Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

not to sound like an ***, but it hasn't been pasted because that guy is known for his impossible to understand commentary on his very fake early releases
Lol ok. I just saw it show up on my feed. I thought it was odd no one had mentioned it but I see why.

Mann, still 3 months out.. :smh: I been lookin forward to these more than any other drops this year.. Remind me of Middle School. It's a shame Nike/JB won't drop em with the OG shape, the bunk pairs starting to look like the real deal.

Mann, still 3 months out.. :smh: I been lookin forward to these more than any other drops this year.. Remind me of Middle School. It's a shame Nike/JB won't drop em with the OG shape, the bunk pairs starting to look like the real deal.

I feel you agzie agzie , I'm passing on the Black & Red 12's, so I can possibly triple up on these. I'm just praying they turn out good. These are one of my favorite Jordan's of all-time. I'm actually feeling the toe box, on those UA's.

I hope we get the Black Supreme 5's durabuck, and better 3M. If we could get the 2000 retro 3M, that would definitely justify the $220+ price. I wouldn't mind paying it at all.

Overall, the shape on those UA's was nice IMO. But, I wasn't feeling the suede like material used. The "E", in Nike is still hella off. (Yes, I know they're GM's) I also had to watch the vid on mute. That Ratchet dudes vocabulary makes me ears bleed.

Last edited:

Aside from the jumpman on the lace lock and the corky E on Nike this is basically what we're getting, right? These are looking real nice to me.

Dat toebox 
eek.gif

Last edited:

Aside from the jumpman on the lace lock and the corky E on Nike this is basically what we're getting, right? These are looking real nice to me.

Dat toebox :wow:  
call me crazy but i seriously doubt that's what we'll get. Im sure we'll get what was shown in the Nike preview which looks different than these early pairs whether people admit it or not

All these early pairs look cheap as hell

Last edited:

Dat toebox 
eek.gif

There's a UA with a Nike lacelock.
call me crazy but i seriously doubt that's what we'll get. Im sure we'll get what was shown in the Nike preview which looks different than these early pairs whether people admit it or not

All these early pairs look cheap as hell
They don't that much.

Blue Soles: Check

Nikebuck: Check

Supreme 5 toebox: ?

Nike Outsole: Check

Last edited:
3m is a company that makes reflective material. Im sure JB doesnt use them currently for their products seeing that the reflective material has been cheap for the last 10 years and 3m is the top of the spectrum as far as their quality of products is concerned. I still dont know why people call reflective material a company name(3m)

3m is a company that makes reflective material. Im sure JB doesnt use them currently for their products seeing that the reflective material has been cheap for the last 10 years and 3m is the top of the spectrum as far as their quality of products is concerned. I still dont know why people call reflective material a company name(3m)

It's for the same reason people call tissue paper, Kleenex.

Also, 3M has been a supplier to Nike before.

Last edited:
Vaseline vs. Petroleum Jelly; Pampers vs. Diapers; Windex vs. Glass Cleaner.

Sometimes the brand name sticks even if you don't purchase it.

3M might not be making this material that is now supplied to Nike. I'd be curious to see when the 25 year patent for this stuff ran out.

3M might not be making this material that is now supplied to Nike. I'd be curious to see when the 25 year patent for this stuff ran out.

US patents run 20 years if valid. 3M has a ridiculous amount of patents, not sure which one, if any apply to a specific shoe. Use google patents to search if interested. There are several under scotchlite.

We use 3M reflective products in the garments we produce, there are other similar companies that offer the same. Doesn't seem like Nike has ever needed or been interested in co-branding with 3M.

3m 13s were pretty decent

My point was that 3m is a company that sells many products. Target sells many products under the market name, so when we eat their cereal, we don't say, Man that target was really good today, or refer to all cereal as target.

Back
Top Bottom