Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Dude who said his '12 Bred s didn't crack must be light as a feather I'm about to sell mine before mine crack. I have a feeling they'll come out again soon

I didn't just say they didn't crack, I showed you proof

Im 5'11 - 175 lbs by the way.
If guys shoes are cracking because they're blimps, thats not a JB problem, thats a personal problem

Dude who said his '12 Bred s didn't crack must be light as a feather I'm about to sell mine before mine crack. I have a feeling they'll come out again soon

Im 5'11 - 175 lbs by the way.
If guys shoes are cracking because they're blimps, thats not a JB problem, thats a personal problem

:wow:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Love my BC IV's but, the midsole did crack pretty quick.  Doesn't really bother me cause that's the extent of the damage considering how much wear I put into them.  My WC's however are like tanks.

Love my BC IV's but, the midsole did crack pretty quick.  Doesn't really bother me cause that's the extent of the damage considering how much wear I put into them.  My WC's however are like tanks.

True, and to be fair, by no means am I suggesting that III's and IV's don't have notorious crack problems. I know they do.
But my pairs seem much improved, and I do think the 2012's were about as good as we're gonna see from JB

Last edited:
Bruh said blimps
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:
I do like the nubuck on those(2012s) though

Last edited:
True, and to be fair, by no means am I suggesting that III's and IV's don't have notorious crack problems. I know they do.
But my pairs seem much improved, and I do think the 2012's were about as good as we're gonna see from JB
Honestly, I think you got a bit lucky. The BC IV thread from 2012 is full of people complaining about cracks. I am worried that the 2012's might be as good as they get though.

I'm really on the fence about selling my 2012 WC's. The leather on them is pretty bad (although they haven't really creased at all because of it :lol: ) and if they up the quality on these, plus with nike air, I won't miss my 2012's at all. The only issue is obtaining a pair of the 2016s..... So far this year I've struck out on the 2 Jay's I wanted (Chicago's and Shattered Backboards). I'd be really choked if I sold my 2012's and struck out on the 2016's (team retail here, price is already too high as is for retros, I won't pay resale if I miss).

You think theres s
Yea, considering I've hardly worn either pair much, it's a little disappointing, but I bought them knowing they'd crack eventually. Here's some pics of mine

BC's worn less than 10 times. Black paint is cracking on the insides, white paint is cracked all around.

Thunders worn 5 or 6 times. Yellow paint is cracking in a lot of places.

Like I said, I knew they'd crack eventually so it's not a huge deal, I was just hoping it would take longer
laugh.gif
I wonder if theres someway to seal the paint in. On my military, thunders, ALL Crack(ing). Thats why I'm hesitant to wear my DB's. Part of me was considering putting a clear coat or something and see if it holds it in , though very highly unlikely for me to do that to my baby's. but something must be done! I Love the IV'S and it saddens me with ALL, not just mine, of the cracking. THEY SET US UP! JB should provide touch up HA. Like cars. They're expensive enough as it is.

I believe up until '04, the midsoles that were on J's like the III's and IV's were a different type of foam. They were dyed rather than painted. It looks as if the quality foam used today does not preserve the paint well and are prone to easily cracking in a short period of time.

Last edited:
^this, I remember having the original 89's and 99 retroes and they were not painted. The only downfall was when the foam got dirty they would stain and was impossible to clean. I remember placing a clear film of tape along the foam portion to keep dirt from staining them. The 99's did crack along the black portion but there was no paint along the white on my black cement pair.

^this, I remember having the original 89's and 99 retroes and they were not painted. The only downfall was when the foam got dirty they would stain and was impossible to clean. I remember placing a clear film of tape along the foam portion to keep dirt from staining them. The 99's did crack along the black portion but there was no paint along the white on my black cement pair.
Yeah, my '88 Trainer TWs and '89 4s once dirty the foam wouldn't clean, and they would yellow, but never crack.  Personally I prefer that to cracking.  Though the 2015 4s that I've encountered haven't yet cracked, so maybe they're using a different kind of paint....time will tell...

You must be right about the hit or miss, sorry to hear your pairs have been cracking so much

My 2012 have gotten hundreds of wears, almost daily wear, and this is the extent of the damage:

View media item 1609217
Left shoe, on top, has the thin cracking along the white seem. Right shoe, below, doesn't even have that.
And the black paint is basically DS

Show the inner midsoles, I doubt these haven't had any cracking there. Those pics def don't look like worn hundreds of times or show much proof. The most notorious areas to crack is in the inner midsoles, the outer part can sometimes hold so this shows nothing imo

Show the inner midsoles, I doubt these haven't had any cracking there. Those pics def don't look like worn hundreds of times or show much proof. The most notorious areas to crack is in the inner midsoles, the outer part can sometimes hold so this shows nothing imo

What do you think I have to gain by pretending my pairs didn't crack? :stoneface:
I'm one of the most consistent complainers in the JB forum about how they continuously screw up the IV, V, and VII's

But since you're so curious…

Inside look:
View media item 1615536View media item 1615537TAA DAA! Look Ma, no cracks

Full look, to illustrate the overall scuffs, wear-and-tear etc., and yet…
View media item 1615540View media item 1615541

Back
Top Bottom