Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I've been late on events
Can someone fill me on why A lot of shoes for NDC are getting a slight date push back?
Hopefully it clears up by the time these drop
Has something else just been pushed back? They delayed the release of a handful of shoes to get an updated pushed to the SNKRS app. Not sure it's going to stop anybody from writing scripts to exploit the app, but it seems pretty clear that all those shoes hit last Friday after the updated appeared in the app store.

i thought everyone had access to the app?

is it that much better?

:nerd:
It's certainly easier. You don't have to keep refreshing and from my experience once it starts looking for the shoes you don't have to do anything other than keep the app open. Half the time once I'm in line on the web or my phone it just stays there... for hours if I let it. I certainly find the purchase process with SNKRS to be a much less stressful experience (and I have got 4/4 releases I've tried for on the app).

It's funny though, cause I don't think anyone here who owns a pair of Royals, BReds, Shadows or black toes would let them go for only $50 over retail today. My whole point is that when it comes to 1's, they command a very high price on the secondary market. I'm sitting on $5K over 15 pairs of 1's. That's pretty absurd, but that's the market. I think these will start at $275-$300 on release day. So if I'm not around to buy a pair, I don't see how I pay any less. Certainly don't see dudes helping each other out too much in threads for OG 1's.

I live in canada where retail is going to be $212.20 (CAD) after tax and there's about 6-7 stores in the entire province that will get them. 1 size 8.5 in each store, so you do the math. 

I'll still take my shot online, but it seems like everybody and their mother goin after these so I'd rather sell something from the collection to help cover the extra costs for the presale.

just hope sobesoles is legit.

I doubt anyone would do it either, but uts more or less what I'd be willing to pay. I'm alright not getting a shoe for what I wanna pay. I recently bought Knicks 1s for 180 and I had my teeth clenched whilst doing it, and felt kinda dirty afterwards! LOL i offered a member 225 for breds after the bigfoot restock on EB, they declined, and about 2 months later i got a pair after all for a bit less..

Breds and Royals in particular hadn't released in years tho. So u might be right but I don't belee that these are going to be super limited, no sauce just my opinion. Def not willing to spend 270 on these limited or not...
To me, the Chicago's has less retroes than breds and will be same as Royals. The Royals weren't retroed in 1994 whereas the Chicago's were. But Chicago's were skipped in 2001 whereas the Royals were retroed. If we go by that theory, then these should see the similar price trend of the 2013 Royals 
ohwell.gif
 jk, i'm sure the Royal demand were a lot higher.

To me, the Chicago's has less retroes than breds and will be same as Royals. The Royals weren't retroed in 1994 whereas the Chicago's were. But Chicago's were skipped in 2001 whereas the Royals were retroed. If we go by that theory, then these should see the similar price trend of the 2013 Royals :\  jk, i'm sure the Royal demand were a lot higher.

But where do you place the 03s into the equation? Even though its a mid PL, they play a factor in the retro line up.

I think a lot of people have been waiting on a true retro for a long time. I never got into the patent ones, and I sold my 2013's cause they were literally painful to wear. These feel like they're going to do my memories coming home with that pair in '94 justice, which I think is the case for a lot of people with this one.

happy as hell dropping $270 on a pre-order.

Edit: Satisfied as hell. Happy was a strong word.

Last edited:
I got a pre order only because i want three pairs, on RD i plan on getting two of them and so i wouldn't mind paying 270 for another pair since i doubt i can get more than two for retail.

I'm Happy As Hell That I Get To Pay RETAIL on RD and have kicks in hand same day[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji].....

Last edited:
Has something else just been pushed back? They delayed the release of a handful of shoes to get an updated pushed to the SNKRS app. Not sure it's going to stop anybody from writing scripts to exploit the app, but it seems pretty clear that all those shoes hit last Friday after the updated appeared in the app store.

Back
Top Bottom