Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

View media item 2474884
This info is from nike. Have people really not seen how the vaporfly 4%/ Zoomfly and the elite 9 look the same?

Also the streak 6 was made at the same time as the Vaporfly 4% so it going to stay like it is. Both shoes have the use of a plate in them and they even have the same outsole design done by nikes new data computer which maps out the outsole when you tell it where you want grip on a shoe (its basically an F1 computer program redone to work out outoles). The computer even did the Elite 9 outsole.

The "point" at the heel is supposed to give the shoes a more aerodynamic profile but is really doesn't. What it does is make nikes running shoes look even more unique so expect to see it on nike spikes and other running shoes, along with the nike tick moving to the front like the streak 5/ Vaporfly 4% on track spike and racing road shoes.

Last edited:
Oh wow, where'd you get that information? Nike product tech catalog for running specialty? (Not meaning to come off as calling you out, just genuinely curious)
So far as I know, the pronounced heel point on the 4% Elite is specifically to elongate the shoe for aerodynamics. Are you saying that's an ineffective design area? Why'd they keep it on the shoes used in the Breaking2 attempt? And the Streak and 4% aren't the only shoes with plates in them. It's a standard on racing flats across pretty much every company.
The Elite and 4% for sure look similar, but aesthetics are one thing, tech is another.

Last edited:
Has anyone run in the Elite 9 and the Pegasus 33/34? The 34 is basically my everyday running shoe, but I wanted something for speed work. Just wondering if the Elite 9 is too close to the Pegasus? I've tried the Flyknit Streak 6 which was pretty good but I felt like I need a little more support.

Has anyone run in the Elite 9 and the Pegasus 33/34? The 34 is basically my everyday running shoe, but I wanted something for speed work. Just wondering if the Elite 9 is too close to the Pegasus? I've tried the Flyknit Streak 6 which was pretty good but I felt like I need a little more support.

I have the Elite 9, Flyknit Streak 6, and the Pegasus 34. I think the Elite 9 are somewhere between the Streak and the Pegasus. They are light and they feel fast.

I have both. The elite 9 is fantastic. It has zoom in the forefoot though, whereas the peg has zoom in the forefoot and heel.
I have the Elite 9, Flyknit Streak 6, and the Pegasus 34. I think the Elite 9 are somewhere between the Streak and the Pegasus. They are light and they feel fast.
Thanks guys. I think I'll order a pair of the Elite 9.

I do wish they had some better colors though.

Last edited:
My brother runs in both and loves the elite 9. He is on the hunt for more colourways and has been using them for marathon training

I just retired my Elite 9s after 250+ miles (replaced them with the new Zoom Flys), great lightweight and speedy runner. Totally recommended if you're a midfoot or forefoot striker (heel strikers will not benefit from it much since the zoom air is in the forefoot).

If you're around size 11-12 NDC has the white/blue/volt colorway on clearance for $76 using the SUMMER20 coupon https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-zoom-elite-9-mens-running-shoe/pid-11239109/pgid-11994265

Also I retired my Pegasus 33s after 250+ miles with another pair of 33s instead of the 34s since the black/white 33s were on clearance for $72 at NDC with the coupon.

I just retired my Elite 9s after 250+ miles (replaced them with the new Zoom Flys), great lightweight and speedy runner. Totally recommended if you're a midfoot or forefoot striker (heel strikers will not benefit from it much since the zoom air is in the forefoot).

I got the Zoom Flys and on my first run with it (5 miles) I set a new PR. However, after my 2nd and 3rd 5 mile runs, I now have issues with my right inside ankle being really sore. I have a feeling this is because I'm most likely a heel striker and noticed some stability issues with the inside heel with the Zoom Fly. My normal running shoes are the Pegasus 33.

I got the Zoom Flys and on my first run with it (5 miles) I set a new PR. However, after my 2nd and 3rd 5 mile runs, I now have issues with my right inside ankle being really sore. I have a feeling this is because I'm most likely a heel striker and noticed some stability issues with the inside heel with the Zoom Fly. My normal running shoes are the Pegasus 33.
What was your main running shoe before the Pegasus 33?

Flyknit Lunar 3. I only got into running a few years ago, but the 33s have been my favorite so far.
Maybe you need a little firmness in your shoe. Like the 33 and the Flyknit Lunar are firmer than the Zoom Fly (minus that plate in the front of the shoe).

you and I have the same issue. High right ankle is sore for me when I run in the Zoom Flys as well and the 33s are my usual running shoe. To the guy above I don't think the Zoom Flys have a Zoom air unit in them it's just a carbon plate and then the new foam midsole

Last edited:
you and I have the same issue. High right ankle is sore for me when I run in the Zoom Flys as well and the 33s are my usual running shoe. To the guy above I don't think the Zoom Flys have a Zoom air unit in them it's just a carbon plate and then the new foam midsole
Interesting. I believe I'm a overpronator so maybe it has something to do with that?

I'll most likely get another pair of the 33 or 34, but am deciding between the Streak 6 or Elite 9 as my speed day shoe.

Last edited:
Interesting. I believe I'm a overpronator so maybe it has something to do with that?

I'll most likely get another pair of the 33 or 34, but am deciding between the Streak 6 or Elite 9 as my speed day shoe.

It's likely due to the set-up of the Zoom Flys and the way you're landing. Landing heel first on a carbon fiber plate in the Zoom Flys even with the foam feels too rugged, and it hurts. I didn't have the ankle pain, but I felt the impact and I knew right away that it takes time to not just adjust to the shoe, but I have to change my stride. If you can somehow adjust your stride to land midfoot at the least, it might help. The pain will likely come, but it may be less painful than the previous.

also if you lift up the insole is the zoom units in heel and forefoot visible by way of lumps?

my forefoot zoom unit is but the heel is not. is that normal?

Last edited:
For those serious runners out there, can you explain the benefit of that part of the shoe on the 35s that covers the Achilles? I feel like it would put pressure on it.

Back
Top Bottom