Nike Air Trainer Max 91 PICS (sneakernews)

Originally Posted by ponson02

I just copped in Houston for 100 flat. In 04 I bought 3 pair of blacks and 1 pair of these but I ordered them in an 11. The toe box and the fact that they ran big caused me to put them up and forget about them. They are still sitting in my stash DS. I got a 10.5 in these just to have a pair I would actually rock.

Still run big on length but they also fit better in the width (I have wide feet). I can actually rock these comfortably strapped up. The last retro was long and narrow to me.

Thanks for the update on the fit. I don't have wide feet, but the straps were never comfortable to me.

RE: the dust magnet comment. Compared to normal real suede, the first retros were a much hardier material. If there is any positive out of that retro, its that the synthetic materials are great in regards to rain/moisture. My dirt problem, especially living in the desert, is that these seem to be twice as hard to clean with a suede eraser/brush than with typical real materials. It's hardier in regards to durability, but it gets dirtier quicker than normal materials.

I've posted this before but it's a great shot of the true contrast in the direction they went with this shoe
21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

A true yellow color with a blueish tan sets that shoe off something serious. Yet the retro toned everything down to a whole new colorway.
--------------
As much complaining it appears that I do, I do love my 04 retro pair and wear them as much as I can. Comfort is there. Just throw out any facts about the origins of this shoe, and you'll be satisfied with the shoe. It's a part of my rotation of wearers, and should be for anyone else.

RE: the dust magnet comment. Compared to normal real suede, the first retros were a much hardier material. If there is any positive out of that retro, its that the synthetic materials are great in regards to rain/moisture. My dirt problem, especially living in the desert, is that these seem to be twice as hard to clean with a suede eraser/brush than with typical real materials. It's hardier in regards to durability, but it gets dirtier quicker than normal materials.

I've posted this before but it's a great shot of the true contrast in the direction they went with this shoe
21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

A true yellow color with a blueish tan sets that shoe off something serious. Yet the retro toned everything down to a whole new colorway.
--------------
As much complaining it appears that I do, I do love my 04 retro pair and wear them as much as I can. Comfort is there. Just throw out any facts about the origins of this shoe, and you'll be satisfied with the shoe. It's a part of my rotation of wearers, and should be for anyone else.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Awesome pic up there, good to see another old school dude to join the clan, maybe we need a Team Old School?
wink.gif

These are a must, can't wait, and i need this bmx as well:

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/raleigh-burner-zoom.jpg

or this one, of course....

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/history/et.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still wish I had mine, it was stolen one day when I left it at work (back in 1997) SMH at me for leaving it there.  I was so pissed these things are selling in the 1000+ range for this color its bugged out.

Wally I'm glad you posted that pic up again to show the guys that don't know about the Original the difference.  For some reason Nike feels they need to make everything bland yet they make hideous  shoes like the Yeezy's....go figure.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Awesome pic up there, good to see another old school dude to join the clan, maybe we need a Team Old School?
wink.gif

These are a must, can't wait, and i need this bmx as well:

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/raleigh-burner-zoom.jpg

or this one, of course....

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/history/et.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still wish I had mine, it was stolen one day when I left it at work (back in 1997) SMH at me for leaving it there.  I was so pissed these things are selling in the 1000+ range for this color its bugged out.

Wally I'm glad you posted that pic up again to show the guys that don't know about the Original the difference.  For some reason Nike feels they need to make everything bland yet they make hideous  shoes like the Yeezy's....go figure.

Edit: I didn't see the 04 and OG comparison on page 2. Though the 04 yellow isn't close to the OGs, I actually like the 04 retro better. Now I agree, nothing beats an OG. I just like the yellow used on the 04 retro. I thought the yellow on the 04 retro was close to the OGs. I had these when I was like 7 or 8. Because I hadn't seen these in OG form since, I thought the 04 pair was almost dead on. Either way, Ill stick with my 04 pair. Ill probably cop the black and white pair though.

Edit: I didn't see the 04 and OG comparison on page 2. Though the 04 yellow isn't close to the OGs, I actually like the 04 retro better. Now I agree, nothing beats an OG. I just like the yellow used on the 04 retro. I thought the yellow on the 04 retro was close to the OGs. I had these when I was like 7 or 8. Because I hadn't seen these in OG form since, I thought the 04 pair was almost dead on. Either way, Ill stick with my 04 pair. Ill probably cop the black and white pair though.

The yellow wasn't close on the 04 pair, and on the OGs it was more of a blue/grey. Did you look at the pics of the comparison with the OGs and 04's?

The yellow wasn't close on the 04 pair, and on the OGs it was more of a blue/grey. Did you look at the pics of the comparison with the OGs and 04's?

best thing about these:

you cant really match it with anything so you throw it on, like you did when you were a kid, and call it a day.

They also feel like a mid or a low with the opening at the ankle. Very carnivore like I assume. The bulk of the shoes mass is in that lower region.

With the 2004 retro, I have never had any comfort concerns. The synthetic napless suede does a good job.

Bottomline, don't let these flop

best thing about these:

you cant really match it with anything so you throw it on, like you did when you were a kid, and call it a day.

They also feel like a mid or a low with the opening at the ankle. Very carnivore like I assume. The bulk of the shoes mass is in that lower region.

With the 2004 retro, I have never had any comfort concerns. The synthetic napless suede does a good job.

Bottomline, don't let these flop

Back
Top Bottom