Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

Yeah I get the whole supply driving demand theory, but why they didn't release at least in limited quantities an allstar based shoe in the US is what is a head scratcher to me.

They do odd S... sometimes.. but they also are always trying to grow their Asian Market and if saying they are giving them their own release can help that... they figure why not.... especially when they are offering all Sig ALL STAR kicks domestically

Yeah I see what you're saying. Speaking on that, do Asian countries really spend money on kicks the way we do over here? Or as you said, the limited releases over there part: are they helping to grow the sneaker culture there too? A little off topic but I didn't think people over there would shell out the equivalent of $225 for these hyperposites, maybe I'm just ignorant on that...

Originally Posted by NikeDealer  

If the Lebron Cork is given to every store in two size runs.. it sits. If the Jordan Concord is given to each store in five size runs... they dont all sell. Sure we all may think it may but it wouldnt.
Wait, I thought that was how many released with Corks not being at every store. Im pretty sure they would equal out to that amount of about 26 pairs to a store.

The Asian market is HUGE.  If it werent Nike wouldnt market the way it does there.  Its very important to getting a hold on the market share.

Yeah I see what you're saying. Speaking on that, do Asian countries really spend money on kicks the way we do over here? Or as you said, the limited releases over there part: are they helping to grow the sneaker culture there too? A little off topic but I didn't think people over there would shell out the equivalent of $225 for these hyperposites, maybe I'm just ignorant on that...

From my experience, yes. I date an Asian girl , and even her family from Taiwan are into sneakers.(the younger ones Moreso) We're shown the oriental world as if it's vastly different... It is not. China and the us will eventually.swap positions, with the us being the producer, and China being the consumer.

As such, There's a large middle class to market items to. The middle class spends, usually to not look poor AND appear more affluent. Areas where the us does business tend to get somewhat Americanized. This leads to materialism.

Probably one of the reasons D Wade signed with Li Ning.

Last edited:
From my experience, yes. I date an Asian girl , and even her family from Taiwan are into sneakers.(the younger ones Moreso) We're shown the oriental world as if it's vastly different... It is not. China and the us will eventually.swap positions, with the us being the producer, and China being the consumer.

As such, There's a large middle class to market items to. The middle class spends, usually to not look poor AND appear more affluent. Areas where the us does business tend to get somewhat Americanized. This leads to materialism.

Probably one of the reasons D Wade signed with Li Ning.

I doubt the US ever becomes the producer considering the whole minimum wage/union associated with manufacturing. They produce in China because of cheap labor. Until that changes I seriously doubt the US ever becomes a producer.

DWade singed with Li Ning because of the Chinese market and because they gave him a stake in the company.

malone.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered my 4th pair (Obsidian). These are absolutely one of my favorite court shoes of 2012, they are a little heavy, but honestly once i started playing in them the weight wasn't an issue.

most of you guys rock these only for the courts? or do you wear them casually as well?
I dont think they look as nice with jeans/pants. These look nicer with shorts so i'd wear them in the summer here in ny.

Jimmy Jazz has the browns and crimsons both for 179.99

I have worn them with pants, but yes, I do feel as though they would look better with shorts when it gets warmer.

I actually have not played in these on the court.

Yes.

Just to give an example:

People here spend $400 on the Bred 11s and Thunders.

$300 for the Kobe BHMs.

$500 for the Jordan 3 '88.

$360 for the AJ4 Cavs.

SRP + $20 for the AJ1 Black Royals.

SRP for the Hyperposites Statue of Liberty's. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
most of you guys rock these only for the courts? or do you wear them casually as well?
I dont think they look as nice with jeans/pants. These look nicer with shorts so i'd wear them in the summer here in ny.

Jimmy Jazz has the browns and crimsons both for 179.99
I wear my atomic green ones with jeans and its comfortable but after wearing them for a whole day they tend to hurt my feet. I think these are more ideal for the court than all day casual wear.

I'd been wearing my Hyperposites on the court since November, but would wear them off the court sometimes as well. My Hyperposites actually had a tongue loop snap a few days ago and I just sent them back to Nike today. Hopefully I get a voucher so I can get another pair of Hyperposites. It's definitely my favorite on court shoe from this season.

I wonder  since they discontinued these bad boys if they are going to shoot up in value?

Last edited:
I got a chance to hoop in my crimsons over the weekend.  Great support, and they ride close to the ground.  Honestly forgot about having them on, that being a good thing...

Size wise, I'm a steady 14 in the Swoosh, and that's what size I have in these...basically perfect fit.  To each his own on sizing I guess.

I'll probably pick up another pair on clearance.  I wish I was closer to an outlet, I've seen people post straight up steals on Hyperposites they've gotten at the outlets. 

I doubt the US ever becomes the producer considering the whole minimum wage/union associated with manufacturing. They produce in China because of cheap labor. Until that changes I seriously doubt the US ever becomes a producer.

DWade singed with Li Ning because of the Chinese market and because they gave him a stake in the company.

Ot for sure, but as our unemployment rate goes up, and their middle class grows, someone in the US will be able to make them more of a profit. They already own several of our monuments. It might 20-50 years away, but the age of America has already ended, as economists point to China surpassing us as the number one economy by 2016.

Once Nike moves the factories here, im gettin a job there, and im making unofficial CWs everyday at lunch .

Just got area 72$... Loving em, if you like these grab em before they're gone

Last edited:
I wear mine casually most of the time... but i did shoot around in em.... very comfy imo.... dang is nike planning on releasing any mre cw?!
Been a while....

I just ordered my 4th pair (Obsidian). These are absolutely one of my favorite court shoes of 2012, they are a little heavy, but honestly once i started playing in them the weight wasn't an issue.
I LOVE the Obsidian Hyperposites. I agree with what you said. They are a little heavy, but once you start playing in them you don't notice. The support on these shoes is great! Besides that, the shoes are damn near indestructible. I've played in mine for a few months and you cant tell. All you have to do is wipe them off and they look brand spanking new. This is my favorite shoe to play in currently.

To the other people who are asking, go a half size up.

Back
Top Bottom