Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

ok, but isn't that the endgame for any shoe?
not necessarily. I would say from Nike's point of view, if one of their products flop on a first try, it means time to go back to the drawing board and see what went wrong (in this case price). I'm sure with a few tweaks, they will come out with a better version to surpass the one that flopped. Now if the reintroduced product flops yet again, then they might consider abandoning that ship all together.

Last edited:
not necessarily. I would say from Nike's point of view, if one of their products flop on a first try, it means time to go back to the drawing board and see what went wrong (in this case price). I'm sure with a few tweaks, they will come out with a better version to surpass the one that flopped. Now if the reintroduced product flops yet again, then they might consider abandoning that ship all together.

If they truly knew what they were doing then they'd just give all of us what we've been BEGGING for.... Which would be the damn HTM's as a GR. Wouldn't be a whole lot of people complaining about price if the flyknit frees looked like them.

I'm not convinced the price point of this shoe automatically makes it a flop, especially with the marketing campaign they rolled out. by now they've had the better part of two fiscal quarters to evaluate the performance of the fk lunar which has the same price point.

by saying 'it's a wait and see game until they hit clearance' suggests a clearance price is the only way it'll sell. my argument for that is, isn't that the purpose of putting something on clearance?

there's already a lot of interest for this shoe. I don't think it's fair to call it a flop simply based off of price point.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident that these'll go on sale eventually or hit the outlets just like the F1s...

Here's a nice shot of the Black/Greys (via IG). I love the gradient! :smokin I may be reaching, but they remind me of the LeBron IVs and some Zoom Flight from the 90s. :wow:
View media item 501807

Last edited:
I'm just excited these dont have any heel padding :smokin

Ruined the fit of trainers for me :smh:

That is precisely the purpose of having clearance, but that is only a back-up option to move otherwise unsold stock at its MSRP. No one wants to design a shoe with the notion in mind that the item in question will sell if it goes on clearance. The designers want their products to sell just as quickly at its MSRP. I'm not hating on the free flyknits as a shoe, I just can't find justification for this shoe carrying a $160 price tag. Surely a lot of engineering and technology went into the shoe, but that doesn't mean the cost has to follow the amount of time invested in it. I can almost guarantee this version of the flyknit costs even less to create than its predecessors (trainers / racers / lunars). It is logically wrong to price this item at the same price point as its predecessors. A pair of regular free run 5.0 are in the $100 price range and even at that, many colorways do not sell as quickly and hit clearance. Nike should have known better from their free sales than to pull a stunt like this.

Damn. You're right. Just noticed the black section under the swoosh rather than white on the preorders. Wonder if Nike is playing games again.

That is precisely the purpose of having clearance, but that is only a back-up option to move otherwise unsold stock at its MSRP. No one wants to design a shoe with the notion in mind that the item in question will sell if it goes on clearance. The designers want their products to sell just as quickly at its MSRP. I'm not hating on the free flyknits as a shoe, I just can't find justification for this shoe carrying a $160 price tag. Surely a lot of engineering and technology went into the shoe, but that doesn't mean the cost has to follow the amount of time invested in it. I can almost guarantee this version of the flyknit costs even less to create than its predecessors (trainers / racers / lunars). It is logically wrong to price this item at the same price point as its predecessors. A pair of regular free run 5.0 are in the $100 price range and even at that, many colorways do not sell as quickly and hit clearance. Nike should have known better from their free sales than to pull a stunt like this.

one word....greed.

i really like this shoe, and plan to get some but will NOT pay MSRP. i really like those multicolored flyknit races, but can't stomach paying 150 for a running shoe with forefoot zoom only. so i passed. unless nike makes these super limited, finish line will have them marked down, then it will be time for a coupon and $20 rewards card.

I really like the design of these but 160 is pretty steep. The colorways for pre order are iffy, and the flyknit is looking very mesh like compared to trainers and racers...

So I just realized I'm going to be in London tomorrow and with the release at 1948London, wonder if I should go past to have a look.

I don't like the city pack and that's what they are releasing, but I wonder if the so called HTM flyknit free will be there....

Good to hear people in here being rationale. You don't find that on NT too often when it comes to shoes.

I love this shoe...but you are basically telling me the upper is $60 better then a regular free upper. But the free also has the flywire for lock down. So now your telling me the knit material and maybe the way it will fit and move is $60 better....I'm sorry but at the end of the day we all know that isn't true. The experience the sole gives you will be the bigger decision in buying a shoe. And the sole is the same....so the most you will get me for is $20 premiem for the upper.

So $120 is my purchase point...you put a 3.0 sole on it....il give you a $40 premium...maybe...

I am just glad to hear Flyknit bandwagon jumpers are thinking, "ooh $160 for a shoe I will keep in a box is a little too much". I am happy to pay $160 for a shoe I will use every day and beat into the ground. Good for you that you will not get a pair at retail. It leaves more inventory for me.

I am just glad to hear Flyknit bandwagon jumpers are thinking, "ooh $160 for a shoe I will keep in a box is a little too much". I am happy to pay $160 for a shoe I will use every day and beat into the ground. Good for you that you will not get a pair at retail. It leaves more inventory for me.

QFT. I'm not too upset at the price point if they're going to be durable. Toss em in the washer and they come out looking brand new :smokin

Anyone know of stores in SoCal like Footlockers that already have the FK Frees out to try on? I'm super curious to know how these fit.

Londons (best looking variation, imo) are lookin' mighty fine here (via IG) :smokin

Was about to post that. Love that CW. The matching midsole makes a big difference to me.

Last edited:
It seems like a few of the cities involved in the City Pack will also have other city cws along with their own...

*hopes for the London cw to hit NY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom