Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

People on NT also tend to forget that retros are NOT the only thing JB sells, and JB makes much more money on everything else they sell. Fact is, we are in the minority when it comes to JB's customer base, and therefore they really don't need to cater to us. And to make matters worse, like you said, most people who are buying retros don't really give a **** about the quality or details.

No, they make the most money on retros. No R&D or NRE costs associated, its just plug and play for them.

Here's all I can say about shape and keeping shoes the same. Reebok has been making the Classics the exact same since the early 80's with that cheap paper leather and crappy velcro straps. K-Swiss has made the same classic white low tops for an eternity and they haven't changed. Adidas has been making the shell toes and Stan Smiths identical since the 70's and 80's. Hell the AF1 coke whites are no different than from '82. So what is so hard about it for JB to make a retro exact. They did it in the mid 90's. What makes 20 years later so different.
well, superstars and stans have been in their second iteration for a while now, both with a more padded tongue. they're now "retro'ing" the original superstar as the superstar 80s. so nike isn't the only one "remastering" their classic silhouettes.

Here's all I can say about shape and keeping shoes the same. Reebok has been making the Classics the exact same since the early 80's with that cheap paper leather and crappy velcro straps. K-Swiss has made the same classic white low tops for an eternity and they haven't changed. Adidas has been making the shell toes and Stan Smiths identical since the 70's and 80's. Hell the AF1 coke whites are no different than from '82. So what is so hard about it for JB to make a retro exact. They did it in the mid 90's. What makes 20 years later so different.

well, superstars and stans have been in their second iteration for a while now, both with a more padded tongue. they're now "retro'ing" the original superstar as the superstar 80s. so nike isn't the only one "remastering" their classic silhouettes.

hmm, but the modern Superstars are an attempt to improve on some of the older tech of Adidas classics

JB on the other hand is "remastering" as a failed attempt to correct some of their own self-inflicted problems
They're not trying to improve the shoe, they're just claiming to fix what they've been screwing up for 15 years

So these are '89s?  They look fake to me...tongue shape...need more pics though.  Why would you want these?  If they're that old, they're not wearable.

I think those are fake @brentl22, the cut, and shape is off. Looks like some fakes from a few years back that had used the CDP shape/mold. I don't own the '99s or the CDPs, so I could be wrong. My bad G If so...​

Last edited:
those are 99's not OGs. they also are only good for collecting or sole swap. not to wear.

lol yeah don't wear those.... Saw a guy at AT&T park one time walking up a set of stairs in a pair when his sole crumbled on him, couldn't help but laugh :rofl:

:rofl:

Jordan retro thread > Jordan retro shoe

and the fact that these are now the same price as foams :x :smh:

those are 99's not OGs. they also are only good for collecting or sole swap. not to wear.

lol yeah don't wear those.... Saw a guy at AT&T park one time walking up a set of stairs in a pair when his sole crumbled on him, couldn't help but laugh :rofl:

I never understood this-you could buy a pair of Dub Zeros for next to nothing and do a sole swap relatively easily...

MY GOODNESS... I'd pay $250 Retail for a Pair of Retros precisely like this. 
pimp.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
You have very little credibility. You thought the concord XIs in blc02s avy were fake a few months ago, remember?[emoji]128545[/emoji]

Be respectful.
he helps out a lot on the LC forums.

we all do our best.

Saying he has little credibility is your perogative, but not a fact.

Back
Top Bottom