Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

The ONLY reason why I'm contemplating doubling on the Bordeauxs and Aquas is the fact that they are my 2 ALL TIME favorite Jordans. I was never that big on the overhyped 11s, 3s, 4s, or 5s. 

I'm buying one pair of the hares to stock. That shoe is a collectors peace to me; that WHITE leather and suede combo never sat well with me. 
True, but you do know the hype beast and resellers will be after these like wolves right; I hope you get your pairs but I'm getting paranoid because when the months draw closer we're going to see a lot more people in here.

True, but you do know the hype beast and resellers will be after these like wolves right; I hope you get your pairs but I'm getting paranoid because when the months draw closer we're going to see a lot more people in here.
True, honestly if I can even get one pair of each for retail that would be awesome

True, honestly if I can even get one pair of each for retail that would be awesome
Man I tell you I just want one pair of these, the Hares, and Bordeauxs (sorry I keep repeating myself); the shoes look so awesome I'm going to wear them all with the black clothes the Martians and Bordeauxs, white or gray clothes either legend blues or hares, and finally red the 1s.

I only buy 1s now because I feel they're the only jordan that are worth the cost. The wearability with the OG color ways is what attracts me to them.
Never had a pair of 1s before and the other color ways that released 2014 were not that good and I messed out on the 2013 1s so...

Just my suggestion but I would buy a pair of the BW 1s to start off and see if you like 1s. Great color way and resale is low. It will rise soon, so check it out.
I'll see because I'm trying to save money for the Marvin the Martian 7s that are coming out in March, the job I'm working at in college only gave me four hours a week to work on minimum wage

I fully understand. Buy what you like! Respect
Thanks I'm saving for these in a piggy bank I have in my room, I'm saving for the martians in my main bank account, and I'll be working at my job back at home by the time the bordeauxs come out but the main thing thats getting me paranoid is how will I cop with all the hype and resellers

Thanks I'm saving for these in a piggy bank I have in my room, I'm saving for the martians in my main bank account, and I'll be working at my job back at home by the time the bordeauxs come out but the main thing thats getting me paranoid is how will I cop with all the hype and resellers
Repped for bein able to use a actual piggy bank. I've never been able to do it lol.

Repped for bein able to use a actual piggy bank. I've never been able to do it lol.
You can do it, you just have to have the drive to save your money for what you want.  I really want the Chicago 1s so I'm going to do anything money wise to achieve that goal.  The same as with the Marvins, Hares, and Bordeaux (which look just beautiful, I like how the did the black and gray and the tongue looks good with the gold and burgundy).

To rate the shoes:

1. Chicago 1s

2. Bordeaux

3. Hares

4. Marvin the Martian 

You can do it, you just have to have the drive to save your money for what you want.  I really want the Chicago 1s so I'm going to do anything money wise to achieve that goal.  The same as with the Marvins, Hares, and Bordeaux (which look just beautiful, I like how the did the black and gray and the tongue looks good with the gold and burgundy).
Don't get me wrong, I'm saving now. Keep a stash at the crib but most of it is in the bank. I was reminicing on my younger days. The rubber piece at the bottom never held me back lol. All I'm lookin forward to are the chi's. Been passin up steals of the last retro due to the quality and jumpman branding. Hopefully JB won't mess these up. I feel like they'll give us decent quality but hold out on the og mold. Or vice versa. Can't wait to see pics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saving now. Keep a stash at the crib but most of it is in the bank. I was reminicing on my younger days. The rubber piece at the bottom never held me back lol. All I'm lookin forward to are the chi's. Been passin up steals of the last retro due to the quality and jumpman branding. Hopefully JB won't mess these up. I feel like they'll give us decent quality but hold out on the og mold. Or vice versa. Can't wait to see pics.
I don't doubt you man, the only time I take the rubber piece out is to count the money inside and put it back in
laugh.gif
.  Yeah, since the quality will hopefully be better and the return of the Nike Air logo I can understand why you passed on them, these might be the closes to the original we can get (even though they had that YouTube video that shows that they keep a model of each shoe since the creation); can't wait to see the pics too man!

Piggy Bank.???

If you gotta save pennies for shoes you need to reassess the situation... unless you <16 or maybe even 18yo

Last edited:
"Take care of your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves." 

Nothing wrong with using a piggy bamk and saving, man. I do it all the time when there's a release 3-4 months from now. The thing about saving in advance is that you can still use your savings in more important things, and still save by the end of the week.

Respect to The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince man.

Hope we can all cop come RD.

Nah man even if I'm putting in pennies, respect to @AirSakuragi. I'm saving and passing on releases as well cause I have more important priorities to worry about instead of trying to cop all the shoes I can get. A lot of people don't know the value of a dollar and being able to set aside and manage their money.

If I'm saving pennies for Chicagos, I just want it more than anyone else. If your spending hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for shoes instead.. Then you might need to reasses
Thank you, I appreciate it; my aunts always tell me if you want it then you have to save your money and get yourself, I took that to heart and began saving for these as soon as I heard these were coming out.

Nothing wrong with using a piggy bamk and saving, man. I do it all the time when there's a release 3-4 months from now. The thing about saving in advance is that you can still use your savings in more important things, and still save by the end of the week.

Respect to @airsakuragi man.

Hope we can all cop come RD.
Yeah, I started in November so I have a good bit saved up for these, not quite close yet but getting there and I hope you cop as well.

Last edited:
I guess that came off wrong...wasn't trying to disrespect lol.  Makes sense the way ya'll put it.  I am good with my money and always have been...i'm almost 30 right now.  I mean i guess i essentially do the same ish,  I just have a separate account for my "hobbies" rather than a piggy bank.  When I heard piggy bank I was thinking of iterally just putting coins in there.

I guess that came off wrong...wasn't trying to disrespect lol.  Makes sense the way ya'll put it.  I am good with my money and always have been...i'm almost 30 right now.  I mean i guess i essentially do the same ish,  I just have a separate account for my "hobbies" rather than a piggy bank.  When I heard piggy bank I was thinking of iterally just putting coins in there.

:lol: yeah man. I see what your saying too in what you meant. Your good though brother don't worry. We all have different views and opinions anyways but coming together on NT is :nthat:

Shoot man. I couldn't afford these Js as a kid. I remember back in the jumpman23 days that they release wallpapers for all the sig models with a black background and the one I wanted most was the Chicago. Was love at first sight. Still can't really afford sneakers now with like 10 shoe releases every week :lol:. But these I must get.

Back
Top Bottom