Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

Aftr lookn at pics on ebay. These are hot n the toebox is really nice. Major improvement on Nike end. Cant wait to get a pair now :pimp:

Last edited:
What a pleasant surprise. These look to be an improvement over the 2009 version. Toe box looks rounder and the overall shape looks better. Leather looks really nice!

Last edited:
+toebox may be better than 09
+the insole is navy blue again
+the leathers may be better than 09

-overall shape is still 09ish
-medicine ball color still too dark again
-ankle mesh & cheap tongue mesh
-swoosh looks like durabuck or something
-'air trainer' is navy on the sole but now the pods aren't just light grey, they look unpainted, should be blue
-THE PERFORATIONS!!!

verdict: i'd need to wear em to see if the rounder toebox helps with pinky issues from 09 release - to replace the 09
but still not seeing the retro i want to see with this release, argh!

Last edited:
+toebox may be better than 09
+the insole is navy blue again
+the leathers may be better than 09

-overall shape is still 09ish
-medicine ball color still too dark again
-ankle mesh & cheap tongue mesh
-swoosh looks like durabuck or something
-'air trainer' is navy on the sole but now the pods aren't just light grey, they look unpainted, should be blue
-THE PERFORATIONS!!!

verdict: i'd need to wear em to see if the rounder toebox helps with pinky issues from 09 release - to replace the 09
but still not seeing the retro i want to see with this release, argh!
Do you have them in hand yet? Just curious. So here it is you will not have pinky issues with these seems like that is a biggy for you. This retro is very close to the OG trust me! The 09 was a mess but these are really nice

OMG! the fit on the new medicines is such an improvement, even over the trainer 3 jockeys that dropped a few months back. rocking an 11 today and no toe pinch!

My og viotech trainers had that problem. (Not sure if they been retro'd) hopefully these wont be a problem with that pinky toe.

Cant believe this shoe is being released..bringing me back to the shoe game lol

Do you have them in hand yet? Just curious. So here it is you will not have pinky issues with these seems like that is a biggy for you. This retro is very close to the OG trust me! The 09 was a mess but these are really nice

Any reviews on sizing yet? 09s were pretty TTS. What's the feeling on these?

Scooped a sz13 up. That size seems to be the 1st to go. Impressions in about a week. I had a hunch from a photo i saw. White leather had some wrinkling/precreasing. That seems indicative to quality or at least something different / better than the 2009s. We shall see.

It would be hard to be worse than 09s, those things were almost unwearable for me. Not crazy about the mesh around the ankle, no idea why they would do something like that. Like now much money could that actually save them?

Some minor differences Im noticing before I get my pair.

2014 tongue says "NIKE AIR TRAINER III".... I guess that's sorta right lol.

OGs read NIKE AIR TRAINER SC, with AIR TRAINER SC in gold threading. The 2000s were perfect in that regard... Then the 2009s just read NIKE AIR TRAINER in all Navy. So we pretty much have three variations with each of the three releases (1988 and 2000, 2009, and 2014).

How we went from NIKE AIR TRAINER SC I ( or just SC) in 1988 to the AIR TRAINER III in 2000 is a mystifying error in true JUDGEMENT that will forever give us a gauge that Nike just really doesn't care about the smallest of accuracy/inaccuracies. The funny or weird thing is that the tongue tag was right in 2000 despite the box tag saying air trainer III. Now in current 2014, both the box and the tag say Air Trainer III...

Just a weird FYI for you all to ponder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom