Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Have you seen them in hand?
the supremes, yes. These, no. But from what i can obviously see in retail pairs from folks like ds dan, they are not the same.

These aren't the 2011, pair. These are b grade 2007 pairs with nike air and no 23

Honestly the front of the tongue is lowkey bothering me I want the same 3M tongue from the supreme 5s and other 5s models

If I had the money, I'd buy them and midsole swap it. When the sekrit 1995 sample came, I was about to buy them just to make people mad. 

Last edited:
These are worth the $220 simply due to the stitched 23 being removed. Always hated that on the post OG releases.

Nice touch with Tevin :D

Yeah Definitely. I know his PE had the 23, but I did not like it on the side, especially that the font was smaller.

The 2000 retro didn't have the 23 stitched on as well.
The 2000 and 2016 black/metallic 5s actually look most similar.
Just wondering how the toe box is shaped.
2000 retro was quite close to the ogs. Any retro 5 since 2011 has that super bulky toe box shape.
The ogs had a durabuck that looked oily after a while. Same was on the ogs 4 and 6 durabuck.

So the 2000 is similar in the toe box area in that it is slanted inward and not boxy like all shoes should be. However, the cut of the front part of the toe box on the 2000's is not as big as the ogs.

The 2016 is similar to the ogs in that they got the cut of the front portion of the toe box right, but it is too boxy/bulky and doesnt slant the way it should. Think flight 89 toe boxes vs recent AJ IV Toe Boxes.

OG
View media item 20522752000
View media item 20522772016
View media item 2052290

View media item 2052272View media item 2052273

Last edited:
Yeah Definitely. I know his PE had the 23, but I did not like it on the side, especially that the font was smaller.
So the 2000 is similar in the toe box area in that it is slanted inward and not boxy like all shoes should be. However, the cut of the front part of the toe box on the 2000's is not as big as the ogs.

The 2016 is similar to the ogs in that they got the cut of the front portion of the toe box right, but it is too boxy/bulky and doesnt slant the way it should. Think flight 89 toe boxes vs recent AJ IV Toe Boxes.

OG

Nobody likes slanted toe boxes except OG stans tho. The 

2000 and Flight 89 style is how it should be.

Last edited:

This comment makes no sense.  The Flight 89 is an example of modern shoe that has the OG-like slant....
There's a difference between clown shoe slant that you see on the OG 3's and 5's and what you get on  99-2000 3\4\5.

Last edited:

This comment makes no sense.  The Flight 89 is an example of modern shoe that has the OG-like slant....
There's a difference between clown shoe slant that you see on the OG 3's and 5's and what you get on  99-2000 3\4\5.

A slant is a slant. Now your back-tracking from your original statement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom