NFL Wild Card Weekend In Review...

S4L

Post your observations from Wild Card weekend....

-Yeah that game really came down to that one P.I. play. It wasn't the fact that the Lions defense has 2 chances to stops on 4th & 1 and 4th & 6. Or that Suh and that d-line didn't get any pressure on that 3rd & goal TD pass to Williams. Or Jim Caldwell playing prevent offense as soon as the 3rd quarter started. Or not having any guts to go for it on 4th & 1 on our 46 yard line. Or Stafford looking like a scrub having 2 opportunities to lead his team down the field and score with over 2 minutes left and failing. Nah, let's all cry about that P.I. call.

LOL.

-28 game winning drives by Romo. Will he get any credit for it on here though for it? Nah, because it's always easier to hate.

-Told ya'll Ravens getting in would be trouble for all teams. Patriots wanted no parts of them.

-That Colts/Bengals game had the feeling of Thursday Night Football. You're watching it because it's on.

-Andy Dalton with an Andy Dalton type game.

-Logan Thomas must really be a bum if he couldn't even get more than 1 play at QB on Saturday. Ryan Lindley was pathetic all game long.

-Props to Cam Newton though. Played a great game and coaches put him in a position to succeed against that Cardinals pressure.

-Props to Jerry Jones with his forward thinking by sending out those playoff game tickets earlier in the season. Pretty quiet about that this week though.

Quotes of the Week...
-Lol Romo bout to throw a pick next-Giants fan
-Romo MVP Huh? Put in a situation where they can't run for the first time all season and he's just simply overwhelmed.-Chargers fan/Packers fan/Rodgers fanatic who's been doing a fantastic job all week with his anti-everybody else MVP winner besides Aaron Rodgers campaign. Takes a special type of clown to pull that off.
-Don't act like Romo couldn't revert to doing Romo things. Like he almost just did right there. It's coming... soon.-Chuck
-If goodell doesn't investigate this then I'm done with football-Lions fan shedding real tears
-No cowboys fan with any type of integrity will be cosigning some of those calls. Cowboy fans need to just be realistic, know what the deal is and be quiet this week. If they beat Green Bay they can pop off because they earned it but this win deserves a * if the score holds up.-49ers fan upset and jealous
-Don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a team losing other than mine. Lions got jobbed completely. From the picked up flag , Dez *****ing on the field , all the gift flags Dallas got on their last drive. The **** is utterly ridiculous and something needs to happen.-Giants fan who endured their most emotional point of the season over a Cowboys victory yesterday.
-I don't know how anyone could have watched that previous game and think the NFL is not rigged, down right atrocious. As a fan of a team that has been down and been held down for years, only to see us get screwed I am absolutely disgusted. I will not support this **** any longer. NFL can except hate mail from me each and every day for the next goddamn year.-Lions fan emotional and possibly crying at the end of the game.
-My life on the line and I need a comeback gimme Matt Stafford over errrbody.-Lions fan who lost his fiance yesterday because she chose Tony Romo over everybody.

It was an awful call to pick up the flag. Personally, it's not something you want hanging over a victory. Especially if they somehow go all the way.

But the other side is the Lions offense stagnating after the first quarter and the ineptitude of Caldwell shouldn't get too buried either.

Neither side is going to have any too much levelheadedness or unbiased commentary when it comes to discussing it though, just because of who is involved. That and the fact that there are a lot of emotions seeping out of non-Lions fans.

Last edited:
Romo has gotten a good amount of praise this year on NT and nationwide

While I think it is asinine to blame refs for a loss and especially think there is 'rigging' or an agenda, I think it is equally foolish not to acknowledge that certain decisions from the refs greatly benefited a team. There is nothing wrong with it, I don't expect the Cowboys to decline the penalties because they may have been in error. I certaintly don't think it was some grand plan to have them win. But to ignore the benefits to the Cowboys is silly as well.

Pete Morelli is a really bad ref, history of bad calls I big games

Steelers:

What can you do? The lack of depth at RB kiled them (thanks LeGarrette). I compare it to playing Tecmo Super Bowl and only having the four pass plays instead of the 8 total plays. Much easier to play D against that
Still an over achieving season and of the D improves good things can happen to this team
Ben wasn't right when he came back in the game
Oline was shredded by Balt and the lack of a good blocking RB hurt
Ben Tate is awful
Pitt's final chance was the TD called back. Ben and Heath's injuries followed and then the pick

Luck's TD throw was a thing of beauty
Cincy media still defending Marvin, Andy and Mike Brown
It's unfortunate the Cards had no QB. Would've made for a more interesting game. You knew they couldn't move the ball

Last edited:
luckyes.0.gif

:smokin

Steelers ain't have anyone behind Bell. You'd think an NFL would have 2 RB's, right? Once Bell went out in week 17 I knew what their fate would be. Serves the Steelers right for not having 2 RBs and relying on Bell to do so much.

- If they never ANNOUNCED the pass interference there wouldn't have been anywhere near of an uproar, but I've never seen a ref announce a penalty then pick up the flag afterwards with ZERO explanation on top of it. Of course if it benefitted your team you wouldn't want to admit it was a terrible turn of events but there's no denying it. It was a game altering call, the rules committee has to vote to have pass interference reviewable or hold the refs accountable for backtracking after announcing the penalty

- even after the negated penalty the Lions should have gone for it on 4th down :smh:

- I did not expect the Ravens to dominate the Steelers like that, props to their defense for holding the Steelers offense in check. Hope they can go into New England and beat them yet again

- how is Ryan Lindley employed in the NFL? and how bad must Logan Thomas be if he can't get snaps ahead of him?

- I have no sympathy for Larry Fitzgerald, you could have left years ago to play with a competent QB but chose the money instead

- for those ragging on Andy Dalton show me the better option on the roster, via free agency or in the draft for them? There isn't one, Marvin Lewis gotta go though

- I give the Cowboys credit for making the plays to win that game but that was still a terrible move by the ref to pick up the flag. You announce a call THEN pick it up like nothing ever happened lol? Detroit shot themselves in the foot a few times though. That game was a straight comedy show.

-Marvin Lewis get fired yet?

- Ravens are tough as hell. Hope they beat the **** out the Pats again

Good win by the Ravens. After losing every starting CB this year I wasn't convinced we could keep the better QBs from having big games. Another big matchup with Brady next week. Should be another good one.

Dalton needs AJ, knew Bengals had a very small chance of producing without him and Gresham. Still winless in the playoffs

No QB in AZ, knew that was going to be ugly. Cards only scored off Carolina's mistakes.

Crazy to see that flag picked up. Will see how Cowboys fare next week in Lambeau.

:smokin

Quotes of the week could of and should of been WAAAAY longer. It was an anti-cowboys circle jerk in here before the second half. Dudes were foaming at the mouth with hate.

On to the next one!!:tongue:

It was an awful call to pick up the flag. Personally, it's not something you want hanging over a victory. Especially if they somehow go all the way.

But the other side of the Lions offense stagnating after the first quarter and the ineptitude of Caldwell shouldn't get too buried either.

Neither side is going to have any too much levelheadedness or unbiased commentary when it comes to discussing it though, just because of who is involved. That and the fact that there are a lot of emotions seeping out of non-Lions fans.
Agreed.

I guess the quote where I gave romo props after the game and said he deserves respect for being clutch after all the slander we've given him for years, didn't matter Huh?

One of the few people to criticize but also eat crow when I had to, but that part of it was just skipped over of course, to make a funnier WIR.

I get it.
Good job :lol:

But the truth is, after the game I clearly stated that one non-call shouldn't overlook the fact that Romo played great when it mattered. It's a shame that me owning up to that means nothing to you. You'd rather ignore it and keep clowning me. All good. I'll be a clown according to you.

But I respected the fact that Romo made the throws that mattered, when Stafford clearly couldn't.

Since you're so good at finding quotes, find the one where I blamed the Lions loss on the refs after the game.
Oh that's right...I never did.

I was one of the few people who didn't blame the refs and gave Cowboys their props for winning.
Oh what a clownish move that was... I guess I shouldve just joined the party and used the ref excuse all other NT'ers used Huh? :lol:

Last edited:
I guess the quote where I gave romo props after the game and said he deserves respect for being clutch after all the slander we've given him for years, didn't matter Huh?

Nah it didn't, because by then your agenda was already clear. You made that quote after the 1st quarter like it was one big prophecy you were bringing to everybody's attention. Even non-Cowboys fans noticed what you were trying to do. LOL.

To disregard a whole season's worth of performance and come up with that BS agenda driven quote after one quarter of play was pathetic. Especially when there's been multiple times this season when Romo has had to step up due to our slow running game.

You definitely weren't the only clown this week to bring BS to the table when it comes to the Cowboys but you were one of the most noticeable if it makes you feel any better.

*shrugs....

:lol:

Lions got comfortable with that small *** lead, ****** calls or not, they deserved to lose that game. Offense didn't make plays down the stretch.

Bengals are [emoji]128686[/emoji] mainly Dalton
Ryan Lindley has no business being on an NFL field during a game with a uniform on

It's cool man.
I've tried to discuss football with you before and just had a clown insult thrown back at my face.

my post clearly ended with "but to be fair, there's still a lot of time left in this game."

I edited that in 30 seconds after because I realized it was unfair of be to count him out that early. You can go look at that.
I'm completely and honest about the fact I edited it in, 30 seconds later...

I instantly felt unfair for saying it that early. And I tried to fix it.

Again, it didn't matter to you.

But it's all good. It's obvious at this point no
Matter how fair or objective I am in both my slander and praise for players you'll only see the slander and keep clowning me.

I'm fair on both ends man.
ill take accountability. It was clownish to count Romo out that early. I felt bad about it and tried to edit the post immediately, but I had a feeling it was a mistake and it was. We're not perfect. I clearly jumped the gun that early in the game and I ate my crow after the game.

That may not be good enough for you but I can live with my honesty, I admit my mistakes.

Congrats on the W Cowboy fans, and good luck next week.

- ravens look good...particularly that pass rush. not thrilled about that matchup
- suspect officiating aside, hats off to the cowboys for coming back and making plays down the stretch
- colts looked sort of sloppy but the bengals are the bengals so no biggie
- panthers and cardinals was awful

72 total yards on offense. 
sick.gif

Props to Romo, he had plenty of chances to fold and didnt.

Playoff officiating, these are the best you can come up with?
mjlol.png

I knew without Bell it may slow down the Steelers some but damn the struggle was real.

Dalton didnt throw an interception. Improvement? Score may have been worse if the Colts weren't dropping everything

I might off myself if Flacco wins another SB.

Id rather see the Pats win than the Ravens. 
sick.gif
 Burns my soul to say that.

I like a bunch of the Ravens players too but we cant have Flacco prancing around with 2 rings on his hand. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom