Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Sole is gonna yellow anyways so it really doesn't matter to me what happens with the sole

Sole is gonna yellow anyways so it really doesn't matter to me what happens with the sole
yeah but with the translucent or blue sole it takes much longer. Maroons and 72-10s cane already yellow fresh out of retail stores

Milky, whatever it still wasn't blue. I'll take a yellow sole over the blue tint on these any day. OG's never had the blue tint but every OG eventually yellowed, so for me it's the way they should be.

Milky, whatever it still wasn't blue. I'll take a yellow sole over the blue tint on these any day. OG's never had the blue tint but every OG eventually yellowed, so for me it's the way they should be.

I with you on that, been too long waiting for these to drop. For $220 and "evolved remastering" they should have the correct translucent soles..

View media item 1861344
Off topic...threw these on last night WHEWWWWWWW so nice...got em from eb that day yall posted that code that wasn't supposed 2 work...got for like 160 shipped

Last edited:
Need these in my life. My 07 pair is DS but yellowed. Didnt like the last release. Is the Nike Air confirmed on these?

Last edited by a moderator:

Only OGs with the tint was Columbias right? Those were the only ones that should have been retro'ed with it

Only OGs with the tint was Columbias right? Those were the only ones that should have been retro'ed with it
Customers kept complaining about the icy soles yellowing quickly so they did the tint to slow it down.  Just like when customers complain that the leather kept creasing that why that plastic leather was used on some of the retros like the 4s, 5s, and 6s (2011-2014).

Customers kept complaining about the icy soles yellowing quickly so they did the tint to slow it down.  Just like when customers complain that the leather kept creasing that why that plastic leather was used on some of the retros like the 4s, 5s, and 6s (2011-2014).

I'm well aware of the thought process Sak.

Don't pretend the leather was anything but a lucky accident of cost cutting procedures.

In my experience the blue tint ends up with a very ugly yellowing. Clear yellows but least it doesn't look like piss as quickly

I'm well aware of the thought process Sak.

Don't pretend the leather was anything but a lucky accident of cost cutting procedures.

In my experience the blue tint ends up with a very ugly yellowing. Clear yellows but least it doesn't look like piss as quickly
True, I'm not sure about the tint yellowing worser than the clear but what you said about the leather is spot on.

That's what I always hear people speculate, but when has JB actually listened to consumers? They used cheaper leather not to combat creasing, but to save money. They went away from using high quality translucent rubber outsoles to cheaper faster yellowing outsoles to save money. They act like they were doing us a favor, but they didnt do a damn thing.

Personally I'm cool with the soles yellowing because sole saver and all that other bs isn't going to save the soles. Now if jb could find ways to do different colored soles for other cws like the alternate 5 lows (red soles) Carolina 5s, quais, etc etc the yellowing complaints would end.

Just like airthompson airthompson said, I never believed the blue tint was too slow down yellowing. Back in the day one of the easiest ways to spot fakes with translucent soles was they had the blue tint, I think JB just started using that same cheap rubber and that's where the blue tint came from.

If the sole is anything like the blk chrome 6 lows I will be happy. Not to blue. Idk if the white under the sole helps it not. But they didn't over do it with those.

Funny how we go from 160 to 220 in a matter of years. Took over 15 years to get from 85 to 150.

If the sole is anything like the blk chrome 6 lows I will be happy. Not to blue. Idk if the white under the sole helps it not. But they didn't over do it with those.

Funny how we go from 160 to 220 in a matter of years. Took over 15 years to get from 85 to 150.
same with gas. took 100 years to reach a dollar, overnight it went to almost 5 bucks. 

same with gas. took 100 years to reach a dollar, overnight it went to almost 5 bucks. 

The common theme between those two is it became a business. Granted energy dwarfs Nike sneaker sales......I was surprised when I heard sneaker reselling is a $1.2 billion dollar industry annually in the US. There is that recent Comedy Central piece, in it the statement was reselling on Nike product alone generates more profit then the next closest sneaker company. So second to Nike's profits are reselling of Nikes......that'll drive prices up fast.

Last edited:
Don't care about the sole business at all. Get the mesh on the tongue right and I'm tripling up.

Don't care about the sole business at all. Get the mesh on the tongue right and I'm tripling up.
The mesh/netting on the tongue is right (clear color) the reason why this is even in question is because of the pictures of those unauthorized pairs that are posted in the thread have black mesh/netting on the tongue and "Jordan" on the outsole.  If you look at the article Nike posted about the Jordan "new remaster" process then you would see the mesh/netting is clear and "Nike" is on the outsole of the sample pair they were teased.  

Gonna pass on this one and going for the b/reds instead. I'm interested on how this plays out once these drop tho

Wear any of the recent retros (the last 3 or 4 years anyways) and they'll quickly be clear, and will begin to yellow before you know it. IMO, the blue tint is a non issue if you actually wear your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom