Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Number 4 now

Damn how many threads he got banned from that he needed to create 3 new accounts?...

he had 2 originally but only had 1 post on the alternate account. when i kicked him from this thread, he created the troll account which prompted me to ban the 3 accounts. then he created the one yesterday which he promptly outed himself as who he was.

in summary, 4 total accounts because of 1 thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the big issue with midsole paint cracking, as it comes from wear, and repainting seems to be a fairly simple fix. However, I've never had a pair repainted. Does it hold up better after repainting?

Last edited:
Just copped my second pair from @Zyzz for retail + shipping. Really appreciate that OOP my man. NT vet wit the assist. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

These are some of my grails, and I didnt attempt to get a pair in 2012, so for the last 3 years I regretted it.
Had to double up this time around. Now I can finally unsubscribe to this thread and rest easy.
Good luck to those still trying.

Just shipped them out, enjoy bro

To those of you who ended up with shoes that don't fit, what are you going to do?  I've tried on my NDC pair for fit only and it is a little too tight around the toes.

I don't see the big issue with midsole paint cracking, as it comes from wear, and repainting seems to be a fairly simple fix. However, I've never had a pair repainted. Does it hold up better after repainting?

Some definitely care more than others about the midsole paint. For me, it's just a really unsightly thing that kind of ruins the look of the shoe. And besides that, there are lots of other shoes from Nike/JB that use painted midsole and hold up much better and longer through wear than the retros from about '02-'14. Anyone who's owned and actually rocked a pair of IIIs or IVs made during that time frame have more than likely experienced significant paint chipping after just a handful of normal wears. And this should not be the case given the $ we shell out for them. Thankfully it seems though that with the intro of the remastered, JB is now using a more flexible, durable paint that holds up the way it should, so there's some optimism. But breakage after a handful or wears is unacceptable. After a year of heavy use, maybe.

And regarding repainting. You have to really know what ur doing or pay someone who does. And while the repaint typically does hold up longer if done right, it's a tedious process, especially stripping off the old paint, which if still fresh in areas is tough. And I know there paint stripping chemicals that will do that job fast but that stuff is harsh and can be dangerous if not used with caution.

Sorry for the long ***** post but just wanted to express my opinion on the subject.

Either way...wear yo kicks! [emoji]9996[/emoji]

Last edited:

It's simple to paint the flat black or white of the breds. This cement print would be a while other story.

Any chance at a restock soon? I'll finally have some spending money this weekend. Haven't bought sneakers since Legend Blue 11's. Looking for size 12. Just looking for a point in the right direction.

Just copped my second pair from @Zyzz for retail + shipping. Really appreciate that OOP my man. NT vet wit the assist. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

These are some of my grails, and I didnt attempt to get a pair in 2012, so for the last 3 years I regretted it.
Had to double up this time around. Now I can finally unsubscribe to this thread and rest easy.
Good luck to those still trying.
MAD PROPS TO @Zyzz

I don't care for paint cracking as much as others. My bc 4s and varsity red 6s cracked almost instantly, but those are way more visible because they're black. These are speckled, which makes it noticeably harder to see on feet. It's normal and a semi worn in pair looks better than a crispy new pair, IMO. If you do repaint it, it should hold up as long as you repaint it correctly and aren't scuffing it. A lot of people repaint flyknit racer midsoles after a few wears to "pre-crease" and set the midsole. There's a lot of video tutorials on youtube for this.

edit: For those saying cement print is difficult to create, I disagree. Just dip the paint brush in paint, hold it a certain distance from the shoes and flick the bristles. You get natural speckles of different shapes and sizes.

Last edited:
About to buy my pair in a few days, hopefully I can find a size 10.5 for a good price[emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji]. Hopefully no flaws!!!

It seems like some of the guys here were able to order WC4's recently by calling in? Would it be safe to say, they would all be out of size 12?

^^ the phone orders were popping off on like the 15th. You are like 3 weeks late.

As for Finishline, my pair was nice but the employee said they "sent a lot of pairs back". Her words.

It was my FTL pair with the blue ink but I wiped it off.

It seems like some of the guys here were able to order WC4's recently by calling in? Would it be safe to say, they would all be out of size 12?
Probably, but it can't hurt. I wouldn't try today tho :tongue: they got worked:lol:! I say wait it out for a bit, and keep a look out for restock information while looking out for secondary market steals. (meaning in the ball park of what you'd pay taxed and shipped from a regular store). KIM, I have no idea when/if a restock will happen, though it's usually when you're busy :smh: Just offering my view of what I'd do if I was looking for a size 12.

Back
Top Bottom