Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Went back in the pm and hooped 3 games full court. Left big toe hurts a bit smh haha. Has a bit of a numb tingly feel and is tender, might have lightly sprained it. Don’t wanna blame it on the shoes but the 2 way does have a very flat toe box that pushes down on the toes hard.

Went back in the pm and hooped 3 games full court. Left big toe hurts a bit smh haha. Has a bit of a numb tingly feel and is tender, might have lightly sprained it. Don’t wanna blame it on the shoes but the 2 way does have a very flat toe box that pushes down on the toes hard.
Flat toebox? Like, shallow? Not sure what you mean

Got index toe rub in KD 15 last night, first time for that, not a big issue. I enjoy the soft toebox upper on them tho

Flat toebox? Like, shallow? Not sure what you mean

Got index toe rub in KD 15 last night, first time for that, not a big issue. I enjoy the soft toebox upper on them tho
I guess shallow could be the right description. Feels like the material presses down hard on the top of the toes and doesn’t let the big toe flex that well. I have a blister on top of my big toe and the knuckle feels pretty sore and tender.

Bron 16s today for an upper body lift. They are breaking in and feeling better each time.

Attachments

• 38B09AA4-2C88-46EC-9A83-9E6337796750.jpeg
    38B09AA4-2C88-46EC-9A83-9E6337796750.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 262
Still on the hunt for the one I call "go to" shoe man.
Cannot find a good one yet besides GT Cut 1
I honestly felt the kd13 was almost 10/10 for me. I’m guessing that’s why some guys like Siakam still wear them now.

The 2 flaws really didn’t affect performance… 1) ventilation is non existent, I can’t remember hooping in a shoe that was soaked in sweat after each run. I literally run a fan on them when I get home and keep dryer sheets in em 🤣

2) they’re kinda ugly imo. Some colorways are less ugly

I keep a couple in my rotation right now with cuts 1s and kd14. AJ 37 lows come in later this week, excited to try em

Still on the hunt for the one I call "go to" shoe man.
Cannot find a good one yet besides GT Cut 1
I know the feeling lol. That’s why I have such a big rotation these days. Kobe 6 feel perfect to me but supply is too hard to come by…

Played 4 games full today with and against good comp. Bron 16s felt great had to re tighten the laces a few times between games. It had just the amount of forefoot stiffness with bounce that I like when I’m driving and jumping. Just wished the side to side traction was better. The grooves only run up and down so the lateral bite isn’t that great.

Wearing the new balance 2 way again today. I can see why it hurt my big toe, the toe box is really flat and presses down on the toes pretty hard. Doesn’t leave much room for the big toe to flex and bend when jumping. Unfortunately it seems NB doesn’t let you return shoes once worn unlike Nike, so I have to keep these

Attachments

• 282AF4EA-191B-48E6-9373-9FDCCF5F586B.jpeg
    282AF4EA-191B-48E6-9373-9FDCCF5F586B.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 165
Wearing the new balance 2 way again today. I can see why it hurt my big toe, the toe box is really flat and presses down on the toes pretty hard. Doesn’t leave much room for the big toe to flex and bend when jumping. Unfortunately it seems NB doesn’t let you return shoes once worn unlike Nike, so I have to keep these
if there is a fit issue or something, I am sure they would listen? I've had decent luck with NB CS previously.

Not long ago I was digging thru their website for return policy clarity, it was super hard to find. I ended up asking a store employee and he told me I could order online, hoop in em and return if they don’t work. I definitely got the impression it was a YMMV situation.

Anyone have experience with serious players only?

these alternate drop in midsoles have me intrigued.

So, what is this company? Looks like they’re working on making their own sneaker brand, and also have drop in midsoles you can buy on the side? I know people complain about Kobe 8/9 midsoles bottoming out. Besides that the GT cuts use drop in midsoles. So I guess if the shoe/traction still has life, but midsole is cooked, u can use these (if they’re any good). I feel like whenever my Cuts midsoles are cooked then the shoe itself (traction) will also be done

if there is a fit issue or something, I am sure they would listen? I've had decent luck with NB CS previously.
I’m gonna clean the outsoles real nice and bring them to the store in person. The shoes fit well width wise and length wise. But it’s just really tight on the top of the toes and doesn’t allow room for them to bend naturally when jumping. Basically forces your big toe to hyperextend cause the joint can’t move.

Edit: I think the right term is toe box volume. I like being able to wiggle my toes upward in my bball shoes.

Last edited:
Not long ago I was digging thru their website for return policy clarity, it was super hard to find. I ended up asking a store employee and he told me I could order online, hoop in em and return if they don’t work. I definitely got the impression it was a YMMV situation.
Google said the shoes must be in new unworn condition. But I’m gonna pull up in person like bird man and see what’s good.

“I’m here now, what’s happ’n” 😂

Cleaned up the new balance real nice and will try to return em tomorrow.

Pulled these from way back in the closet - they’ve Been on ice for like 10 years. Only worn 2-3 times cause I got annoyed someone stepped on them and scuffed the air bubble 🤣

I’m Gonna bring em to the gym tomorrow and try to gently play in them. Hopefully nothing falls apart 😂

The elites fit a tiny bit smaller than the regular 10s. Will have to wear thinner socks with them

Attachments

• 483E858D-3CD5-4F44-BBD8-31BF8B06C21E.jpeg
    483E858D-3CD5-4F44-BBD8-31BF8B06C21E.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Was at a Nike store recently and saw these on the hash wall for $70…
0ECAD489-E943-47BC-A797-8452F1B9FF45.jpeg

Ultimately passed, but I remember hearing great things about them from a performance standpoint. Felt very similar to the KD 15’s… and haven’t worn those in ages. And that’s the thing, I enjoy trying different shoes to find that elusive “perfect” pair but I know deep down that it doesn’t exist. Honestly feels to me like a lot of todays shoes are all so good that I could easily pick one pair and be completely satisfied with it. Unpopular opinion here on NT I’m sure 😂

Ultimately passed, but I remember hearing great things about them from a performance standpoint. Felt very similar to the KD 15’s… and haven’t worn those in ages. And that’s the thing, I enjoy trying different shoes to find that elusive “perfect” pair but I know deep down that it doesn’t exist. Honestly feels to me like a lot of todays shoes are all so good that I could easily pick one pair and be completely satisfied with it. Unpopular opinion here on NT I’m sure 😂
No, you’re right - last couple of years have been really good for performance from most brands. Even And1 with the Attack series has a great shoe.

Agree!

I’m actually about to the buy the cut 2

The look is just too fire for me to pass up man these colors are FIRE n upon try on it feels plush.

High off ground doesn’t bother me

Agree!

I’m actually about to the buy the cut 2

The look is just too fire for me to pass up man these colors are FIRE n upon try on it feels plush.

High off ground doesn’t bother me
Right now I’m pretty happy with the Lebron 20’s, but with discount season here I’m thinking about trying the Cut 2’s and AJ 37 lows… prices looking decent for both but if I can wait it out to get em under $100 that would perfect!

Back
Top Bottom