Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Hey Im glad adidas with the success of the ultra boost (which is an amazing shoe from a personal standpoint) and the sheep mass appeal of yeezy and UA with their great athlete endorsements such as Curry the mvp, Jordan Spieth golfer of the year, Cam the mvp, even a guy like Andy Murray whos always a top 5 seed- all young studs on the rise are creating more competition for Nike is great for the consumer. Competition breeds a better product and caters to the consumer. We will only benifit from this. Nike does have to start sinking their teeth into some young superstars though, Kobe, Nadal, Federer, Woods, Serena are just some of their ageing athletes that will need to be replaced in the next few years.

Andy Murray used to be with Adidas until recently. Nike always attracts the best athletes. The reason why these other brands have been able to raise their profile and get some star athletes is that under Nike they would not be given enough attention or most importantly money. Their main focus has been Federer, Nadal, Tiger, Lebron, Kobe,Serena, Sharapova, CR7, Neymar, Mcilroy. Under Adidas or UA, they can be the main focus. The face of the brands in their respective sports. It works out for everyone involved, although if I were an athlete I would probably take less money to represent the swoosh. They have the nicest logo,clothing & footwear. I agree that they need more new guys but they're already working on it. Neymar is just starting. In tennis Nick Kyrgios has potential. Federer's intention with his RF brand was to create something similar to the Jumpman that future athletes will want to represent.

Yea I agree but you have to get up and coming stars to keep things going.

Repped. Job and Nike doesn't have the same control like they use to where there was no company or individual that did anything different other than signing with them. Now upcoming stars have options on who to sign with not to mention how the signature shoes are injuring their star players in basketball.

how do you do this? 
I've done it before but to take wrinkles out of toe boxes I.e. Og 13's

Put a towel on the toe box and with the iron not too hot set on steam lightly go over ... Don't over do it, go over it twice and check until you feel it's right

just received 2nd pair from nike

View media item 1913913

That's what I love about NDC or buying direct from any manufacturer. The box and product are usually always perfect. They also haven't been messed with or taken out of the box. Whenever you cop from a FTL, Champs, etc. the box is usually never flawless. The boxes I got from the mall were ok, but not pristine. I know I'm a little ocd, but I love when everything is perfect. I don't like it when it's obvious the shoes have been taken out of the box before me and the tissue paper looks messed with.

As someone who doesn't listen to Kanye or Drake, I'll be honest I hate the whole celebrity/streetwear type colabs. 

I wish sport apparel companies stuck with athletes, not some obese rappers like Kanye who couldn't run a mile even to save his life. 

What do I know, though. Just an opinion. 

You can thank Nike and jb for leading the way....lot of respect for under armour for keeping the sports industry respectable and recruiting top athletes to help their brand instead of fanbois wearing basketball shoes.....

Andy Murray used to be with Adidas until recently. Nike always attracts the best athletes. The reason why these other brands have been able to raise their profile and get some star athletes is that under Nike they would not be given enough attention or most importantly money. Their main focus has been Federer, Nadal, Tiger, Lebron, Kobe,Serena, Sharapova, CR7, Neymar, Mcilroy. Under Adidas or UA, they can be the main focus. The face of the brands in their respective sports. It works out for everyone involved, although if I were an athlete I would probably take less money to represent the swoosh. They have the nicest logo,clothing & footwear. I agree that they need more new guys but they're already working on it. Neymar is just starting. In tennis Nick Kyrgios has potential. Federer's intention with his RF brand was to create something similar to the Jumpman that future athletes will want to represent.

I agree nike has signed some guys with potential but whiffed on some too. UA has been very fortunate that their young athletes are either the face or 1 of the faces of their sport. Where as nike and adidas are lacking right now in that area imo. And if given the choice I too would sign with nike but money talks louder then anything so bring on the highest bidder lol

That RF brand is awesome.  I think it was a pink techfleece hoodie I saw.  Amazing.

RF is awesome. It was really cool to see MJ & him collaborating on a product. The basketball GOAT and the tennis GOAT. The Vapor 9s were underrated too. Tinker did a great job. Obviously had inspiration from the IVs.

1. Is 30% of sales "a small drop in the bucket"

2. Does Jordan brand hold their own earnings calls and where can we find the link to this

3. Does Nike as a brand pay any attention to the "buzz" their products have

I know you won't find this in the terminal but you work in finance so you can answer these questions.. even tho marketing would be best for #3
Sorry, I was busy.

I don't even need the terminal for this. I thought you had some technical questions. 

1. 30% of sales from JB signifies diversity for Nike—this is a good thing. Once a business starts to become heavily reliant on one product or product line it signals a poor future outlook. For example: GoPro was a Wall Street favorite for quite sometime, but now, 2 years after it went public, we hate it because all of their revenue is reliant on one product. As a result of this single product dependency, their stock has dropped dramatically and will continues to do so until something changes—a buyout is probably imminent.

2. No Jordan brand does not hold their own earnings call; you're lucky they even mention JB at all. Most companies like Apple won't even mention individual products like the Apple Watch in there financial statements, they just lump it into an "Other" category with other products.

3. Of course they pay attention to the "buzz". They're aware of everything that is happening in the sneaker culture. However, this is not information that appeals to investors so they don't tend to make it public.

You can thank Nike and jb for leading the way....lot of respect for under armour for keeping the sports industry respectable and recruiting top athletes to help their brand instead of fanbois wearing basketball shoes.....

Did Nike steal your girl ?

Eastbay sent me two pairs paid for one pair. Now they sent me an email saying they rerouted one of my packages back to there wearhouse.

And

Sending my orginal order tomorrow overnight.

So yea eastbay will have an extra size 7.0 hanging around maybe Thursday or Friday.

Or maybe there's still some free thinking consumers out that who buy what they like despite endorsements.... Generally Nike has had the best designs, and overall stronger brand equity.  Of course they'll never stop endorsements.  Building a brand like JB takes a perfect storm.  It's like the creation of life.  It's not impossible, but rarely happens...heh.  Competition is good for consumers regardless of tactics corporations use.

That's what I love about NDC or buying direct from any manufacturer. The box and product are usually always perfect. They also haven't been messed with or taken out of the box. Whenever you cop from a FTL, Champs, etc. the box is usually never flawless. The boxes I got from the mall were ok, but not pristine. I know I'm a little ocd, but I love when everything is perfect. I don't like it when it's obvious the shoes have been taken out of the box before me and the tissue paper looks messed with.

View media item 1913965
can't agree with the box being perfect lol

FTL order just says "open." No shipping confirm yet. Anyone have this as well when they check the status?

disappointed in my nike.com pair :smh:
the pair from champs is perfect compared to these nike.com pair
nike.com pair has so many flaws- speckles on and around air unit, ugly dip cuts in leather,other air unit has white paint ,, i can keep going so disappointed,,

I should have waited before wearing my champs pair,, ice champs pair and wear the nike.com ,,, now I don't know what to do

View media item 1913946View media item 1913945View media item 1913944

2 words for you brah "enjoy them" :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom