Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Managed to grab a pair from Footaction in Chicago after waiting in line for about an hour. No pictures right now, but compared them to my 2013s and they're definitely very similar. Leather's a little better on the 2016s and the cut is higher, but there isn't quite as stark of a difference as, say, the differences between the 2013/2016 Breds or 2013/2015 Chicagos or anything. Glad I snagged another pair though since I adore this colorway.

edit: just for further clarification, they're basically on par with regards to quality with the Cyber Mondays
that's funny because cyber mondays fall only behind the SBB, Banned and SBB 2 and Frag.

Thats good news

Reps for everyone posting pics... Now why couldnt they have just done the breds like this, would have been amazing.

Managed to grab a pair from Footaction in Chicago after waiting in line for about an hour. No pictures right now, but compared them to my 2013s and they're definitely very similar. Leather's a little better on the 2016s and the cut is higher, but there isn't quite as stark of a difference as, say, the differences between the 2013/2016 Breds or 2013/2015 Chicagos or anything. Glad I snagged another pair though since I adore this colorway.

edit: just for further clarification, they're basically on par with regards to quality with the Cyber Mondays
that's funny because cyber mondays fall only behind the SBB, Banned and SBB 2 and Frag.

Thats good news

If they're like cyber mondays then they will be amazing

Cyber Monday get too much hate when the quality is top notch

If they're like cyber mondays then they will be amazing

They really do remind me of the CM's. I have a few pairs of those and I think it's the best type of leather for my taste. If you happened to catch the pic I posted on the previous page squeezing the toe area you could tell there. I don't think anyone will be disappointed come November 5th.

The only knock they receive is the all white midsole, which is the only slight you'll hear about them. Some people just aren't a fan, but to claim they get too much hate is an exaggeration.

Fox hills has plenty of pairs, but dont go there expecting to be in and out 
I won't be off work until 7pm you think it's worth trying? I work in Century City so it's not too far, but I'm a size 12 so I'm not hopeful...

Today's 'banned' day shows Nike's and footlockers inability to have a cohesive co-branding event and to actually get pairs put out in a strategic way ....Here's what I don't get from the seeding:

Footlocker rolled out an app reservation system in NYC ... but didn't use this system

*Why as a consumer would I care to have VIP status
*why have a geo locTion tagging feature if you're not gonna use it for special event to get it to folks in the area instead of -- resellers

Nike+/SNKRS+ ..... why have an app for buying sneakers if you're gonna run sneaker special opps through a diff app

*if a consumer who only purchases 1s through your app and has sorry for playing 'drW for the product being offered can't get consideration then what's the point to have either apps.

View media item 2202753
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 01 by Sean Go, on Flickr

View media item 2202754
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 02 by Sean Go, on Flickr

View media item 2202755
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 03 by Sean Go, on Flickr

IG: @sgo8

Overall I'm happy with these. However, the white leather is not as soft as the red leather on the Breds, or the Starfish leather on the SBB (Home). They are more similar to the quality on the recent Chicago 1 which of course is better than the materials on the 2013 Retro 1s.

I won't be off work until 7pm you think it's worth trying? I work in Century City so it's not too far, but I'm a size 12 so I'm not hopeful...
There were plenty of larger sizes when I left around 330 but it was a zoo in the store and has been all day long. 

The only knock they receive is the all white midsole, which is the only slight you'll hear about them. Some people just aren't a fan, but to claim they get too much hate is an exaggeration.

I guess you miss a lot of the posts where people are disgusted when CM are mentioned with great quality

White sole has nothing to do with it when people say the quality is bad when in fact it's prob the best on any of the massively release Jordan 1s

View media item 2202753
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 01 by Sean Go, on Flickr

View media item 2202754
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 02 by Sean Go, on Flickr

View media item 2202755
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Black Toe (2016)" 03 by Sean Go, on Flickr

IG: @sgo8

Overall I'm happy with these. However, the white leather is not as soft as the red leather on the Breds, or the Starfish leather on the SBB (Home). They are more similar to the quality on the recent Chicago 1 which of course is better than the materials on the 2013 Retro 1s.
Great pics ! Can't wait for my pair

Back
Top Bottom