Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

But I'd have to pay shipping to send back, which leaves me conflicted because I'm not paying to ship a cancelled order...
...you could just contact them and tell them what happened....they'll more than likely give you a pre-paid shipping label based on the circumstances.

Last edited:
Retrocards selling for $24? :rofl:

If people are paying that, I need to cash out on mine.
i hear u homie...but think, to a serious collector along with the fact its MJ/Nike related memorabilia...its relative...I dont imagine sellers turning these these things over as fast as hotcakes at breakfast..but who knows, could be more lucrative than reselling the Jordan retro shoes overall?!?...Definitely can see how easily one would pay that much....i used to pay $7 for a single pack of pokemon card, look at comicbook collecting, And even straight Picaso artwork, its all paper...And all mentioned are bought and sold all for the chance create a set thats collectible or prospectively valuable...laff if u see the humor tho...

Last edited:
Retrocards selling for $24? :rofl:

If people are paying that, I need to cash out on mine.

Giving enough time people will pay anything for things out of circulation. Those worthless NES cartridges back in the late '90s can fetch good money. The only stuff I have that has gone down in value/interest are autographs. I have tons of signed CDs from lots of big rock/metal bands and even two of Bill Clinton's first edition books signed that I got in person. Maybe they'll be worth something when these people are long longer with us, not that I'd want anyone to die so I can make a few bucks.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe if they have a local store you could return it.  The shoes probably cost less to manufacture than it is to ship.
Haha very true! I still kind of wanted them, but I had a vacation coming up and decided I'd rather have the cash for that. According to US law, if someone send you something you didn't want or order, you are not obligated to pay for or send back said item. Since I canceled the order, and they agreed to honor that cancel, this should fall under this since there is not a valid order.

Last edited:

Welp, my suspicions about the painted midsole on these have been confirmed. There are signs of cracking at the heel already after about a half dozen wears. Mind you this is normal wear as I haven't balled in them or anything. I weigh 185 lbs btw so I don't crush midsoles.

All the 4's that I do own have done this except for the recent Oreo's. I've worn those numerous times without any signs of cracking/chipping. Nike still taking Ls on this "remastered" thing. I had planned on wearing these to the ground so I'm not too upset, but pretty disappointed in their continued lack of addressing quality/durability issues.

I did purchase a backup pair that will be worn after these are done, which may be sooner than later. I do maintain my shoes very well and clean them after each wear, but not much you can do about cracked midsoles. Think I may be done with JB again after these though
mean.gif

You can see the cracking at the ridge on the midsole near the sole.
That's more than disappointing.  You would think that technological advances over the years would figure how to resolve this issue.

How are the leather areas of the toe box holding up?  I think many of us would like to see pics of the creases from normal wear.

View media item 1921839
Meh. I must have the card together with another pair. They're creased but since they're black, they don't look bad at all especially in the night. I wish they re-release these. So simple yet fire imo. I think these were the best executed of all the pure $/black cat 3s & 4s.

Haha very true! I still kind of wanted them, but I had a vacation coming up and decided I'd rather have the cash for that. According to US law, if someone send you something you didn't want or order, you are not obligated to pay for or send back said item. Since I canceled the order, and they agreed to honor that cancel, this should fall under this since there is not a valid order.
Yeah man, just keep them. My situation is a tad different because they still have my funds so thinking I might have them just call the courier and ask for them to be returned... Unfortunately my order was placed overseas so I will probably have the duties (about $40) reduced but that's better than having the pair and trying to sell them on Grailed, which is the single most agonizing process, especially with a shoe that for the most part was widely produced, scumbag kids that hang out on Grailed are going to want them for way under retail, when all I want is retail. 

for almost $240 after tax(NY) (feel bad for my canada heads) we SHOULD get a card & nike air hang tag.

guess bad timing with the alternate 4s it was cheaper just to push out jumpmans:lol:
It's not so bad in Canada, due to our weak dollar the $295 retail converts to $215 US. We get them a little cheaper than you guys because I assume they are afraid a $300 retail would turn people off.

Last edited:
That's more than disappointing.  You would think that technological advances over the years would figure how to resolve this issue.

The issue has already been resolved. My Air Trainer SC II don't chip at all, after a million wears. So they could go over to the NSW factory to borrow their midsole paint.

eastbay pair came today. better shape than my ndc pair but had a couple white dots on the black midsole part that irk me

Back
Top Bottom