NFL Week in Review: Week 2

Santonio-Holmes-05.jpg

:smh:

When is the last time Aaron Rodgers looked good against an NFL caliber defense?

Using the term "system qb" in a derogatory manner to discredit a great qb is stupid.
What great qb didn't play in a great system?

Despite the final score, 49ers had a legitimate chance at winning that game. Offense stalled for 2 drives too many.
Kelvin Benjamin is a savage.

Seahawks o-line always been meh, they'll be okay. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost next week tho :nerd:

Still need to fire Jeff Fisher. He hasn't won a playoff game since Dubyas 1st term.

He's my guy, but it's time to take Smokin Jay Cutler out back. Bears been to playoffs once since he's been there.

Yeah I always felt he got the short end of the stick with the players he had to deal with but I think Tom has a part in that too
laugh.gif
I understand he's been given weak talent and asked to do a lot, but at a certain point there has to be some type of accountability.  If you have the worst O-line in the league every year, what's the benefit of keeping you around?

Never thought I'd be missing the days when Breno Giacomini was the biggest issue on the o-line.  Now he'd be our best lineman.

But we can all agree:  Bevell is the worst.

Last edited:
I like the feeling of the thread this week, little actual productive discussion and a fair amount of personal attacks.

Shoes is in a K-Mart break room smiling down on all of us right now.

Josh McDaniels won't get his due while he's employed by New England (I'm shocked...), but dude has shown more than enough growth to warrant a 2nd chance as HC. I wouldn't hesitate to bring him in this time around. Hello, Tennessee.
how do you think this plays out with MM8? i assume them bringing him on is tied to him sticking with MM8. or Josh could take Jimmy and go somewhere else. all this assumes Bill isn't already planning to replace TB12 with Jimmy. lot of moving parts. will be interesting to see how it all falls into place. Josh is definitely gone after this year though.
Yeah, MM8 ain't going anywhere. I know we both agree they're probably the favorites to land Josh, too. It makes sense on multiple levels.

In terms of what Bill decides...ever since we got a better grasp of what Jimmy is and isn't capable of from earlier flashes before this year, I've hinted at what will probably happen. I'm firmly on board with that decision too if it comes down to it*.
nerd.gif

*subject to change
laugh.gif

That last page was ugly.

Seattle fans...what's the word on my guy Tom Cable? He gets blame for the o-line issues or nah?
Cable certainly gets blame for the Oline, and his "status" of being a lineman whisperer is constantly criticized

Most hate regarding anything on offense still directs to Bevell first though

And the blame for the selection of talent (or lack thereof) he has to work with seems to get split between him, Pete and John
Damn. Didn't know Pete and John were cheaping out on OL like that.
sick.gif
That ain't a good look.

I've been hearing you guys speak on Bevell for some time now so I guess he's still a huge source of frustration.

I've liked Tom Cable since his stint in Oakland so I'd like to see him get a chance to prove himself with actual NFL talent.

Last edited:
Stats of the week

-Taunting penalties this year is on a pace for 80. Almost 350% increase.
-The 8.3 overnight rating for Eagles-Bears is ESPN's lowest "MNF" Week 2 figure in a while. At least 2009. Eagles-Colts did a 9.3 in 2015
-Raiders ranked in #1 total offense; #32 total defense
-Marcus Mariota has a 127.2 passer rating in the 4th quarter this year, leading all QBs pfref.com/tiny/DNU92
-20 of Bortles' 89 passes haven't crossed line of scrimmage and 40 (44.9 percent) haven't gone past 5 yards downfield. #jaguars 

Bears and Eagles game was four quarters of dog feces. I was more interested in that Jon Benet **** on CBS.

These taunting penalties are ridiculous. I really hate Goodell and the rest of the clown owners.

Last edited:
Did Cleveland announce a backup yet? I'm assuming Pryor has to be it since the other two are hurt. Unless they had four.

Back
Top Bottom