Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

^You're cute.

Maybe jamming his finger will be bad press for the Spalding brand basketball the NBA uses.

You moron.
but a jammed finger didn't see him miss any games, or *gasp* the all-star game.  however, a bum ankle - bummed while wearing lows, mind you - is keeping him out of the all-star game.  maybe if he's lucky, he can pay Nash to wear his AS special make-up Vs in the game just so nike can still get them out on the court on the feet of an all-star starter.  

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^You're cute.

Maybe jamming his finger will be bad press for the Spalding brand basketball the NBA uses.

You moron.

roll.gif

and his back spasms are due to the jersey. damn adidas!!

^again, only his ankle issue has been cited as the injury keeping him out...

Originally Posted by clkru

^again, only his ankle issue has been cited as the injury keeping him out...

Obviously, you know nothing about basketball. Even with a mid or high top, if someone big, (such as Lamar Odom), steps on your foot while you take off running, you're going to get hurt. There are plenty of players who have sprained their ankles when wearing high tops. You're criticism on the shoe = fail. You yourself = idiot.

the argument about the cut of one's shoe for bball and ankle sprains is really like beating a dead horse now and especially on NT. i don't understand why some people still criticize a shoe's performance without ever playing in them. and further more, i don't understand why those people feel the need to express themselves publicly when their opinions have no credibility.

on topic: kobe V's are stealing all the game time from my other shoes!

Obviously, you know nothing about basketball. Even with a mid or high top, if someone big, (such as Lamar Odom), steps on your foot while you take off running, you're going to get hurt. There are plenty of players who have sprained their ankles when wearing high tops. You're criticism on the shoe = fail. You yourself = idiot.
you guys are probably right... I might be biased here because I don't like Kobe at all, and have ONLY ever sprained my ankle playing in lows... once moderately fooling around in chuck taylors, and once severely in Zoom MVPs (with ASO's on).  But for his fans sake, I think its unfortunate that Kobe - the second best player in the world behind LeBron - is missing regular season and all-star games due to an ankle injury suffered while playing in the "lightest, lowest basketball shoe ever".  Just doesn't inspire much confidence in the V for me.

Originally Posted by clkru

you guys are probably right... I might be biased here because I don't like Kobe at all, and have ONLY ever sprained my ankle playing in lows... once moderately fooling around in chuck taylors, and once severely in Zoom MVPs (with ASO's on).  But for his fans sake, I think its unfortunate that Kobe - the second best player in the world behind LeBron - is missing regular season and all-star games due to an ankle injury suffered while playing in the "lightest, lowest basketball shoe ever".  Just doesn't inspire much confidence in the V for me.

This is the way I see it.

If you're going to step on someone's foot, or land on someone's foot on the way down, you WILL do more damage in a higher cut shoe. High cut shoes tend to be higher off the ground as well... whereas the low cut shoes are lower to the ground (ala kobe 4's and 5's).

I have only rolled my ankle in high cut shoes... I've been wearing the kobe 4's since May 2009, and a few weeks ago decided to put my high cut shoes on and rolled my ankle, slightly. Never going back to a high top again after that experience.

As far as the ankle problems with lows... I'd have to side with the fact that you do sprain in either highs or lows, one isn't more reliable than the other. If you turn your ankle landing on someone's foot, you're going to hurt yourself either way.

I think it all comes down to if people want that "natural movement" with their ankles free, as opposed to the extra support mids give you.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

As far as the ankle problems with lows... I'd have to side with the fact that you do sprain in either highs or lows, one isn't more reliable than the other. If you turn your ankle landing on someone's foot, you're going to hurt yourself either way.

I think it all comes down to if people want that "natural movement" with their ankles free, as opposed to the extra support mids give you.
True statement. That's how I feel.

It also depend on how you rolled your ankle. However shoes with thicker sole tend to give a more severe ankle sprain than shoes with thinner sole. I sprained my ankle in the Air Max 360 in 06 and it took me nearly 6 weeks to get back to the court. I went in for a one handed rebound and landed on some big dude with a size 14 shoes. I jump pretty high but my confident to go inside for rebounds was never the same after that incident
laugh.gif
. I became a perimeter player now . Just shooting jumper and three all day.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

It also depend on how you rolled your ankle. However shoes with thicker sole tend to give a more severe ankle sprain than shoes with thinner sole. I sprained my ankle in the Air Max 360 in 06 and it took me nearly 6 weeks to get back to the court. I went in for a one handed rebound and landed on some big dude with a size 14 shoes. I jump pretty high but my confident to go inside for rebounds was never the same after that incident
laugh.gif
. I became a perimeter player now . Just shooting jumper and three all day.
lol, i would do the samething and just stay on the outside and shoot

The only thing that has me not pullin the trigger on these is I haven't seen is someone with pics with jeans. Can anyone with pics please post

We talkin strictly performance i hope and not style, as far as MJ not having shoes like these.  

Originally Posted by puffin85

We talkin strictly performance i hope and not style, as far as MJ not having shoes like these.  
to me AJ18 and after are pretty much even with new shoes coming out nowadays except 21 (too heavy)

Originally Posted by abstractability

Both.

I like the Kobe V, but I could fill this pg with Jordan's that would kill these style wise.

Waiting to get some more v's. I still ball in my iv. Maybe the draft day will be my new bball shoes. Fit and comfort is really nice.

Originally Posted by abstractability

Both.

I like the Kobe V, but I could fill this pg with Jordan's that would kill these style wise.

there is not 1 pair of jordan shoes that appeal to me. the xx3's did, but when i got them i was like
grin.gif
sick.gif

^^ style wise, IMO there are alot of jordans that I like better, but thats prolly coz im alot older lol. kobe v are nice, but IMO it looks alot like a pair of running shoes (especially if you take away the kobe logo).

Back
Top Bottom