Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I just visited Finish Line out of curiosity to see if these were still in stock. And what do you know, they are. Still have sizes 8 - 14. And an even bigger surprise is that I have $20 winners circle points I had forgot about. So I'll gladly cop a pair at $212. Funny, because I hadn't plan on copping these lol

Last edited:
so far ive only seen 4 people wearing these. 

1 female proabably paid way less than 220

and the other 3 were dudes. 

either the price was too freaking high or dudes are waiting for these sneakers to be absolute to bring theres out

so far ive only seen 4 people wearing these. 

1 female proabably paid way less than 220

and the other 3 were dudes. 

either the price was too freaking high or dudes are waiting for these sneakers to be absolute to bring theres out
so what r you saying, No one is wearing these?

they just holding on to them? or didn't buy them at all?

Pair from ndc came in but did anyone else get a plain jordan box instead of the 5s box?

Cool thanks for the response. Just another quick question. Did you keep the stuffing/toe shaper things? inside the shoes or take it all out? And ok to keep them laced or should I remove? For the unworn pair I already removed the tissue paper the shoes came wrapped in but kept them boxed as is, and chilling in my closet. No zip lock bags no silica packs.

For indefinite storage, I keep the cardboard "feet" and the tissue paper underneath them in the shoes to maintain the shape. Just like if they're fresh from the store.

If they came factory laced I leave them like that (fun fact - the 2000 black Vs did NOT come laced).

I do NOT use plastic bags, silica packs, nor do I ever shrink wrap anything. I don't believe a highly excessive amount of moisture is a good thing, but I do believe the TOTAL constriction of nearly all oxygen and moisture will kill the materials quickly and probably prematurely cause them to crumble to dust upon re-exposure to the environment. Unless you're living in tropical Africa, I don't think the normal generally minuscule amount of moisture in the air is going to do a lot of harm to stored shoes in a closet.

For the shoes I wear, I generally don't re-stuff them with the stuffing materials. It's just too inconvenient when all I want to do is grab a pair from the closet and go. Besides, worn shoes crease. No way around it. As Agent Smith would say, "It is inevitable, Mr. Anderson."

It's true. For those who have been following this thread, "elementary school playground busted" shoes are an inevitability. :lol:

I keep the cardboard inserts, paper in the box, etc. I keep my shoes just like they came. If I wear them I let them air out the rest of the night and then put the cardboard insert and toe pack back in the shoe. That pushes the material back out to its original shape. In fact packing more toe pack into a shoe increases the chance that the shoe will go back to its original shape. In doing this, my Trainer Huaraches don't look like they've been worn other than the dirty sole.

Well, I've got pair one in from my NDC orders, and I've gotta say... Nike did an outstanding job on this release! This pair is damn-near flawless. There's only an ever so slight crease on the inner area of the left shoe's toe box, where the shoe will crease naturally after wear. I also noticed the E on Nike is a bit lower than the K, but I'm not even sure you could consider that a flaw. It's like that on both pairs, and every detail is symmetrical on both. The OCD in me is very content with this purchase. The fact I only paid $135 for this pair makes it even sweeter. Great work Nike! Looks like all of the complaints finally paid off, and their quality control team really stepped it up.

Ya know, everywhere I turn I hear people crying about that 220 price point, and making little weak *** excuses why these aren't worth that. Saying dumb **** like "it's just a black-nubuck shoe"......

First off, this is high end casual wear. The fact that you can buy it at places that sell Chucks, or every kid you walk pass has on a pair doesn't change that fact. People need to stop acting dumb. Air Jordans are to sneakers what Bentley is to cars.

And secondly: THEY GIVE US A WHOLE DAMN YEAR TO COME UP WITH THE FUNKY LITTLE 220+ TAX. WE KNOW THE PRICE OF THESE SHOES A YEAR OUT, AND ******S STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICE COME RELEASE.

Example: The New Corvettes are incredible. Best looking Vette since the 90's. But I can not afford that car. But if Chevy showed us pics 5 years in advance and gave us a price and release date, I'd had the down payment money ready and waiting . Saving tax returns and putting away cash every PD.

Dude, we're spoiled rotten right now with Jordans, and all I see is dudes griping.

Kind of a poor analogy considering many of us plan to purchase more than one pair of Jordan retros per year. That doesn't excuse the fact they're overcharging for a shoe that should retail for $175 max. Comparing Bentleys to Jordan retros is just ridiculous.

Cool thanks for the response. Just another quick question. Did you keep the stuffing/toe shaper things? inside the shoes or take it all out? And ok to keep them laced or should I remove? For the unworn pair I already removed the tissue paper the shoes came wrapped in but kept them boxed as is, and chilling in my closet. No zip lock bags no silica packs.

I recommend storing them in acid-free archival bags. They're open-ended, so the shoes can still breathe. I have all my deadstock pairs stored this way, and even my Raging Bull Pack is still icy as can be for shoes that released in 2009. I only mess with the laces if they're twisted at any of the eyelets. I recommend pulling the lace lock as well so the laces don't have permanent deformities from being smashed.

Here's a link to the bags I use...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...al+bags.TRS0&_nkw=life+archival+bags&_sacat=0

I can vouch for the force fields comfort. It might take some getting used to but after a while you won't even notice them there. They have done a great job in preserving all of my 3-6s. They will eventually crease but it will be slowed down dramatically. Worth every penny.

I like to keep my shoes stored as if they just came from the store. So do the force fields fit with the cardboard cartons stored inside the shoe as well?

Ya know, everywhere I turn I hear people crying about that 220 price point, and making little weak *** excuses why these aren't worth that. Saying dumb **** like "it's just a black-nubuck shoe"......

First off, this is high end casual wear. The fact that you can buy it at places that sell Chucks, or every kid you walk pass has on a pair doesn't change that fact. People need to stop acting dumb. Air Jordans are to sneakers what Bentley is to cars.

And secondly: THEY GIVE US A WHOLE DAMN YEAR TO COME UP WITH THE FUNKY LITTLE 220+ TAX. WE KNOW THE PRICE OF THESE SHOES A YEAR OUT, AND ******S STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICE COME RELEASE.

Example: The New Corvettes are incredible. Best looking Vette since the 90's. But I can not afford that car. But if Chevy showed us pics 5 years in advance and gave us a price and release date, I'd had the down payment money ready and waiting . Saving tax returns and putting away cash every PD.

Dude, we're spoiled rotten right now with Jordans, and all I see is dudes griping.
This is terrible.

I'm cool with the higher price making it and easy copp, but i think Id rather take my chances at a lower price instead of paying more

fight me

Last edited:
The premise was ok, the delivery needed work. 

I get it sucks paying 220.00 but we've known they'd be 220.00 since the Maroon VI drop. If I was cash strapped I would have done what he said and saved away monthly. Hopefully most people who are buying these can afford to put away 30-35 a month. 

Honestly at this junction I'm fine and resigned to the 220.00 price, if they are this type of quality or better. I'd like them to be cheaper, but JB has zero interest in turning back. The price isn't going to drop like Nike did with the KD and Bron, unless every model/colorway sits and hits those type of deep discounts. So the best we have is for them to be flat, and the retailers to allow us to use the reward coupons on them. 

I'm probably more willing to accept this as I've bought less and less through out the years. From 30 or more pairs in 2013 to only 2 Cement IVs, 2 BM V's, 2 Trophy VIIIs, a Confetti VIII and 2 Flu XIIs. 

Best of Both Worlds!
devil.gif

Threw them on this AM only to find out these run on the snug side. Its not a major dealbreaker for me or anything and I probably wont exchange them but JB needs to be more consistent with their sizing.

Overall tho, JB nailed these aside from the pricing.

Last edited:
You guys with your droopy E problems should see the latest tech challenge 4 retro.

AIR off center from Nike. Though apparently it matches he original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom