Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

View media item 2202580

View media item 2202581

View media item 2202582

"2013 black toe AJ1 on the right vs 2016 black toe AJ1 on the left - I don't see any differences in quality aside from 2016 little lighter"

"The 2013 is a size 9 and the 2016 is a size 12 so obvious size difference but quality is the same. No major differences"

Images & Info Via Lukevan7's Twittter
i call bs on quality comment. None of the og high remastered have been close to 2013 quality

i call bs on quality comment. None of the og high remastered have been close to 2013 quality
one of the main reasons i posted it, wanted opinions on that statement 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
They look the same but they won't be. 2016 will def be softer

Already noticed this in some pix but didn't wanna comment because I thought people would come after me and my family

View media item 2202628Hello NT. Not an active member on here, but I do skim through the Jordan 1 threads on occasion, not enough to be considered a lurker.. hopefully. Anyway, I lucked up on the BT's today at NiceKicks, and as a lover of 1's, I know the main questions are about the quality. On my pair (sz10) they're beautiful. Very similar to the Chicago (15's) and Cyber Monday's. Toe box, side panels, collar etc all share the same soft leather. I think you guys will really enjoy these. If you would like more pics, just let me know.

Managed to grab a pair from Footaction in Chicago after waiting in line for about an hour. No pictures right now, but compared them to my 2013s and they're definitely very similar. Leather's a little better on the 2016s and the cut is higher, but there isn't quite as stark of a difference as, say, the differences between the 2013/2016 Breds or 2013/2015 Chicagos or anything. Glad I snagged another pair though since I adore this colorway.

edit: just for further clarification, they're basically on par with regards to quality with the Cyber Mondays

Last edited:
In for that softer leather
smokin.gif

Nike killing' it lately and always full of surprises 
smokin.gif

Last edited:

dam wonder if its still worth it to try to go to fox hills or NKLA for the BTs.. 
No lol. Just went again to scope it out and its a zoo. Still easily a 1.5 hour wait to get your pair. The didnt do a good job planning for this but I doubt they foresaw this many people..

Back
Top Bottom