Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I can google these 'on feet' and come back with pics but are those UA and GM pairs? The pics from Nike really don't show much.

That was a good
laugh.gif
bruh....​

Last edited:
Yes, prepare to have your ankle bone on each side fully covered. As well as a higher achilles, which some people find uncomfortable
No, especially not the garbage low IV's JB has been shilling for the last 16 years. It's practically a Sperry Topsider at this point
Low Top 4's look cooler than the big old 89's IMHO. Unless you're hoopin it doesn't matter, and really the new generation prefers it.

WC 99>16>89>12

My ($.01 + $0.01)

Last edited:
Yes, prepare to have your ankle bone on each side fully covered. As well as a higher achilles, which some people find uncomfortable
No, especially not the garbage low IV's JB has been shilling for the last 16 years. It's practically a Sperry Topsider at this point
The 2016 White, Fire Red, Black, and Tech Grey 4s cover my ankle, they're lower than the 1989 version but they're not that low to be considered a low top.

I was comparing the 2016 white cement 4s to these metallic 5s. Is there a significant difference in height?

I was comparing the 2016 white cement 4s to these metallic 5s. Is there a significant difference in height?
In tongue size as well as where the Ankle rest

Older model pic

but still apply to the example

Last edited:
Do we know Nubuck or Durabuck? The pics so far scare me.

Last edited:
The blue always fades im sure it was added to prolong the yellowing I'd suggest if u want but don't like the blue then buy put em up let em turn then wear em, most if not all my Jordan's end up goin clear before I evn get a chance to wear em anyway. But each individual has there preference....

I have a pair of Laneys from 2013 that are still ice blue like the day I got them. I'm kinda shocked really. Not a spot of discoloration at all.

The blue always fades im sure it was added to prolong the yellowing I'd suggest if u want but don't like the blue then buy put em up let em turn then wear em, most if not all my Jordan's end up goin clear before I evn get a chance to wear em anyway. But each individual has there preference....

JB doesn't care about yellowing, never has and never will. If anything, they want shoes to yellow faster so that consumers will purchase another re-release.

I'll say it again. The black metallic V looks best when all yellowed. My 2006 pair is piss yellow. Like you drank a liter of Mountain Dew and took a piss after.

That's how yellow it is, it looks great. In my opinion.

Can't wait till the 2016 pair is yellow. Make it look better than it is.

Last edited:
Well, Black Metallics definitely don't look best with this bright *** blue they were using on the 5's back in 2013. Clear sole is still the way to go.

3m is a company that makes reflective material. Im sure JB doesnt use them currently for their products seeing that the reflective material has been cheap for the last 10 years and 3m is the top of the spectrum as far as their quality of products is concerned. I still dont know why people call reflective material a company name(3m)

Da BIN V's got that super heavy duty reflect so that IDK....

Last edited:
JB doesn't care about yellowing, never has and never will. If anything, they want shoes to yellow faster so that consumers will purchase another re-release.
Honestly I want them to yellow quicker so I can scoop up deals on the market. Yellow soles till the day I die.

I'll say it again. The black metallic V looks best when all yellowed. My 2006 pair is piss yellow. Like you drank a liter of Mountain Dew and took a piss after.

That's how yellow it is, it looks great. In my opinion.

Can't wait till the 2016 pair is yellow. Make it look better than it is.

This.

I've been wearing my 06's non-stop and they still don't age the same way as my 00s though. My 00s have developed a very dark caramel color. Looks so good to me. It'd be cool to see them go back to the old clear outsole material they used from 00-02. It was super glossy and crystal clear compared to what we've been seeing since the 03 XI IE's.

Sidenote: Were the Jordan Vs the first shoe to use a clear sole with an image underneath? I recall seeing Adidas in the late 90s with the Trefoil logo under a clear sole, but Don't know if it was something they did prior to 1990.

Back
Top Bottom