Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

I use these. They're very thin and often make snug shoes fit a little better. They have plenty of arch support too. There is no cushion in the forefoot though. It feels better paired with zoom or something soft.

https://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-CARBON-Insoles-Performance-Athletic/dp/B00EZ6YWUY

ae023ba0b5e45ac8_original.jpeg

Last edited:
Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Supports Orthotics Inserts Relieve Flat Feet, High Arch, Foot Pain Mens 13-13 1/2 https://a.co/d/hIyV4me

I got these a couple months ago, pretty nice. I’ve used them in some casual shoes for daily wear. It’s tough to tell bc I rotate shoes so often daily wear, what actually has an impact. The insoles run a little wide but still fit in a good amount of shoes.

I wear Move insoles w/ my LBJ 20’s, although it’s one of those shoes that I don’t really think I NEED to swap out the insoles.

If the shoe already has a really snug fit then it swapping out the insoles makes it more uncomfortable than anything.

FE60F18D-D73E-451F-A47E-251CBB357977.jpeg

Got some shots up in these today. Between Lebrons 20s, Kobe 5 and Kyries…these have fallen to the bottom of my rotation. They’re comfy but not as comfy as the other rotation kicks.
Love Kobe’s but these fall pretty short when it comes to cushioning. They make occasional appearances in my rotation but def not wearing them on a regular basis.

Bron 10 elites on court today. Man I forgot how awful those round laces are. Had to double knot them to keep ‘em from coming loose, and the extra big knot dug into the front of my ankles when I tried to plant and push off. Maybe I’ll try to replace em with some flat laces. Overall they felt decent for a shoe that’s like 10+ years old lol. I am def 6’3 in these things 🤣

Attachments

• 0FA75769-10A5-4A4B-A17E-869380DE6DF9.jpeg
    0FA75769-10A5-4A4B-A17E-869380DE6DF9.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 392
Love Kobe’s but these fall pretty short when it comes to cushioning. They make occasional appearances in my rotation but def not wearing them on a regular basis.

ZERO forefoot cushion. I tried every insole possible to make those work.

If the Del Sol's were to drop though, I'm coppin. Sorry knees.

I shot around on Sunday for about an hour. It’s Tuesday and my knees still feel the lack of cushioning. 😂😂😂

I shot around on Sunday for about an hour. It’s Tuesday and my knees still feel the lack of cushioning. 😂😂😂

Tried to explain to my teammate (who is in his late 30’s and constantly complains about knee pain) that his shoes are causing him issues.

He doesn’t believe me and continues to wear NB that are 4 years old.

Bron 10 elites on court today. Man I forgot how awful those round laces are. Had to double knot them to keep ‘em from coming loose, and the extra big knot dug into the front of my ankles when I tried to plant and push off. Maybe I’ll try to replace em with some flat laces. Overall they felt decent for a shoe that’s like 10+ years old lol. I am def 6’3 in these things 🤣
I have a few pair of the neon green pair that have been relegated to stadium stair usage at this point. I rotate them out every week, to keep them "fresh". A 10-year-old shoe can't just be sitting around collecting dust. Been burned by one too many DS Jordans for that. Bags are still as bouncy as day one.

Whenever they retro the Bron 10, I hope they don't go the Nike Sportswear route and just stick an air bag in the shoe as a matter of pro forma. Going all in on these if they keep it true to the original.
This is where I was with the Kobe 4, 8 and 9's. That lunarlon be low to the ground stuff was pure nonsense.

Last edited:
Tried to explain to my teammate (who is in his late 30’s and constantly complains about knee pain) that his shoes are causing him issues.

He doesn’t believe me and continues to wear NB that are 4 years old.

I have a few pair of the neon green pair that have been relegated to stadium stair usage at this point. I rotate them out every week, to keep them "fresh". A 10-year-old shoe can't just be sitting around collecting dust. Been burned by one too many DS Jordans for that. Bags are still as bouncy as day one.

Whenever they retro the Bron 10, I hope they don't go the Nike Sportswear route and just stick an air bag in the shoe as a matter of pro forma. Going all in on these if they keep it true to the original.

This is where I was with the Kobe 4, 8 and 9's. That lunarlon be low to the ground stuff was pure nonsense.
You guys are absolutely right. I’m turning 37 this year and proper footwear definitely makes a difference in how I feel on the court and then the next days after.

On another note I was able to return the new balance 2 ways today in person, no fuss at all. Cool shoe but they just didn’t work for my feet.

When those elite 10s came out, I fell in love with them. Technically prob a year after they came out, when good deals were to be had lol. But once I played in them I couldn’t play in anything else. Grabbed a lot of pairs on eBay. Yes they were very tight but they worked for me. The cushioning was fire, traction was perfect, and lockdown was amazing.

I don’t know exactly what happened but during my run with that shoe I developed a case of plantar fasciitis from hell. It literally took years to beat and I did absolutely everything (and then some). I kind of feel that the shoes sent my feet down the wrong path and I just couldn’t get out for years. I think something to do with how thick the cushion set up is, my proprioceptors in my feet were not functioning right. And I probably should’ve retired them way sooner than I did but just kept hooping with them. Didn’t seem like cushion or traction was done so I didn’t retire them. If they ever come out again idk if I’d try them.

When those elite 10s came out, I fell in love with them. Technically prob a year after they came out, when good deals were to be had lol. But once I played in them I couldn’t play in anything else. Grabbed a lot of pairs on eBay. Yes they were very tight but they worked for me. The cushioning was fire, traction was perfect, and lockdown was amazing.

I don’t know exactly what happened but during my run with that shoe I developed a case of plantar fasciitis from hell. It literally took years to beat and I did absolutely everything (and then some). I kind of feel that the shoes sent my feet down the wrong path and I just couldn’t get out for years. I think something to do with how thick the cushion set up is, my proprioceptors in my feet were not functioning right. And I probably should’ve retired them way sooner than I did but just kept hooping with them. Didn’t seem like cushion or traction was done so I didn’t retire them. If they ever come out again idk if I’d try them.

They are definitely pretty high off the ground and very thick and bouncy. I jammed my Achilles pretty good in them yesterday trying to grab a bad entry pass that got stolen. I think you’re right about the proprioception!

I feel like the lebron 16 is a good successor for the 10 elite. Similar type of bounce but better court feel and the shoe as a whole flexes better. I think that’s what irritates the plantar fascia, when the shoe doesn’t flex well during your stride.

Been a minute, but I’ve been enjoying playing in the GK 5 reverse Bruce lees.

Also unboxed these today for a little shoot around and 2 on 2. Lbj 16s are so comfortable to me. They match my foot shape perfectly. I really love this Superman colorway, so happy to finally grab a pair. Was only $125 plus $20 fees off stock x.

Attachments

• 3B9963DB-345D-4759-BB2B-2D7D1B2888CB.jpeg
    3B9963DB-345D-4759-BB2B-2D7D1B2888CB.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 02232A1B-7487-42F1-8DA6-62D8E5CC60C3.png
    02232A1B-7487-42F1-8DA6-62D8E5CC60C3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 544FD737-486D-432E-A2D2-7FAEBCFBA981.jpeg
    544FD737-486D-432E-A2D2-7FAEBCFBA981.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 19FFAC85-6C83-4CA8-A208-371524F1DD11.jpeg
    19FFAC85-6C83-4CA8-A208-371524F1DD11.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 288

Also unboxed these today for a little shoot around and 2 on 2. Lbj 16s are so comfortable to me. They match my foot shape perfectly. I really love this Superman colorway, so happy to finally grab a pair. Was only $125 plus $20 fees off stock x.
My buddy wears those exact 16’s here and there, dude flies in them. He likes em a lot and he’s usually in something more minimal/quick

My buddy wears those exact 16’s here and there, dude flies in them. He likes em a lot and he’s usually in something more minimal/quick
The heel to toe transition and overall straight line bounce is fantastic. Feels like you’re running on a spring plate. Side to side and lateral is a different story though haha.

I’m really tempted to tryout gk 5’s and even thinking about ordering the gt cut and comparing them completely performance and look wise with my retails. I wasn’t really looking to get reps on Kobe’s or Cut’s but if the pros (confirmed on Reddit) actually wear Gk’s, then it’s good enough for daily pick up or Rec leagues. Especially resellers asking crazy prices on Kobe’s and the Cut 1’s.

Last edited:
I’m really tempted to tryout gk 5’s and even thinking about ordering the gt cut and comparing them completely with my retails. I wasn’t really looking to get reps on Kobe’s or Cut’s but if pro’s (confirmed on Reddit) actually were Gk’s, then it’s good enough for daily pick up or Rec leagues.
I have two versions of the cuts. I’ll make a post about it when I have some more time. One version is wider and I could fit true to size but on the better version, it’s narrower like the retail ones so I had to go up half a size. I also had to go up half on the gk 5 and 6.

The shoes are def good enough for pickup and Rex leagues. Doom batch cuts are about $80-100 but the gk Kobe’s are about $160. I prefer the Kobe’s but I’m going to start wearing the cuts more just because they are cheaper. I’m trying to get used to the zoom stroble but it feels weird to have some air beneath my arch area. I’m more used to having one thick bouncy bag in the forefoot on the gk Kobe’s.

Anyway let me know what pictures and stuff you want to see and I’ll try to take some for you.

I have two versions of the cuts. I’ll make a post about it when I have some more time. One version is wider and I could fit true to size but on the better version, it’s narrower like the retail ones so I had to go up half a size. I also had to go up half on the gk 5 and 6.

The shoes are def good enough for pickup and Rex leagues. Doom batch cuts are about $80-100 but the gk Kobe’s are about $160. I prefer the Kobe’s but I’m going to start wearing the cuts more just because they are cheaper. I’m trying to get used to the zoom stroble but it feels weird to have some air beneath my arch area. I’m more used to having one thick bouncy bag in the forefoot on the gk Kobe’s.

Anyway let me know what pictures and stuff you want to see and I’ll try to take some for you.

Thanks man will do and just ordered the Bruce lee 5’s, I’m hoping it’s as good as my retails or close…to looks and performance wise. I’m happy to pay $160 vs resellers asking prices.

Back
Top Bottom