Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

And I'm willing to bet that hyped shoes are just a small drop in the bucket in terms of their overall earnings. 

Most of their money comes in from the general consumer who walks into the store and buys a pair of shoes because they are Nike. 
how much?

"Jordan Brand is estimated to bring in $2.5 billion annually in the US in footwear alone, NPD Group analyst Matt Powell said, the Business Journal  notes. That represents a nice chunk of the $8.4 billion in earnings the company brought in for the first quarter. Nike stocks jumped 8 percent to an all-time high Friday after the quarterly earnings news on Thursday, Business Insider  reports. While things are going great in the US—with 8 percent or 9 percent growth in revenues—a huge jump took place in China, with a 30 percent increase in revenue."

source: http://brandchannel.com/2015/09/25/jordan-brand-nike-092515/

And don't argue that Jordan sales aren't based on hype.

Brother, Nike is doing just fine without Curry or Cam, as for Harden he doesn't even deserves a shoe to be honest. An active player won't necessarily make more sales than someone retired, there's a lot of customers who purchase due to nostalgia, nostalgia always wins.

Yea I agree but you have to get up and coming stars to keep things going.

And I'm willing to bet that hyped shoes are just a small drop in the bucket in terms of their overall earnings. 

Most of their money comes in from the general consumer who walks into the store and buys a pair of shoes because they are Nike. 
how much?

"Jordan Brand is estimated to bring in $2.5 billion annually in the US in footwear alone, NPD Group analyst Matt Powell said, the Business Journal
 notes. That represents a nice chunk of the $8.4 billion in earnings the company brought in for the first quarter. Nike stocks jumped 8 percent to an all-time high Friday after the quarterly earnings news on Thursday, Business Insider

reports. While things are going great in the US—with 8 percent or 9 percent growth in revenues—a huge jump took place in China, with a 30 percent increase in revenue."

You just confirmed his argument. He wrote most of the sales aren't based of hyped shoes, 2.5 of 8.4, that leaves 5.1 of miscellaneous sales.

Hey Im glad adidas with the success of the ultra boost (which is an amazing shoe from a personal standpoint) and the sheep mass appeal of yeezy and UA with their great athlete endorsements such as Curry the mvp, Jordan Spieth golfer of the year, Cam the mvp, even a guy like Andy Murray whos always a top 5 seed- all young studs on the rise are creating more competition for Nike is great for the consumer. Competition breeds a better product and caters to the consumer. We will only benifit from this. Nike does have to start sinking their teeth into some young superstars though, Kobe, Nadal, Federer, Woods, Serena are just some of their ageing athletes that will need to be replaced in the next few years.

Lol @ y'all thinking Kanye is really that important. Nike is doing just fine with the celebs they do have.
Man Drake is not in there designing shoes he is just getting special Jordan colorways that's not special man. Simply look at the stocks of the 3 companies and the players each has.
I type celebs and Drake was the only person you zero'd in on, athletes are celebs also young man. Nike is, and will always be the highest selling sportswear company. You Kanye stans are very delusional.
As someone who doesn't listen to Kanye or Drake, I'll be honest I hate the whole celebrity/streetwear type colabs. 

I wish sport apparel companies stuck with athletes, not some obese rappers like Kanye who couldn't run a mile even to save his life. 

What do I know, though. Just an opinion. 

Last edited:
Back on topic though, my wc's are set to deliver tomorrow and my Hanon pair on Thursday. Hope my pairs come unflawed.

Last edited:

how much?

"Jordan Brand is estimated to bring in $2.5 billion annually in the US in footwear alone, NPD Group analyst Matt Powell said, the Business Journal
 notes. That represents a nice chunk of the $8.4 billion in earnings the company brought in for the first quarter. Nike stocks jumped 8 percent to an all-time high Friday after the quarterly earnings news on Thursday, Business Insider

reports. While things are going great in the US—with 8 percent or 9 percent growth in revenues—a huge jump took place in China, with a 30 percent increase in revenue."

You just confirmed his argument. He wrote most of the sales aren't based of hyped shoes, 2.5 of 8.4, that leaves 5.1 of miscellaneous sales.
30% of sales is a "small drop in the bucket?"  Can someone confirm this?  Almost 1/3rd of sales is a small contribution... fascinating

who gives a rats behind about that crybaby kanye? this a jordan thread. all you kanye stans can take that kanye worshipping to the yeezy thread. :smh:

Exactly......before all there was Nike and job and now there is another forum for Kanye and his products. Job press the panic button and freaked out so the threw a bone to the consumers with 'Nike air' on the back and now Nike and job has their customers back for the moment until the next Kanye release. Next thing you know Nike will persuade Jordan to come out of retirement and make him wear a new shoe every quarter so when he retires only after a year back from retirement there will be a hundred different styles that the sheep will cry for to retro them......smh......lol......

wat is the issue here? cant get a pair? now trynna question and cry bout nikes business decisions?

I have access to a Bloomberg Terminal, what do you guys want to know?
1. Is 30% of sales "a small drop in the bucket"

2. Does Jordan brand hold their own earnings calls and where can we find the link to this

3. Does Nike as a brand pay any attention to the "buzz" their products have

I know you won't find this in the terminal but you work in finance so you can answer these questions.. even tho marketing would be best for #3

Last edited:
Why yes I have specifically the Jordan subsidiary, and one concern was how some releases were still on shelves but it's due to Nike making more pairs and upping the price to kill resalers which I think is working as I have seen some releases on eBay not pass the 250 mark notably the 2015 and later 2014 release I maybe wrong but just from casually looking.

The price increase not only killed the resell market, it also made buyers not buy more jordans for the higher pricing....

30% of sales is a "small drop in the bucket?"  Can someone confirm this?  Almost 1/3rd of sales is a small contribution... fascinating
I guess your reading comprehension has failed you this time. "I'm willing to bet" means "This is what I think, although I'm not 100% certain"

Has anyone figured out what the marks are on the shoes? I have a black/grey mark above the midsole on the righ shoe. It's not a big deal, but if I can remove it with trouble I'll do it. I haven't had time to try anything myself. Eraser?

disappointed in my nike.com pair :smh:
the pair from champs is perfect compared to these nike.com pair
nike.com pair has so many flaws- speckles on and around air unit, ugly dip cuts in leather,other air unit has white paint ,, i can keep going so disappointed,,

I should have waited before wearing my champs pair,, ice champs pair and wear the nike.com ,,, now I don't know what to do

View media item 1913946View media item 1913945View media item 1913944

I guess your reading comprehension has failed you this time. "I'm willing to bet" means "This is what I think, although I'm not 100% certain"
you sound young.  I'm old.  Leave me alone or PM me.

I'm done answering I'm starting to annoy myself.. and others I'm sure.  

Thinking of shrinking the toebox to one of my pairs
nerd.gif
how do you do this? 

disappointed in my nike.com pair :smh:
the pair from champs is perfect compared to these nike.com pair
nike.com pair has so many flaws- speckles on and around air unit, ugly dip cuts in leather,other air unit has white paint ,, i can keep going so disappointed,,

I should have waited before wearing my champs pair,, ice champs pair and wear the nike.com ,,, now I don't know what to do

View media item 1913946View media item 1913945View media item 1913944

Those aren't even serious flaws

Back
Top Bottom