Nike Flyknit Air Max 2014

So I worked out today. And the tail end, I decided to do sprints and push one of those weighted sleds.

I'd definitely say after having my foot pop out constantly while pushing that sled through the grass...these are probably a half size down if you're going to run or train in them.

Also to add to my performance review, the stability is provided by the thicker cut of Flyknit on the upper. The shoe is literally the max unit/sole, insert, Flyknit upper and the fly wire. This has more stability and support than the Racer or Lunar but it comes at the cost of weight.

I think if they used the same cut of fly knit upper on the racer and maybe added stability around the ankle and heel through fuse or plastic, it might improve things from a weight perspective while still providing stability. I'd also like the sole traction improved a little bit.

But definitely what I took from today as I struggled to keep my shoe on is TTS is fine if you're wearing them casual. But if you want to wear them for work activities than go half size down.

So I worked out today. And the tail end, I decided to do sprints and push one of those weighted sleds.

I'd definitely say after having my foot pop out constantly while pushing that sled through the grass...these are probably a half size down if you're going to run or train in them.

Also to add to my performance review, the stability is provided by the thicker cut of Flyknit on the upper. The shoe is literally the max unit/sole, insert, Flyknit upper and the fly wire. This has more stability and support than the Racer or Lunar but it comes at the cost of weight.

I think if they used the same cut of fly knit upper on the racer and maybe added stability around the ankle and heel through fuse or plastic, it might improve things from a weight perspective while still providing stability. I'd also like the sole traction improved a little bit.

But definitely what I took from today as I struggled to keep my shoe on is TTS is fine if you're wearing them casual. But if you want to wear them for work activities than go half size down.
you don't get the swollen foot workouts? I started at 10.5 and remember my drill saying I had to get an 11, didn't understand at the time but now I can't even wear 10.5 espc if I working out hard on the regular, heck our 40min pt 5x a wk is enough to keep my feet from shrinking back

Ugh no. My feet stay the same size for the most part. And with my TTS, I'd be crazy to run in these (I have three pairs for the L). I'd probably be running, shoe fly off and a sea gull would come take it away. Or if it were the Oreos, the Sneaker Yeti would come out. Next thing you know, it's on CL, FB and IG.

I can feel the heel slippage that he's talking about, but my toe is pretty comfortable where it's at with my size 11.  I tried on a 10.5 and they fit, but I feel like it just puts a little bit more pressure on the toes if I was to work out in them.  I feel like I'd have a blowout with my big toe sticking out in no time lol. 

I also wore no-show socks with mine in the gym that are extremely thin.  I dunno, I guess it just didn't bother me much

What do you do in the gym?

I didn't have an issue until today when I was pushing that sled through grass. I had to firmly put my feet into the terra firma and push off. Unfortunately, there was major slippage as the shoes were literally coming off my feet. I considered just taking the shoes and my socks off and doing it bare foot.

When I was doing the sprints around the quarter mile track, it wasn't really an issue.

I ordered an 11.5 in the Oreos but may go to the store and try the 11s to see how I feel. My biggest concern is if the shoe has a narrow fitting. I don't mind there not being a lot of toe space.

I did like 30 minute stairs and about 20 on the treadmill at the normal running setting.  After that, just regular lifting.  I mean, the slippage is definitely there....I feel ya on that one....I just don't know if the sizing down would correct it.  I feel like it's just a minor flaw in the way the ankle is set up.  Did you try lacing them up through the last eyelet? I might try that tomorrow.

Ugh no. My feet stay the same size for the most part. And with my TTS, I'd be crazy to run in these (I have three pairs for the L). I'd probably be running, shoe fly off and a sea gull would come take it away. Or if it were the Oreos, the Sneaker Yeti would come out. Next thing you know, it's on CL, FB and IG.
roll.gif
snow yeti and sea gulls
mean.gif

roll.gif
 I feel you, I think its bcuz I never played sports in school and only did moderation exercising activities, but mine I have no heel slippage at all in my 11 i'd be afraid to go down to a 10.5 i'd look like the step sisters from Cinderella, getting sued for my shoe popping off and taking out somebodys head
indifferent.gif

I did like 30 minute stairs and about 20 on the treadmill at the normal running setting.  After that, just regular lifting.  I mean, the slippage is definitely there....I feel ya on that one....I just don't know if the sizing down would correct it.  I feel like it's just a minor flaw in the way the ankle is set up.  Did you try lacing them up through the last eyelet? I might try that tomorrow.
They were laced up to the gills. Like I said it was specifically the activity I was doing. The sled is pretty heavy (I only put 40 pounds on their and not go OD with 4X 45 lbs). You have to dig and plant your feet and push off to move the darn thing.

I didn't even bother trying the other sled where you sprint and tie it up like parachute drills.

And again, I wouldn't recommend this for Cross Fitters or Cross Functional practitioners. They're not terrible trainers. I do think they should iterate especially in light of the Adidas Ultra Boost. Hopefully none of the other sneaker manufacturers don't try to combine weave/yarn with a nice cushiony bouncy sole with better support for cheaper. I really think they should've priced these at $170 with the tech it implemented.

The two issues with the Ultraboost is the durability of the sole and the heel design. Aesthetically, it's not touching the Nike Flyknit whatever. Not even the ugly Kobe X FK designs revealed (not named HTMs).

And Red, Sneaker Yeti is a major reseller down here in Tampa. And there is a lot of ocean/water side running so there sea gulls, etc.

Last edited:
I like the MC but I need to choose between them and the Oreo since I only have $225 to spend. I think I will get the Oreo. I can wear them with anything.

grabbed a 9.5 too. repped.
will return and rebuy with gift cards to get that number lower.

Gone... Again! Hope you all were able to eat. I missed on another pair
mean.gif
but hopefully I will get the color I wanted. Fingers crossed.

that was quick!! 2nd or is it 3rd restock and still getting sold out.. at $225 too..

Last edited:

that was quick!! 2nd or is it 3rd restock and still getting sold out.. at $225 too..
Someone had bots going at it I'm sure cause I couldnt even get into cart tried for over hour before it finally refreshed and said sold out! :-/

I wonder how many of these restocked pairs are returns from people who bought multiples to pick and choose their colors....or just from another production run. 

Last edited:

Someone had bots going at it I'm sure cause I couldnt even get into cart tried for over hour before it finally refreshed and said sold out! :-/

It's luck involved. I tried on my phone a couple times and got nothing. Got home and tried on my laptop. Added to cart on my 3rd attempt.

I'm hoping I can get them cheaper somewhere else tho.

Back
Top Bottom