NFL Week in Review: Week 1

well Christmas is in the books and it was an awesome holiday but onto the WIR for Week 1

- Pats didn't skip a beat so here comes all the "Brady is a system QB" talk

-Kenny Stills :x Tannehill really shared no blame yesterday

-Russ showing why he was an MVP candidate with that drive

-Terrance Williams showed a lot of heart fighting for those extra yards with 4 seconds left and no times outs LOL

-Carson Wentz is the real deal :pimp:

-JDR has a lot of balls, that 2 point conversion :x

-Drew Brees is going to waste away the last of his elite years with a terrible defensive

-Are the Cards frauds? No idea what Arians was doing last night

-Jameis balled out against the Falcons

-MM8 had his struggles but he was okay against a great D

-AP didn't look too good, wonder when that wall finally hits

-Lamar Miller was the only 100 yard rusher, Brock looked average

-Bills, well I won't talk about their QB since it hurts some people's feelings

- @Jetpacunlimited won't be showing up anytime soon

-AR12 still AR12 shaky :pimp:

- Bengals with a nice win, Jets welp

- Chargers :lol: but gotta feel bad for Keenan Allen to come back from last year and tear his ACL :rolleyes

- Alex Smith balled out yesterday

- Cowboys gonna Cowboy *sigh*

That said Dak looked good in his debut. Zeke looks like a certified bust.

Not serious.

-Patriots gonna Patriot

- "AJ Green was on Revis Island sipping Mai Tais" - Brian Billick

- Jaboo. 
pimp.gif

- NFL byke. 
pimp.gif

-Are my Colts serious. These clowns let confetti go down before the game even ended. Why are you even letting confetti down at all anyways.Defense 8s TURRIBLE but the offense :pimp:

-We may have to file papers on Revis as a corner if he gets smoked next week by Sammy Watkins too. He would flourish as a safety.

-Cardinals should be ashamed of themselves losing at home to a no Gronk or Brady Pats.

-Buccaneers are a threat if the Panthers arent careful. The team is young but very talented. I can see them getting in as a wildcard at worst

Bums of the Week:
TWill of the Cowboys :rofl:

Revis getting dusted all game

AFC East except for the Pats

Last edited:
CHIEFS

+ Alex Smith balled out. Best I've ever seen him play as a Chief during that comeback.

+ Spencer Ware had a great game as well...goes back to my theory the Chiefs should've dealt JC in the offseason.

+ This team really needs Justin Houston back or needs Dee Ford to at least be average.

OTHER

+ Rodgers will win MVP this season. Book it. Dude is the best QB in the league (and I don't think it's that close, to be honest.)

+ Brees 
pimp.gif
 Cooks 
pimp.gif

+ Winston looked impressive.

+ Chargers 
indifferent.gif
 losing Allen was huge (which, by the way...
ohwell.gif
)

+ That Detroit/Indy game was fun. Indy's O-line is unreal bad though. Luck may get hurt again.

+ Is this the end for AP?

+ AJ Green. Bruh. 
eek.gif

+ Dak and Elliott...give it time.

+ Eli is going to have a huge year.

+ Arians didn't look so hot last night. A lot of questionable calls. Fitz though! Dude is going to stay young forever.

+ Pats going to Pat...JG looked solid. Big win for them.

- Why the hell do the vikes have AP running out of the shotgun. Ain't no age wall, just a dumb as OC.

- we still gonna win the south.
- Jameis is the real deal.
- Oakland showed improvement. Sean smith keep getting them checks.
- Dak your time is coming son.
- ATL you still trash.
- Houston offense is young and promising but I still think Brock is stealing.
- Bortles is very meh, along with Stafford and Tanny.
- believe it or not Revis is slowing down.

Last edited:
Eagles
- couldn't have asked for a better debut from Wentz, number of preseason snaps = meaningless. If you are well prepared it will show on gameday
- still too many drops for me but good to see Eagles wide receivers catching touchdowns
- this defense can be something special this year

Everyone Else
- Browns playcalling stunk, Hue Jackson calling a fake punt = hilarious
- A-Rod makes the most highlight worthy throws I've ever seen
- colossal mistakes from MM8, that game was winnable but Vikings defense shut that down
- preseason MVP Dak Prescott couldn't even get a TD on the board because Dez can't secure a catch to save his life :rofl:. Terrence Williams IQ was on Lance Stephenson levels yesterday
- huge balls from Jack Del Rio on that 2 point conversion. Raiders wanted no parts of overtime and I don't blame them. Lol at your big free agent cornerback getting benched week 1
- feel like Drew Brees can make it work with ANYONE at WR. If only he had a defense....
- Lions did everything they could to blow that game yesterday
- feel awful for Keenan Allen, Chargers can't catch a break
- Revis Island looking like a Groupon destination now for the low, I got an anniversary coming up I heard the weather is nice
- Patriots doing what the Patriots do, keep on trucking. Goodell gave the rest of the AFC East a perfect alley oop and they already failed the first week
- Kenny Stills.... kill yourself
- Jameis is gonna make that Bucs offense fun to watch. Sims TD gave me the stank face :x

Last edited:
-Jets didn't give AJ Green the coverage he deserved yesterday :smh: Our own special team killed us as well :x

-Cards should be ashamed of themselves

-Keenan Allen don't deserve this man

-I didn't think the Browns would look that bad :lol:

-Jameis lookin like the second best qb in that division

-Cowboys gonna need some time and they might be ok

-Vikings defense :wow:

-Texans offense has extreme potential

I thought we might see romo die out there.. But rg3 might beat him to it, someone needs to have that 'Derrick rose' talk with him

- Jamaal charles' days are numbered in KC.

- Sean smith really got benched 
laugh.gif
 (oakland needs to utilize him in zone coverage rather than man)

- maybe it really is AJ greens 'year'.

- Atlanta needs to start looking for matt ryans replacement. He really looked terrible his last two drives to tie the game up

- Panthers defense isn't that nice 

- colts letting the confetti off prematurely. Letting confetti off week 1 
roll.gif

- i'm still not convinced that Wentz is nice. browns are the browns. 

- ridiculous how many 1st time starting QB's performed really well this weekend. Jimmy, siemian, wentz, prescott, we'll see how goff does tonight.

- odell, cruz, donell, sheppard.. get ya popcorn ready 

- expecting a carson palmer regression.

- Malcolm butler is still the real deal.

- Revis looked like byron maxwell out there trying to cover green

- Romo would've shredded that giants defense for 300+, Dez would've had more than 1 catch for 8 yards 
sick.gif

- Dak.. cole beasley and jason witten are not your only receivers 

-jameis da GAWD!

- shoutout to stillin for making this even though he had the 9 am meeting. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Brandon Cooks laughs at your attempts at press coverage @Raiders

Arizona defense looked different last night. Lack of faith in their 2ndary (outside of PP/TM) led to less blitzes (from a team that blitzes more than just about anyone)

Shout out to Matt Stafford.

AJ Green just copped a 4000 sq ft condo on Revis Island.

Tom Cruise is going to play Drew Brees in Brees' biopic and it will be the 1st time in his career where he will be the same height as the character he is supposed to be playing.

Jaboo should have had 5 TD's yesterday.

Hope Julio's ankle isn't too bad.

Dak Prescott did the best that he could, but some of his progression and accuracy flaws came to the forefront yesterday.

Welcome byke Victor Cruz, we've missed you.

Demarco Murray scored a TD, so there's that.

The demise of Ndamukong Suh has been greatly overstated.

Welcome byke KB.

Sad to hear about Keenan Allen.

Shout out to Wentz.

If their OL can hold up, Browns will have a dangerous WR core.

For as good as they are touted as, and usually are, Cowboys OL faded as the game progressed.

Congrats to Zeke on his 1st NFL TD.

Saints WR core looked EXPLOSIVE.

Liked what I saw from DRC.

Jaguars OC should punch himself repeatedly in the nuts and face for that 4th down call.

I love Jalen Ramsey but he is 3 tweets away from getting the "Selfish" label tagged on him.

Lot of bogus DPI calls yesterday all over the league. And lots of ****** Excessive Celebration calls. Let the guys have fun. You got them out there catching 45 concussions a game, at least let them celebrate.

Not sure if great offense or ****** defense in some of these games.

Bellichek is the goat.

Last edited:
I'm just happy We won and They lost.

Other than that it was an entertaining weekend all around.  Was pulling for the Jags there and they fell just short.  Called it early on "this feels like a moral victory for Jacksonville."

Really feel like the Jets should have had that game too, but props to Andy and AJ.

Terrence Williams didn't cost the Cowboys that game, they weren't scoring from there.

Does Bradford start next week or nah?

Last edited:
Texans
- Brock looked average with bad o-line play and WRs dropping passes but oh well
- Fuller, Hop, Lamar Miller, Clowney, Hal, Mercilus, Simon :pimp:
- Watt looked gassed near the end of the game :lol: I still feel like he should have been back the 5th game of the season and not the first

Seahawks
- Abysmal o-line play and penalties on defense. Did just enough to win when they were surely staring at a loss

League
- Colts :rofl: I figured Luck would do that hero ****, glad it totally filed after the Lions went straight down the field for a FG. Confetti dropping clowns.
- Jags looked good, but hold that L
- Titans looked bad and can also hold that L. Adrian Peterson with 1.9 yards a carry you you still lose lol. Props to the Vikings d bullying that game from them.
- Kickers are trash other than Dan Bailey
- No AFC East team taking advantage of of Brady being out :lol:
- Terrence Williams :stoneface: :rofl: no Romo but same comedy
- Didn't know Mike Wallace was still in the league
- Jamies :pimp: what a game from him
- RG3 :x still taking brutal hits
- Sucks for Keenan Allen. Sucks more for the Chargers, can't have a lead like that with 6 minutes left in the 3rd and still lose.

Matty ice washed at 31?

Like just turned 31 too

Yes

-Daks only reliable targets were Witten and Beasely because Dez dont wanna secure balls and dropping easy *** passes and TDs. Thats why he ended up with that stat line. Dak probably aint trust him.

"Revis Island looking like a Groupon destination now for the low, I got an anniversary coming up I heard the weather is nice" - extraordinary swag extraordinary swag :rofl:

Also anyone saying Colts OLine was gonna get Luck killed is bugging. The OLine looked great yesterday and he worked the TEs to get the ball out asap. Stop it :lol:

Last edited:
- Jamaal charles' days are numbered in KC.

- ridiculous how many 1st time starting QB's performed really well this weekend. Jimmy, siemian, wentz, prescott, we'll see how goff does tonight.

ummmmm hate to burst your bubble but Goff will be in street clothes tonight

COWBOYS
-oline wasn't great. Didn't give zeke much to work with. Zeke didn't do much no way..

- very conservative game plan even with dark throwing so much. No explosive plays at all..kudos to NYG there too..

-twill..twill..twill...

NFL

- Alex smith tho :smokin

- welcome back Cruz :nthat:

- bellicheck is one helluva coach. Dude nvr misses a beat.

- Houston looked good

-wentz surprised me..not even mad tho..looked poised..

- good win by Detroit..smh@ the colts. They're worse than the Cowboys. Well..

- good drive Russ..sorry about the ankle.

Nuk :pimp:

Lamar Miller :pimp:

Trill Fuller :pimp:

Clowney :pimp:

Lambo Mercy :pimp:

Watt lookin winded :lol:

Not a bad way to start the season, the O-line has been shuffled and we had some drops there but this offense has potential....

Does Brock have to be elite? No all he has to do is become a top 10-15 QB.

We see average QBs make and Win Super Bowls every year. Just gotta get hot, make some plays and don't **** it up.

Rest of the NFL :

Revis :rofl:

AFC east :rofl:

Colts :lol:

RIP RG3

Good win, happy to have been there for it. Saints fans are real hospitable, enjoyed watching the game with them.

Sean getting burned on a smaller, fast WR should have been something we should have watched for coming into the game, but him giving up on that 98 yard TD was amazing to see. No contact with Cooks at all at the line, just let him blow right by him. At least Hayden will rough you up a little when he commits a DPI.

Next week we have bigger WRs for Sean to match up with. I expect he'll bounce back, we can't go anywhere if he's not close to who he's been.

- Cruz :pimp:

- Of course a Cowboy wouldn't run outta bounds :lol:

- Jimmy era :nerd:

- Chargers bout to have another roller coaster season

- Jameis :pimp:

- Young Raiders coming up

Back
Top Bottom