Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

You guys missed the point.

Theres no problem in wanting a pair that's close to the OG/99's.

The issue is going

"hey I'd pay $250 for a correct retro"

That's the exact mentality that has got the price of retros to $190.

The 2012 pair was $160.
They told us they were going remaster them and charge $220.
That's a $60 increase in 4 years.
They didn't change much besides the heel logo.

And yet your still going "ill pay even more!"
NO. You don't get it.

A "mentality" by itself has NEVER affected the price for anything, without ACTION.

I'm saying I'd actually pay Good Money for a Proper Retro (like most ppl would), but I will NOT spend a Single Dime until they actually do.

The price increases are simply bc the Demand remains High and folks are willing to copp, regardless of a decrease in quality.

remasterd pairs are supposed to be 190 though. why the sudden increase? just because this shoe is hyped? man JB can play us however they want. 
because asking the factories to switch a template to "NIKE AIR" is a major operation! 
grin.gif

i'm glad my favorite of all time the XIIs don't have any "nike air" 

Last edited:

remasterd pairs are supposed to be 190 though. why the sudden increase? just because this shoe is hyped? man JB can play us however they want. 

because asking the factories to switch a template to "NIKE AIR" is a major operation! >D  

i'm glad my favorite of all time the XIIs don't have any "nike air" 
Did they have it on the insole or was it fully transitioned after the 11

For $220 I want the exact same shoe MJ wore.
The exact same mold and design.
I don't need new tech cause I'm not hooping in them anyway.
And if I drop $220 and that midsole paint start chippin', I'm going on an all out social media blitz against NIKE until I get a replacement pair.

Last edited:
And if I drop $220 and that midsole paint start chippin', I'm going on an all out social media blitz against NIKE until I get a replacement pair.

I think your expectations are too high. All things considered these are pretty close. My biggest concerns for the 4s have been met, which were the toe box shape, color of grey, and the amount of speckles. Also the ankle collar looks like it sits slightly higher. Very few Nike retros look exactly like the originals. Or if the shape is the same, the leather quality suffers

Well you're wasting your time. Midsole problems wont ever change. They're going to crack cuz Nike doesnt dye anymore. So you might as well begin your blitz now.

Well you're wasting your time. Midsole problems wont ever change. They're going to crack cuz Nike doesnt dye anymore. So you might as well begin your blitz now.

Agreed. Quit now, take up knitting or underwater basket weaving, you'll never be disappointed with materials or quality

Last edited:
I think your expectations are too high. All things considered these are pretty close. My biggest concerns for the 4s have been met, which were the toe box shape, color of grey, and the amount of speckles. Also the ankle collar looks like it sits slightly higher. Very few Nike retros look exactly like the originals. Or if the shape is the same, the leather quality suffers
I know very few retros look like the original, but this is the $220 "REMASTERED" remake of the original Air Jordan 4.
It should be 95-98% exactly like the shoe MJ wore.

So the same company that makes football uniforms for 350lb grown men that get pulled, snatched, and dragged through mud and snow and don't tear or even have the slightest rip, can't get paint made that won't crack and peel on shoes worn about 10-12 times casually?????

I know very few retros look like the original, but this is the $220 "REMASTERED" remake of the original Air Jordan 4.
So the same company that makes football uniforms for 350lb grown men that get pulled, snatched, and dragged through mud and snow and don't tear or even have the slightest rip, can't get paint made that won't crack and peel on shoes worn about 10-12 times casually?????
on
You obviously get it. The others are unconsciously slaves to JB and don't even know it. Or they aren't thinking hard enough to figure out they are being played

Can't stand the Swoosh Stans that are so quick to tell someone to "Stop Complaining", when this very Forum is fueled by conversation/debate on everything involving Sneakers, from aesthetics & performance to quality, manufacturing and even marketing.

Quit being Corny & Let Folks Live.

If they want to address a True Issue... let them. Just bc there's less than a 5% chance that a corporation will actually adhere to the complaints on their BS, doesn't mean folks/fans shouldn't be able to voice their opinion on it.

While I agree that the midsoles have been absolutely terrible from 2004-2014, they have made some pretty big strides as far as durability goes with the 2015 retro run.

I've worn my oreos and columbia (legend) blues pretty heavily with absolutely zero signs of cracking.  

The paint that they were using for the past decade is not nearly as pliable as the current midsole paint being used.

While I agree that the midsoles have been absolutely terrible from 2004-2014, they have made some pretty big strides as far as durability goes with the 2015 retro run.

I've worn my oreos and columbia (legend) blues pretty heavily with absolutely zero signs of cracking.  

The paint that they were using for the past decade is not nearly as pliable as the current midsole paint being used.
So what you are telling that the quality on 2016's will be better than 2012 ? They better...esp for 220 esp for such an iconic shoe

Not all recent IVs crack. I wore the hell out of 3 pairs of 2012 WC IVs, not a single issue. Seriously, not a single mid sole issue, no cracking, no stress lines, nothing.

My Fire Reds and Militarys had problems from day one.

Not all recent IVs crack. I wore the hell out of 3 pairs of 2012 WC IVs, not a single issue. Seriously, not a single mid sole issue, no cracking, no stress lines, nothing.

My Fire Reds and Militarys had problems from day one.

Yea I casually wore and even hooped in my 2012 WC4's s and there was absolutely no issues in the midsole area

it still bothers me that the wc4 paint held up well on my pair also,but everybody has got the same paint chipping issues on bc4.

So what you are telling that the quality on 2016's will be better than 2012 ? They better...esp for 220 esp for such an iconic shoe
Quality will not take a step backwards at this stage in the game.

It wouldn't make sense to downgrade the leather and revert back to substandard midsole paint after significant progress has been made on both fronts. 

They are well aware that this pair will be heavily scrutinized.

THEY WILL NOT BE PERFECT.

There has never been a 100% accurate retro of any sneaker EVER.

Even simple sneakers like the Air force run are drastically different from their original 1982 incarnation.

Molds, tooling, and production methods all change when you're dealing with production runs that sometimes take place decades apart from each other.

Nike does not use the same factories that they did in 1989 or even 1999 for that matter.  

All of these factors impact the overall aesthetic of the sneaker.

nothing but truth here. Nike/JB picks and chooses when to give us quality and when to give us crap. They are completely capable of using better materials, better paints, and such and from time to time they do. 

Yeah. In the field of play Nike takes notice. Their brand is being displayed on a national scale, so they wont hold any punches in terms of quality. If Jordan were to play today and the 4s were a new model better believe they wouldn't crack on him. However we're consumers, JB knows they sell with the issue of cracking. So they have no need to seriously address the issue.

They are certianly using more pliable paints as of late. But in the long run they'll still chip. We can have no chipping, and a shorter lifespan. Or, we can have chipping and a longer lifespan. Im sure there's a better alternative, but it'll go into Nikes profit margin.

Last edited:

whats the big deal? 11s are 200 bucks and those arent remastered and the shape is considerably different that what the 1995 and 2001 iterations looked like. Thats like expecting a Big Mac to be made in the same size and quality that they were back in 1975.

Back
Top Bottom