Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

highlights-magazine_large.png

Can you spot the difference?

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't %!@*+@! "sneakerheads" be civilized?[/quote]

nerd iq > sneakerhead iq

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't %!@*+@! "sneakerheads" be civilized?

nerd iq > sneakerhead iq[/quote]
That's an easy answer buddy..look at the pictures and be cognizant of the demographics lined up for sneakers or causing the ruckus...u never hear about an apple release like this or springstein/bon jovi tickets.....

Originally Posted by jer23

[h2]how much you want to bet that at least 80% of all galaxy ebay listings ending between this past wed and next week are never paid for. i really believe and hope that that is the case. these funny number prices are ridiculous and harmful. the ONLY reason any item is 'worth' a particular price is because enough people are willing to pay for it. in this case, people are assuming 'worth' based on any fifteen yr old with an ebay account that may be bidding on 50 pairs at a time. the real, true value of the Galaxy's is $350-500 TOPS. not a penny more. time will prove this and the few that actually did pay for their $1000+ winning bids are going to be left wondering +#[/h2]

well said

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't %!@*+@! "sneakerheads" be civilized?

nerd iq > sneakerhead iq
That's an easy answer buddy..look at the pictures and be cognizant of the demographics lined up for sneakers or causing the ruckus...u never hear about an apple release like this or springstein/bon jovi tickets.....

[/quote]
Just like you never hear about people going nuts on black friday in upper middle class suburbs

jer23 wrote:
[h2]how much you want to bet that at least 80% of all galaxy ebay listings ending between this past wed and next week are never paid for. i really believe and hope that that is the case. these funny number prices are ridiculous and harmful. the ONLY reason any item is 'worth' a particular price is because enough people are willing to pay for it. in this case, people are assuming 'worth' based on any fifteen yr old with an ebay account that may be bidding on 50 pairs at a time. the real, true value of the Galaxy's is $350-500 TOPS. not a penny more. time will prove this and the few that actually did pay for their $1000+ winning bids are going to be left wondering +#+. now, those 1 of 1's Penny wore tonight, those are worth $2500. but, i guess by the Galaxy logic, $30-50K would be a fair buy it now[/h2]
keep dreaming my man... these aren't going anywhere south of a stack.

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

nerd iq > sneakerhead iq[/quote]

The difference is that Iphones have constant production. You miss it this week, catch it the next, or week after that.  Let apple drop the Iphone 5 one time, in a limited amount that MIGHT restock and watch what happens.

just reading a couple of pages back HOW IS THIS THREAD DERAILING INTO A "RACE" THREAD???

ITS HUMAN NATURE, HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY, THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS. I can guarantee you people within a race can change their ways if they choose to. that means changing the way they thinK and act

Originally Posted by Brett19648

jer23 wrote:
[h2]how much you want to bet that at least 80% of all galaxy ebay listings ending between this past wed and next week are never paid for. i really believe and hope that that is the case. these funny number prices are ridiculous and harmful. the ONLY reason any item is 'worth' a particular price is because enough people are willing to pay for it. in this case, people are assuming 'worth' based on any fifteen yr old with an ebay account that may be bidding on 50 pairs at a time. the real, true value of the Galaxy's is $350-500 TOPS. not a penny more. time will prove this and the few that actually did pay for their $1000+ winning bids are going to be left wondering +#+. now, those 1 of 1's Penny wore tonight, those are worth $2500. but, i guess by the Galaxy logic, $30-50K would be a fair buy it now[/h2]
EXACTLY. What are these dudes not realizing? SMH.
tired.gif

I'm so happy I went after the Metallic Reds. My first pair of foams was the silver total max foams, and I liked them less and less each day. Glad I got rid of them before I wore them. As for the Foam Ones, I like this style so much more.

Or it could just be the red is much much better than that silver. I'll pass on the limes though, I keep thinking I'll look at those in a year and think what was Nike doing? That's pretty much how I feel about the Pine Green and Retro from last year.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

im sure the galaxies will drop below 1 k. look at the lebron sb 8..

That was a GR that was relatively easy to get on release day if you knew where to look. This was super limited to begin with, was on the front page of National Newspapers, and several locations completely pulled the release because of the unruly mobs of people ready to bum rush the store.
I was at a House of Hoops in NJ yesterday and people came from Virginia, NYC, Washington DC, Maryland, upstate NY and were sleeping in cars or renting motel rooms.

I'm sure you're wrong.

Originally Posted by Jays4Day23

Originally Posted by Brett19648

jer23 wrote:
EXACTLY. What are these dudes not realizing? SMH.
tired.gif

I don't know... guess it's just not getting through to some people

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Don't know if this has been posted cuz I'm not gonna go through the pages to look, but I've been seeing this message a lot around FB and twitter and wanted to share this with ya.

[h6]
For
all of you who haven't heard, the CEO of Nike just went public on Fox
News. He stated he is sorry for all of the problems that were caused by
the release of the galaxy shoe pack. Because of the problems all of you
hypes caused, all camp outs will be banned starting monday. Nike is no
longer releasing shoes in the morning. They are releasing them a time
during the day, and there will be no camping
during the day. They are making a system to work that out. Also because
of what happened in Coral Springs, CS has banned any campouts in coral
springs. If you are caught camping at the mall the first time, you will
be asked to leave. If you are caught camping out the second time you
will be detained. Also they are banning sneaker sales on Ebay.com,
Amazon.com, Facebook.com, and many more websites. They are working with
all of these companies to stop the classic buy and sell of sneakers.
They also stated that Coral Springs is not the only city that this will
happen with. It is almost every city in America. Orlando is even
thinking about banning the sales of nike sneakers. So Thank you, all of
the hypes that hyped up the galaxy pack (even though they aren't that
attractive of a sneaker), The shoe game is basically over with as soon
as Nike makes these changes. Thank the hypebeasts..
[/h6]

super od, why dont nike just shutdown niketalk. HELL NO!

this life is crazy

Sounds like a massive rumor. How could they possibly stop people from buying and selling on Facebook? They can't even contain the flood of counterfeits on the internet, much less the 2nd hand market on Facebook.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Don't know if this has been posted cuz I'm not gonna go through the pages to look, but I've been seeing this message a lot around FB and twitter and wanted to share this with ya.

[h6]
For
all of you who haven't heard, the CEO of Nike just went public on Fox
News. He stated he is sorry for all of the problems that were caused by
the release of the galaxy shoe pack. Because of the problems all of you
hypes caused, all camp outs will be banned starting monday. Nike is no
longer releasing shoes in the morning. They are releasing them a time
during the day, and there will be no camping
during the day. They are making a system to work that out. Also because
of what happened in Coral Springs, CS has banned any campouts in coral
springs. If you are caught camping at the mall the first time, you will
be asked to leave. If you are caught camping out the second time you
will be detained. Also they are banning sneaker sales on Ebay.com,
Amazon.com, Facebook.com, and many more websites. They are working with
all of these companies to stop the classic buy and sell of sneakers.
They also stated that Coral Springs is not the only city that this will
happen with. It is almost every city in America. Orlando is even
thinking about banning the sales of nike sneakers. So Thank you, all of
the hypes that hyped up the galaxy pack (even though they aren't that
attractive of a sneaker), The shoe game is basically over with as soon
as Nike makes these changes. Thank the hypebeasts..
[/h6]

super od, why dont nike just shutdown niketalk. HELL NO!

this life is crazy

Nobody really believes this I hope.....

I need to see some youtube links, and Fox News URL or something ... I need to see some receipts, b.

I like what Niketown Las Vegas did w/ their galaxy pack release, the twitter RSVP. First ppl to respond to their tweet w/ the requested info had reserved pairs. Personally? I'm not mad at this method.

They can change camping rules, release rules, etc. but last time I checked we live in capitalist democratic society and Nike isn't in charge of the internet. Theres only 2 things they could do that would change what happens. They could completely stop doing retro and exclusive releases, or they could produce so many shoes of a given release that the market is entirely saturated and the supply overwhelms the demand. As long as there are limited releases people can buy and flip for double or triple their money theres going to be a lot of people doing stupid things on release day.

If this stuff keeps up much longer I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of government intervention, kinda like the congressional hearings on steroids in baseball (which was a total waste of time and money). With all the negative publicity, riots, assaults, etc. happening on what seems like a regular basis nowadays it's only a matter of time.

Originally Posted by ericjunior

I need to see some youtube links, and Fox News URL or something ... I need to see some receipts, b.

I like what Niketown Las Vegas did w/ their galaxy pack release, the twitter RSVP. First ppl to respond to their tweet w/ the requested info had reserved pairs. Personally? I'm not mad at this method.

I hadn't heard about that... good idea.

I hope Air Randy and Jay cooked up a lot of these. I'm sick of these got damn sneakers and the hype that followed .
laugh.gif

Curious, anyone successfully sold theirs for $3000+? I can't believe a Foamposite is going for 2-4k.

anybody catch Lin wearing these during the rookie challenge?

and for that long message about nike ceo if they pull that off thats like microsoft monopoly od @%$% the government intervened in

Back
Top Bottom