NIKE AIR MAX 2013 - First Look Spring 2013

As you can see from the pics of my ID's at the top of the page, the tongue doesn't stick up so high like the pics on Nike.  When fully laced and tied up, the tongue barely sticks out at all.  Took mine for an easy 8 mile run today and was suprised how comfortable they were for a first wear.  I read on here how others said they were a little stiff out of the box, and I think they are a little bit, but not as bad as I was expecting.  I think these will break in nicely.  They are also a lot lighter to run in than I expected.  Its a nice shoe.

From all I can tell, the EXT has the writing NIKE, with the check below it. And the regular 2013s have AIRMAX wrote in huge lettering. Both on the heal.

i forgot the difference between the regular and EXT again??

the EXT version of the 2013 are nubuck and are geared less for performance and more for casual wear.

i saw them today at Finishline and thought they looked horrible.

Last edited:
the EXT version of the 2013 are nubuck and are geared less for performance and more for casual wear.

i saw them today at Finishline and thought they looked horrible.

Yeah, pretty much anything that Nike puts out with EXT(extension) its just an extension of that colorway for lifestyle. You'll notice that all EXT models are in the brown sportswear box and not the regular orange Nike box.

recent pick up

Last edited:
Just got my volts from ndc. More yellow than green. Very comfy. Maybe even more so than the 2009s. Too loud for me though, but I guess it's because I'm getting old.

for those who did id's....just got the email saying they started production....how much longer did it take you to get them since the production email?

What are you talking about? If you dont like the colors that are out right now, just wait. these just came out and will be available in the future in all kinds of colors. If you do not like what Nike offers now, then you can customize a pair to your liking, which you will have to pay extra for and wait a month to receive. As far as the tongue goes, i'm at a lose for words. 
^^ are you really that worked up about the tongue?
I think you misread my tone in my post.  I wasn't "worked up" about the tongue, I was simply confused as to whether or not they were different variations of the sneaker (e.g. whether the longer tongue was indicative of the Responsive Sockliner, while the shorter was the Soft, or vice versa - or whether the longer tongue was the "EXT" model, etc.).  I don't think anyone could argue those pictures show an unrealistic tongue length difference, so it wasn't readily obvious to me that these were the identical sneaker just shown at slightly different "poses".  I posted to educate anyone who had the same question as me.

You can use a discount code on the Squadron blue, White, and Red colorways on Eastbay. Weird the all black is excluded.

You can use a discount code on the Squadron blue, White, and Red colorways on Eastbay. Weird the all black is excluded.

all-black would be most popular... SMH, they took the Squadron Blue off exclusion list RIGHT AFTER the 20% off coupon promo ended...

all-black would be most popular... SMH, they took the Squadron Blue off exclusion list RIGHT AFTER the 20% off coupon promo ended...

:lol: Yeah it always happens when you want buy with discount but it's excluded then they are not excluded when the code expires. Well they do have a 15% code (URLEBC52). Hopefully they don't put the restriction back on when I get a 25% code for renewing my Gold Club membership at the end of the month. Do you have on feet pics of the Squads? I want to see if the silver AIR MAX lettering is a deal breaker. Thanks.

Not sure why it took them so long, but the volts are finally on FINL.com. Plan on grabbing those and the reds. Really liking the blue pair as well. Too much money will be spent on this model. I am growing to like these more than the '09s. Can't believe it.

:lol: Yeah it always happens when you want buy with discount but it's excluded then they are not excluded when the code expires. Well they do have a 15% code (URLEBC52). Hopefully they don't put the restriction back on when I get a 25% code for renewing my Gold Club membership at the end of the month. Do you have on feet pics of the Squads? I want to see if the silver AIR MAX lettering is a deal breaker. Thanks.

when I was trying them on a few days ago

Just got my volts from ndc. More yellow than green. Very comfy. Maybe even more so than the 2009s. Too loud for me though, but I guess it's because I'm getting old.

lmao

i feel the same way about the reds now actually.

the attention is getting a lil annoying now, it makes me feel kinda weird for my age of 27.

i think i might sell them i only wore them 3 times now.....

my aunt who i saw few days ago was laughing at "those bright red shoes, ooo you kids".......

aunt is in her 70s........i got OLD fam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom