Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Yeah. In the field of play Nike takes notice. Their brand is being displayed on a national scale, so they wont hold any punches in terms of quality. If Jordan were to play today and the 4s were a new model better believe they wouldn't crack on him. However we're consumers, JB knows they sell with the issue of cracking. So they have no need to seriously address the issue.

They are certianly using more pliable paints as of late. But in the long run they'll still chip. We can have no chipping, and a shorter lifespan. Or, we can have chipping and a longer lifespan. Im sure there's a better alternative, but it'll go into Nikes profit margin.
Lifespan isn't an issue because they have conditioned their consumers to buy the same shoe every four years anyway.
So give me premium paint and I'll take care of the lifespan.

whats the big deal? 11s are 200 bucks and those arent remastered and the shape is considerably different that what the 1995 and 2001 iterations looked like. Thats like expecting a Big Mac to be made in the same size and quality that they were back in 1975.
You basically validated my statements with your Big Mac analogy.
People have been complaining for two decades about the decline in the quality of the food McDonalds serves, and they really pitch a fit when they change something on the menu.
Unlike Nike, McDonalds has competition that has put a dent in their profits over the years, so the voice of the McDonalds consumer is heard loud and clear.
Nike listens, makes changes, then raises the price like they are doing us a favor.

Yeah. In the field of play Nike takes notice. Their brand is being displayed on a national scale, so they wont hold any punches in terms of quality. If Jordan were to play today and the 4s were a new model better believe they wouldn't crack on him. However we're consumers, JB knows they sell with the issue of cracking. So they have no need to seriously address the issue.

They are certianly using more pliable paints as of late. But in the long run they'll still chip. We can have no chipping, and a shorter lifespan. Or, we can have chipping and a longer lifespan. Im sure there's a better alternative, but it'll go into Nikes profit margin.
Lifespan isn't an issue because they have conditioned their consumers to buy the same shoe every four years anyway.
So give me premium paint and I'll take care of the lifespan..

Premium paint will still crack on the modern day midsoles. You're not following me. Ok, say midsole are dyed and break, will still hear complaints? Yes. I actually agree with everything you're saying. Im just telling you the way the operate things as a business. Like your fast food analogy, they need a real competitor before they actually turn to the consumers for criticism.

I totally agree with you. Just not on paying more. Nike damn well can do what they did in 89 or 99 with a $99 price and still get hella profits.

View media item 1725444

NO. You don't get it.

A "mentality" by itself has NEVER affected the price for anything, without ACTION.

I'm saying I'd actually pay Good Money for a Proper Retro (like most ppl would), but I will NOT spend a Single Dime until they actually do.

The price increases are simply bc the Demand remains High and folks are willing to copp, regardless of a decrease in quality.

If you dont see the contradictions you made in this post then there's no point in continuing.

But go ahead and hit me with another gif tho

ALL OF MY 4'S FROM 2006-PRESENT HAVE CRACKED FROM LESS THAN 5 WEARS. I wore my black/red/cement for just the 2nd time last week and it was crack city!

Last edited:
I'm in for a pair. No issue w/ the 2012 pair I have, none with my recent Oreo's. However, my BC4s, which i've worn maybe 5 times, are trash. I've had the midosle repaired, but now I'm nervous about wearing them.

airthompson airthompson so your point is the midsole is the problem, not the paint.
Well it's a sheety problem because that paint peeling looks horrible.
I'm sure it's been shared hundreds of times before, but what's a quick fix for the issue?
Got multiple 3s and 4s that need to be touched up :smh:

the recent BC4 midsole paint is horrible. Buy WC4 midsole paint is holding up, but too bad they feel like plastic.

Can't stand the Swoosh Stans that are so quick to tell someone to "Stop Complaining", when this very Forum is fueled by conversation/debate on everything involving Sneakers, from aesthetics & performance to quality, manufacturing and even marketing.

Quit being Corny & Let Folks Live.

If they want to address a True Issue... let them. Just bc there's less than a 5% chance that a corporation will actually adhere to the complaints on their BS, doesn't mean folks/fans shouldn't be able to voice their opinion on it.
View media item 1768770

Can't stand the Swoosh Stans that are so quick to tell someone to "Stop Complaining", when this very Forum is fueled by conversation/debate on everything involving Sneakers, from aesthetics & performance to quality, manufacturing and even marketing.

Quit being Corny & Let Folks Live.

If they want to address a True Issue... let them. Just bc there's less than a 5% chance that a corporation will actually adhere to the complaints on their BS, doesn't mean folks/fans shouldn't be able to voice their opinion on it.
View media item 1768770
View media item 1126048

Cavs on the other hand are fine holding up pretty well ,my bc3's are atrocious smh

Now that you mentioned it, my cav 4's are doing ok. This is the reason why I am scared to wear my 30th anniversary laser 4. Wore them 2x and they are still good.....but I know what to expect. Totally forgot about that issue until after they arrived

Why get more than one pair?  One to stock and one to rock...I get it....But you
The legend blues from this year are cracked like hell

They look terrible
That's a damn shame!  My Oreos are holding up great....probably >20 wears and zero signs of cracking.  Haven't worn my Teals yet.  Lasers seem to show some minor stress marks on the white paint (maybe 5 wears), which is extremely irritating b/c it's a great looking shoe.  Isn't the natural color of that part of the midsole white?  Why not just not paint it for those that are white in that area?  That's how the OGs were....I recall mine turning very yellow (same think for my Trainer TWs)...I prefer that to cracking!

thats why you never get more than one pair unless you plan to wear all pairs right away. they sit they crack

Wore my white infrared 6 right away and they still crack. I think it's just the nature of the paint they used. More environmentally friendly paint are always less durable.

Last edited:
^its the midsole composition, they changed it in 2006 and midsole have been cracking ever since. You will notice however that non of the 06-present midsoles crumble.

99 retro 4s were crumbling long before 2009, I challenge ANYONE to find a pair of 2006 4s, which are almost 10 years old, that is crumbling.

It's a shame too because my bc4's are clean except for the midsole paint peeling on the medial sides on both .wc4's are tanks hard pleather on those are like steel :lol: no cracks what so ever on mines

Last edited:
My wc have held up great. My bc on the other hand cracked after my 2nd or 3rd wear. kinda makes me feel better that many of you have had the same experience and I didn't get a bad pair. That being said im very excited to grab a new pair of these. This will be my 4th pair of wc4s

Back
Top Bottom