Nike Air Zoom Flight 96 Retro 2014...Olympics with the 6

Nike didn't do anything when Reebok released these? Or did they?
news_reebok-question-packer-shoes-for-player-use-only-pack-02.jpg
They couldn't do anything, as the players in question actually wore them.

Lebron in High School, and Kobe when he was actually considering Reebok as a sneaker free agent. Plus, Kobe no longer wore #8, and LeBron was wearing #6 at the time.

Iverson retired his #3.  

There were all over eBay for $100-$125 earlier today. Now two pairs only and both are $200+.

A pair sold earlier for $350 already. These Iverson joints gonna be $400 very soon

They couldn't do anything, as the players in question actually wore them.

Lebron in High School, and Kobe when he was actually considering Reebok as a sneaker free agent. Plus, Kobe no longer wore #8, and LeBron was wearing #6 at the time.

Iverson retired his #3.  

How would any of that possibly matter? That's still obviously Lebron and Kobe's likeness. Lebron was never signed by Reebok and neither was Kobe. This is literally the exact same situation. If Jordan brand did a Georgetown colorway Jordan XI with a number 3 on the back I guarantee Iverson would've still had them pull it.

How would any of that possibly matter? That's still obviously Lebron and Kobe's likeness. Lebron was never signed by Reebok and neither was Kobe. This is literally the exact same situation. If Jordan brand did a Georgetown colorway Jordan XI with a number 3 on the back I guarantee Iverson would've still had them pull it.
No, it is not their likenesses.

I am not going to argue this, because Reebok did not receive any backlash, but Nike did. Obviously there are legalities involved that were covered by Reebok, but not by Nike.

Unless Nike paid Iverson the royalty he would not pursue legal action. Guess he needs the money bad.

Last edited:
So if a shoe has a 3 on it he can sue? Kobe is with nike so why pull those?

Nope absolutely not

Them scrapping these peobably has nothing to do with iverson crying because they arent releasing the kobe version either

Maybe nike realized it looked petty on their part to sell a shoe inspired by a reebok endorser

Something adidas hasnt learned desperately dropping laker colorways and putting the number 8 on a shoe that never had an 8 on them in the first place

Didn't AI get his pockets emptied recently by one of his baby mamas? Regardless, it's still nice to see an athlete standing up to Nike for trying to capitalize on their name/image without their consent. 

Yea right ai still mad nike aint sign him and reebok did :lol:

When adidas bought reebok they prolly lowered his lifetime salary :lol:

Yea right ai still mad nike aint sign him and reebok did :lol:

When adidas bought reebok they prolly lowered his lifetime salary :lol:

Damn I didn't know they bought out reebok. I heard ai is getting a certain amuynt from reebok when he turns 50. Like a you know you're gonna blow this money contract clause

*if ai had signed w nike :wow: image that signature series :x

Last edited:
Yea reebok was bought by adidas almost ten years ago

Funny thing is somebody is trying to buy reebok from adidas right now :lol:

My bro went to grab a pair or two from the Footlocker and he went to buy them, the manager stopped the transaction. Apparently the email to pull them from the shelves went out this morning. Call your boys who work at stores and try to get a hookup if you want a pair!

My bro went to grab a pair or two from the Footlocker and he went to buy them, the manager stopped the transaction. Apparently the email to pull them from the shelves went out this morning. Call your boys who work at stores and try to get a hookup if you want a pair!
That's interesting.  I ordered mine last night from Footlocker online and they shipped today.  Or at least I got my UPS tracking number anyway.  That's sick if they become some ultra limited edition.  :smile:

The flight 96s are my favorite Nikes ever...so getting a collectors item in my favorite shoe is pretty sick.  Pretty sure that package is never going to go out tho.  Just would be my luck.

Even better, I had my Birthday Coupon from earlier this month, so got them for $118 shipped.  No complaints here if they come through.

Last edited:
well this is crazy, i ordered my 2nd pair of the AI joints yesterday, and a couple hours later i tried again to add them on footaction, it wouldn't let me add them, footlocker was ok.....and now, they aren't on either site. lmao, i did get shipping confirmation on my 2nd pair so i hope i get them. 

well this is crazy, i ordered my 2nd pair of the AI joints yesterday, and a couple hours later i tried again to add them on footaction, it wouldn't let me add them, footlocker was ok.....and now, they aren't on either site. lmao, i did get shipping confirmation on my 2nd pair so i hope i get them. 
i got shipping from footaction today...though i waskinda hoping they didnt ship...got caught up.

Back
Top Bottom