Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

3-4 pairs copped.....my brother is a die hard 4s fan so one pair goes to him as a perfect college graduation present

It's amazing how different the shape is!  So can someone tell if me the 2012 midsoles crack?  So far the 2015s are rock solid paint-wise.  If the '12 are ok, I'm going watch the prices, and cop when the drop in case I can't get the '16 pair.  Thanks!

It's amazing how different the shape is!  So can someone tell if me the 2012 midsoles crack?  So far the 2015s are rock solid paint-wise.  If the '12 are ok, I'm going watch the prices, and cop when the drop in case I can't get the '16 pair.  Thanks!

Ive given my 2012 BCIV major use. Almost a daily-wearer for me. 2 and half years in my paint is holding up pretty well.
The only real paint damage is that a single thin crack has appeared all around the white part above and below the air bubble ,but its unnoticeable on the street
And not the flaky peeling of the CDP pairs

My 2012 WCIV have basically no paint damage, but they don't get much use, so thats not a good example

Last edited:
Hate to say this but I hope these are limited. Releases that are more limited have better quality.

1's for example (SBBs) compared to those hideous 5's. I've never seen a GR done with amazing quality (2015 IV's were kinda lacking for me. I don't count those). its kinda stupid that quality is dependent on quantity produced but that's all I've seen so far from JB.

Would love to be proven wrong though.

Hate to say this but I hope these are limited. Releases that are more limited have better quality.

1's for example (SBBs) compared to those hideous 5's. I've never seen a GR done with amazing quality (2015 IV's were kinda lacking for me. I don't count those). its kinda stupid that quality is dependent on quantity produced but that's all I've seen so far from JB.

red October quality wasn't the best

Last edited:

whats wrong with the 2015 4's ?

Ive given my 2012 BCIV major use. Almost a daily-wearer for me. 2 and half years in my paint is holding up pretty well.
The only real paint damage is that a single thin crack has appeared all around the white part above and below the air bubble ,but its unnoticeable on the street
And not the flaky peeling of the CDP pairs

My 2012 WCIV have basically no paint damage, but they don't get much use, so thats not a good example
Thanks for taking the time to respond.  If I can get these for no more than two bills I may just go for it.

No.

This would be a perfect world.
The shape is SOOO different....placement of the wings, mesh size (not to mention angle), toe angle, etc.  Wish I had kept my from back in '89....I actually dyed them black b/c I wanted the black ones so badly, then threw them out when I got the black metallic 5s the next year.  Would love to hear from the powers that be at Nike why they don't build the correct mold.  The bottom line is that if they wanted to they could.  Time and cost really aren't valid excuses.  I'm sure they have other reasons for it.

@geraldg2309 Those Blue Metallics in your sig though
pimp.gif
@geraldg2309  Didn't they have Orange Metallics too?

The shape is SOOO different....placement of the wings, mesh size (not to mention angle), toe angle, etc.  Wish I had kept my from back in '89....I actually dyed them black b/c I wanted the black ones so badly, then threw them out when I got the black metallic 5s the next year.  Would love to hear from the powers that be at Nike why they don't build the correct mold.  The bottom line is that if they wanted to they could.  Time and cost really aren't valid excuses.  I'm sure they have other reasons for it.

I believe someone from JB/Nike said a while back that the old molds were destroyed.

As for the 2012 WC4's I got 4 pairs and only had to get back in line at that time at HOH to buy one at a time. They asked me was I selling them... lol silly kids, this is my favorite shoe and I don't sell any of my shoes.

But this poster did it for me when I was a kid and got it in the Wheaties box! And they have been my fav Jordan's ever since!

http://cdn.*************.com/media/u/images/michael-jordan-cement-air-jordan-iv-04.jpg

Last edited:
I believe someone from JB/Nike said a while back that the old molds were destroyed.

As for the 2012 WC4's I got 4 pairs and only had to get back in line at that time at HOH to buy one at a time. They asked me was I selling them... lol silly kids, this is my favorite shoe and I don't sell any of my shoes.

But this poster did it for me when I was a kid and got it in the Wheaties box! And they have been my fav Jordan's ever since!

http://cdn.*************.com/media/u/images/michael-jordan-cement-air-jordan-iv-04.jpg
I read that as well, however, rebuilding the mold closer to the original shouldn't be that difficult; we're not talking subtleties here...these are major differences.

Yeah..molds have been destroyed, lost in the shuffle, and stolen.

That's actually how they make fakes.
Someone that has access to the molds steals it, gives it to another company to make fakes. You see differences because the fake companies obv cut corners

Back
Top Bottom