:
And to lose like they did yesterday? It's been a consistent thing with the Cowboys before Dez was even on the team. Heart breaking loses. They've already had two this year like that. It's not just the players who are frustrated...have you seen their Fans this morning? OP is mad. Everybody in Dallas should be mad. Not just Dez.

Mediocirty is the norm in Dallas. Dez wasn't infected somehow. Not sure if you remember but last year when we brought in Brady Poppinga off the street, he came into practice and laid into someone, obviously going 100% and one of our LB'ers (can't remember who) told him "We don't practice that way." :lol: :lol:

MaxElite said:
Its nothing until you're a Jay Cutler or a Dez Bryant or a Cam Netwon, right?

Pretty much.

Maximums Meridas said:
If it's cool for QB's to go off then WR's or anybody else can do it too. QB's are not the only ones that wanna win and get frustrated by losing. The Cowboys have blown so many games, so many opportunities the last few years. To me it looks like Dez is tired of that, he's tryna wake these dudes up.

I can't cosign enough in here because you guys are working faster than me :lol:

But I am in agreeance with what a lot of you are stating.

You don't even have to bring up Tom Brady. Every INT that Romo throws is on his WRs. He flips out as well. :lol:

Just a little bit more info:

Dez has made it clear that he feels when the defense generates turnovers that its the offenses responsbility to capitalize. When you see Dez spazzing "week to week" its generally due to quick 3 and outs after the defense goes out of its way to limit the opposition from either scoring or generating turnovers.

The problem is Dez plays under a regime content with mediocrity. So he will never get the opportunity, barring a trade or release, for people to say "Well hes a champion/winner" like we do with other players. Being a Cowboys fan for as long as I am, I can tell you for a fact that guys will laugh and smile on the sidelines after a loss (Washington at Thanksgiving comes to mind. DWare was cracking smiles).

Just incase anyone missed it, last year we were signing JAGs off the street to put together a defense. Do you know why they actually played so well despite being bums? Because they hadn't been conditioned to the mediocre environment that is Valley Ranch. Brady Poppina pops someone in practice after being signed last year (I can't remember who) and that Cowboy player, who has been here for a very long time tells him "Hey we don't practice that way."

That's all you need to know...

- Stop with the AP trade chatter. Just two years ago the Vikings were 3-13. Thanks to last place scheduling they made the playoffs last year. No reason they can't do the same the next year.

- People forgetting about the Niners. They're just gashing through their latest opponents. Not the best of teams, but this team playing with confidence is a scary thing.

- Bengals

- Calvin Johnson :smh: Every week I tell myself I'm seeing the guy that will go down as the greatest WR of all-time...I guess it prepared me not to be all that suprised by yesterday's performance.

- Cowboys still the best team in the NFC East and I don't think it's all that close. They just can't get out of their own damn way.

- Falcons have plummeted.

- Chiefs at 8-0 is very impressive. What would be more impressive is if they don't let their guard down in the even the slightest. Can this carry all the way into January?

Im not as worried anymore when Cam drops back to pass and hits the long pass. I know our schedule has been pretty easy so far but we gave Seattle a good game and could've won it if DeAngelo didn't fumble in the redzone. The Buffalo game was just a heartbreaker :smh:

In all honesty we should be 5-1 right now. I love how Carolina is playing right now. It tools a few years to our defense to adjust to Julius Pepper leaving but we're back to that trademark Carolina D. Our offense is finally clicking and should start rolling on all cylinders once we get JStew back. If we can pull off the Hakeem Nicks or Josh Gordon trade we should be solid this year.

#KeepPounding

Last edited:
Im not as worried anymore when Cam drops back to pass and hits the long pass. I know our schedule has been pretty easy so far but we gave Seattle a good game and could've won it if DeAngelo didn't fumble in the redzone. The Buffalo game was just a heartbreaker :smh:

In all honesty we should be 5-1 right now. I love how Carolina is playing right now. It tools a few years to our defense to adjust to Julius Pepper leaving but we're back to that trademark Carolina D. Our offense is finally clicking and should start rolling on all cylinders once we get JStew back. If we can pull off the Hakeem Nicks or Josh Gordon trade we should be solid this year.

#KeepPounding

:stoneface:

- Stop with the AP trade chatter. Just two years ago the Vikings were 3-13. Thanks to last place scheduling they made the playoffs last year. No reason they can't do the same the next year.

last place scheduling only means you play 2 different games than the rest of your division.

for instance, the chiefs play cleveland and buffalo where the broncos play the pats and ravens

And teams like the Vikings can parlay games like that into a very good season. ******** and Vikings have talent, but they have some big holes and it's exposed big-time against very good teams. It definitely played a part in them and the Colts making the playoffs last year, although the Colts keep getting better.

Panthers, Lions and Chiefs are the benefactors this year. All teams with talent, but just needed to plug in a few voids and play a couple confidence boosters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom