pimp.gif

Release: 7/1 & 8/1
Retail: $90

sp7vo4.jpg

260slg0.jpg

2ahegl5.jpg

2d1x0fc.jpg

eek.gif
but I don't know what to make of these yet... hmmm... veryinteresting, to say the least. Glad they brought back the forefoot strap.

Need to see these in person... they need a proper chloro colorway too...

Thanks again, Fear, for the pics.

man u've been inundating us with new releases man!....NICE! lol....these trainers are lovely dude and for the price, even yummier!...keep the infocoming...

Looks like they added some features that the first TR1 should have had. Good to see. I like these initial pics. The first CW will be had. As will a properChloro......which you know they will make eventually, eh, Sin?

^ You think they're gonna treat these like the TR1's? Everyone and their mothers are going to get their own edition.

forefoot zoom or no zoom?

phylite forefoot is so 90-00

edit: just saw the price. looks like its the same as this past summers tr1. great for casual comfort but that cushioned insole will bottom out before you knowit. Nike has been quite sneaky lately in that regard. they catch you awe inspired and liking stuff initially but there is no durability when your wholecushioning structure is based on some x2 thick insoles.

once again it appears im happy with my choice to pick up another 04 zoom trainer.

Performance-wise I'm sure that strap will improve forefoot lockdown but aesthetically it look horrible and too busy. In terms of looks the Trainer 1s lookmuch simpler and cleaner.

thank you very much for posting these, i can't wait to see the oregon pe's for this model.

BP where you at?

there will definitely be an oregon travel shoe for this though...

thanks again fear........

outta curiousity, what's the purpose of the forefoot strap?
i do not believe i own a show that has this, so i have no clue on whats the purpose.....

Originally Posted by oneonenine

i do not believe i own a show that has this, so i have no clue on whats the purpose.....
The original Nike Air Trainer 1 came out in the late 80s with a forefoot strap.

euj79l.jpg

I am assuming the strap is for lateral support, since most cross trainers back in the day were considered groundbreaking because they could be used for courtsports like tennis or basketball (using lateral, left-to-right motion) or running (front-to-back motion).

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Perhaps?
tongue.gif
Yeah, its rough, but you get the idea.
I like.

You own the LeBron VI. Don't those have non-adjustable forefoot supports?

you are correct, i just realized that the vI does have that....
so............... just a more snug lockdown is the purpose?

yep. lockdown support for stability and really that lateral movement. a true to life outrigger helps with that as well. its hard to tell if this model hasthat.

laces can only help so much so the strap really is just extra insurance.

this site goes into great detail about the original at1 and the then current 2004 zoom trainer:
http://krysanthemum.com/nikelab/usa/episode_3/index.html?loc=restoration

The 04 zoom trainer strap was a step in the right direction for a more sleek strap look. It used a new type of velcro that made the strap almost flush with theother parts of the shoe. it didnt stand out much at all. This 1.2 model strap reminds me of the stat bball line shoes. The strap on these new ones just seemtoo bulky. change for the sake of change i guess. if you go with something that weve seen i guess its too close to the original and even the zoom trainer 1,that you arent giving us much of anything NEW. so they change things up even when it may not work cosmetically

quick PS:

MAIN elements to focus on with this 1.2 model:
-FLYWIRE
-FLYWIRE
-FLYWIRE

Let the color of the flywire be the main focal point in the accent colors. The at1 chlorophyll and varsity red originals thrived in having that monochromepalette served in with a slight accent of color. a PERFECT BALANCE if you will.

The first colorway seems to focus too much on the green. The second and third arent bad.

Here is what I would have gone with for that true to life "chlorphyll" original c/w.

774359ce40556e68c5e5c9d1bfcd93cced28549.jpg

-Color in that breathable area below the velcro strap. that is just too out of place for my liking
-Color in the outrigger midsole elements. The shoe has enough color.
-Whole new strap system. Steal the 04 zoom trainer low profile strap and let it just blend in with the shoe.
-The main focal point on this shoe goes straight to the colored flywire and visible colored airbag.

I'd buy a hundred of those in an instant. That would be a shoe I could get behind.

what we see in the first photos.. not so much..

another PS:

photo inverted to black. then altered a bit for that neon yellow/grey/black look:
b55251b4f366ec31c2fbcb4b2308f6da02b2233.jpg

not sure what i think about these. yet with the first ones i was sold on once i saw them in person so maybe the same thing will happen

you are correct, i just realized that the vI does have that....
so............... just a more snug lockdown is the purpose?

have you ever been to new york?

the purpose of the strap is so that you can unstrap it from the shoe, strap it to itself, and thus make your shoes look cooler with your jeans.

isn't that the real purpose?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom