Nike Flyknit Air Max 2014

don't really get the whole switching pairs out to match thought the "MC" stood for MULTICOLOR not MATCHING COLOR but hell thats just me lol

don't really get the whole switching pairs out to match thought the "MC" stood for MULTICOLOR not MATCHING COLOR but hell thats just me lol
I assumed it was to get the colors that we like (heavy on the blue, less orange, etc) as opposed to matching them up to be identical. 

I'm with you. Only reason I have made the attempt is to get the colors close. I've had two right shoes that were about 65% orange. I do like the orange in the shoe, just not that much of it. If they have them at FNL tomorrow I might keep one pair if I can swap a right shoe

Think it might be time to pull the trigger on the multicolor maxes. Got $30 on discover cash back and just got $50 from ebates. That should lessen the blow a little :lol:

Still need my first pair period of this model. I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't grab one before they stop making these

I'm with you, I don't think I would ever mix and match these shoes or any model that has MC just to get a consistent color... I love how no one shoe is ever the same pattern and that's what make it unique

Last edited:
I matched my pairs to be honest and I don't feel bad about it.
I originally got a pair from nike but ordered one from FNL when sizes popped up since I had a $20 WC and would get a $20 future reward just for buying.
Since I had both in hand, I just grabbed the match I liked better and returned the other set to nike.

That said, if the MC go on deep sale..... Count me in on another :pimp:

I assumed it was to get the colors that we like (heavy on the blue, less orange, etc) as opposed to matching them up to be identical. 
i actually asked for the extra pairs so that i DON'T get identical weaves/colors. i was just going for a left and right shoe with the best color variations

i actually asked for the extra pairs so that i DON'T get identical weaves/colors. i was just going for a left and right shoe with the best color variations
Agreed I got two pair so that they would be different one mostly blue one mostly green both have a good amount of orange too. I think it kinda gives it a "what the" feel!

finally unDS my pair today. i don't really like the way they feel as I'm getting a little heel slipping. My ankles and heels dont feel secure in them. Also me left shoe squeaks when walking. Anyone else have issues with squeaking? It's not a high pitched squeak but sounds like leather rubbing against leather or something.

I just played around with it for a little and it seems like the insole is squeaking when there is pressure on it. It's annoying as sht. You would think a $200 shoe wouldn't have issues like this.

Last edited:

finally unDS my pair today. i don't really like the way they feel as I'm getting a little heel slipping. My ankles and heels dont feel secure in them. Also me left shoe squeaks when walking. Anyone else have issues with squeaking? It's not a high pitched squeak but sounds like leather rubbing against leather or something.

I just played around with it for a little and it seems like the insole is squeaking when there is pressure on it. It's annoying as sht. You would think a $200 shoe wouldn't have issues like this.
baby powder that insole

Maybe your bubble pop because these shoes dont squeak. Lockdown is not one of its strong points.

Last edited:
So after picking up my Hare 7's this morning from a FNL I won a raffle (first time I won), I called the rest of my local FNL's and one had the MC's in stock.

Went and they pulled two pairs for me to pick from. I had a hard time picking which right and which left pair I liked the best haha.

View media item 1536885View media item 1536886View media item 1536887
I'm pretty happy with my pair, price definitely stung. If they go on sale they may be my first double up, plus with the rewards it won't hurt the wallet as much. Once Oreos hit sales I'm doing just that. Almost bought a pair but decided against it.

Walter..

Looked under the insole and there is some black sticky residue in the arch area. That might be the squeak culprit. Tried rubbing it off but stays. Wth Nike
That has to be it. I've had mine less than a week, strategically avoiding any glass, rocks or anything else that could pop these things and yet I get a squeak some days while walking

Anyone can compare the fit to something else? I have some Fingertrap Max PRMs with the Free forefoot and LeBron 11 lows that seem to work TTS for me. I don't buy much that compares to these, so wondering if I need to go TTS or 1/2 a size down. Only strict FK shoe I have is a FK chukka which I got TTS and fits fine.

Back
Top Bottom